/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas for muslim youth activites.

Light of islam
07-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Salam aleikom

Me and my friends are thinking of starting an islamic youth organization in our area with the purpose of getting the youth together so they can spend time with eachother in an islamic envoirnment. Now i wanted to ask you guys if you have ideas on what type of activities we could offer them (or ourselves). Note that no one of us have enough knowlegde to hold islamic lectures or teach something that has to do with islam.

Barak Allaho fikom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-30-2013, 03:47 AM
:wa:

u may arrange competition on Islamic quiz , Quran recitation , story writing and telling etc .

sajjad7006
07-30-2013, 04:44 AM
WaalkiumuSalam!
Brother that's the best for all Muslim youth. Nowadays these types of activities take more importance. You should have to arrange lectures, quiz competition, recitation of Quran with translation and Alhadith so everyone can understand clearly about the Islam.
JazakAllah o Khair

Nur Student
07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
We alaikum salaam!

Congratulations for your good intention and may Allah make it easy for you. I am sure you can come up with many good ideas on your own if you think about it. You know the conditions better than us. I just want to say that I strongly agree with "Muslim Woman" and "sajjad7006". Always keep in mind that such activities should always be the means but not the goal.

An idea: Sports usually attract the youth.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
07-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Salaam.

I agree with the poster above, sports bring a lot of muslims together. My friend and I started the below hockey league:
Please see: http://www.islamicboard.com/family-society/134319612-hockey-bringing-muslim-youth-together.html

B
y doing something the children like, such as starting a muslim basketball or hockey league, we see that the muslim brothers are more inclined to learn compared to madressa or a lecture only sort of thing. It's hard work, there are the bad moments, but at the end of the season when parents of the children come up and shake my hand and say thank you, it warms my heart. Also, the children should be asked to read a surat of the Quran, a hadith, or shaking hands and saying salaam to one another before the game or after the game, this is very beneficial in so many ways. When the season is over, we have a small banquet where we invite a mufti to speak to the players about Islam (talking to them about respect to ones parents, Muslim etiquettes, etc.) before handing out awards and having food served.

Whatever idea you and your friends decide to do, Inshallah it goes well and the youth learn more about Islam. Find out what the youth in your area like. In Toronto Canada, lots of Muslims play hockey and enjoy watching Nazim Kadri.

May Allah grant you the strength to teach the youth more about Islam, Inshallah.

Sumaiya54
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Wa Aleikum as Salaam,

All of the ideas above are really good, Alhamdulilah.

You should find a college or around that age sister who has knowledge of the deen and would be willing to teach Islam, and start classes for teenage girls (13+). We have one at my Masjid and it is really helpful because they can talk about things that they are going through with other sisters their age and learn about Islam. Also you could do that with a brother as well.

If there are any Islamic exhibits around where you live (1001 inventions is a good one) you could take field trips there. Or as suggested above, you could have monthly quiz/recitation contests with really cool prizes like food, gift certificates, or whatever else you can think of that isn't that cheap.

Maybe you could support a charity and start having fund raisers for it, which is a great way for Muslim youth to bond and is good dawah.

In sha Allah this helps. May Allah SWT bless you for all of your efforts Ameen

t.jack
07-30-2013, 08:24 PM
salaam alikum-how bout you guys make your own flash cards with the alphabet or something and learn together or do a halaal bbq at the park followed by soccor. or depending on the age paintings of halaal things. hope i helpd salaam

Ammar67
07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Wa’alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Glad to see such initiative, Insha'Allah it'll work out great. Depending upon the age ranges, you will have to change activities often to keep them engaged. Sports or crafts seem to attract the most interest in my region, along with (most) other outdoor activities this time of year. 45 minutes of study time mixed with 1-3 hours of a fun activity seem to be the norm. (Age, region and temperament dependent of course).

For the educational portion, a simple 45 minute lesson could be broken up as follows:
Video(s) = 5 minutes
Flashcards = 2 minutes
PC/EWB/OHP slide-show = 3 minutes
Worksheet = 10 minutes
Coloring based on worksheet = 10 minutes
Verbal check of material learned = 10 minutes
Reward: stickers or similar = 5 minutes

For material, just do an online search using ixquick.com, startpage.com, duckduckgo.com, etc...

shehzad.sattar
08-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Walaykumsalaam Wa Rahmahtullahi Wa Barakatuh.

May Allah bless your effort and concern for the Muslim Youth.

Knowledge is important, you mentioned that you and your friend have no knowledge. What steps are you taking to increase in this field? Do you have any private study program for yourself?

Also with the youth they love paintballing, archery and horse riding. Sports is a fantastic way of keeping them occupied. In addition to that, my wife teaches and she tells me the girls are creative and they love their arts and crafts, they also have a penchant for cooking and baking (not saying that the boys don't enjoy that too LOL).

One thing I have noticed that some of the youth find pleasure in working and helping the elderly. It's really nice to see them sitting with uncles and getting life advice, especially about being dutiful to parents. So helping and supporting charities is a great way for them to see the reality of life.

Getting them doing practical things like putting flat pack furniture together, basic DIY, cooking, etc will get there brain working and these sort of skills are for life.

Importantly they need to know about their Creator, Allah the Most High. I think if it is possible in getting guest speakers from the duaat and students of knowledge; or even taking a mini bus van full to lectures..... especially youth conferences will be beneficial. Whilst you're building up a relationship with the youth and doing things with them. On the side you need to study your Deen, learn Arabic, research aqeedah/tawheed/shirk/eemaan, learn basics of salaah, etc.

This forum has some great sections in seeking knowledge section and the aqeedah section. Importantly you need to set up a time table where you're doing a little bit of knowledge seeking a every day. My advice the best book to start with if you are a beginner is The Three Fundemental Principles of Islaam by Shaykh ul Islaam Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab. This is book is fantastic, the explanation of this book you want are:

Shaykh Saalih bin Fawzaan al-Fawzaan
Shaykh Ubaid ibn Abdullah al-Jaabiree
Shaykh Abdul Aziz bin Baaz (this one is out of print with Hujjah Publications but they told me they are in the process of releasing the second edition)
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen (this is the last one you want to read as it is more in depth)

You can download lectures on this book online and you can get the kids to listen to it as it is a simple book and the explanation are very simple. This will equip you and the youth to even give dawah to non-muslims and protect them from doubts in their religion.

Really good books for Salaah:
An Explanation of The Conditions Pillars & Requirements of Prayer - Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaab's monumental & classical work (in the back of this book it has charts for in bullet points for the conditions, pillars and waajibaat of salaah and wudhu. Something to print out and go through regularly in study circles with the kids). Explanation done by Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee and ‘Abdul-Muhsin Al-‘Abbaad.

Explanation of the Prophet's Prayer Described Authored by the Illustrious Scholar, Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee
Explanation by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn 'Umar Bazmool. This book is being released in October 2013, the dates not confirmed so look out for this book too.

I pray that Allah al-Mannaan al-Hameed, blesses you in this endeavour solely for seeking His Face and His pleasure. I pray that Allah guides us Allah and keeps us firm upon the straight path and increases our love for Him, ar-Raheem ar-Rahmaan, His Messenger Muhammad, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him, his family, his companions and all that follow his way in goodness until the Day of Judgement.

kate124
08-03-2013, 09:11 PM
You can arrange Islamic lectures on Quran, Hadith and fiqh etc that will not only help you people enhance Islamic learning but also increase your faith in God. Apart from that, you can also arrange recreational activities by adding Islamic songs, videos and other web material.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!