/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My husband who reverted to Islam approximately 12 years ago

Ruksana Maryam
07-30-2013, 03:07 AM
I married a man who had reverted to Islam( way before he met me- I am a born muslim).
Recently, well he has always been a little blasphemous, but recently has said 'he doesn't think the quran should be taken literally- for example said, he doesn't believe that the name of the first human being on earth was Adam a.s
can I be married to a non-believer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-30-2013, 03:11 AM
:sl:

pl. ask him to offer sincere repentance . May be he does not know if one openly denies any verse of Quran , s/he is commiting blasphemy . And Allah Knows Best.

If he denies to repent and keep saying like this , talk to a Mufti.

Ruksana Maryam
07-30-2013, 03:14 AM
WaAlaikum salaaam

I asked him yesterday if he would be happy to read a couple of islamic books again, his reply was for me to read some novels like he does. Only Allah swt is the knower of hearts, but I fear he only believes in parts.

Muslim Woman
07-30-2013, 03:16 AM

may Allah guides him and strengthen him and us in faith . Ameen.

Does he pray , fast ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ruksana Maryam
07-30-2013, 03:19 AM
No, he does not pray or first, is into rock music, has had additional tattoos since we married, the list goes on... We have 2 children aged 4 and 6, I want them to be more Islamic and am wanting to make a decision as to what steps I should take.

Muslim Woman
07-30-2013, 03:26 AM

many Muslims don't pray and fast out of laziness or some other reasons . But if one says I don't believe these are compulsory , then s/he won't be considered as a Muslim anymore unless s/he repents .

If that's the case with ur hubby , then talk to a Mufti .

Ruksana Maryam
07-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Jazakallah, I will try to speak to a mufti asap, inshallah.

Hamza Asadullah
07-30-2013, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruksana Maryam
I married a man who had reverted to Islam( way before he met me- I am a born muslim).
Recently, well he has always been a little blasphemous, but recently has said 'he doesn't think the quran should be taken literally- for example said, he doesn't believe that the name of the first human being on earth was Adam a.s
can I be married to a non-believer?

Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing your issues with us. Unfortunately this is the same way many Christians think that they do not have to believe in the "whole" scripture as long as they believe in at least some of the fundamentals. This is very flawed thinking indeed and it is because of the many flawed inconsistent and contradictive concepts of Christianity. It maybe that this type of thinking from his previous way of life has continued until today. It is all down to ignorance of the basic principles of Islam. What he really needs is to gain correct knowledge.

So I would agree with the sister that you must find a reliable local scholar immediately and get him to speak with him and answer his questions, queries and invite him to attend classes or even one to one sessions so that he may clarify his misconceptions as this is a worrying situation.

The worse that could happen is that his heart is overcome with pride and arrogance to the extent that he rejects reason and instead holds on to what he wants to believe. Pray to Allah, beg and cry unto him in these blessed nights to guide him to the straight path and to open his heart to clarification and reason.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!