/* */

PDA

View Full Version : laylatulksdr

jameelash
07-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Why cant't I pray Qiyaam?

"I cannot pray Qiyaam al-Layl, tell me the cure for this." a man said to Ibraaheem ibn Adham.

"Do not commit sin during the day, and He will help you to stand before Him at night – because your standing before Him at night is one of the greatest honors, and a sinner does not deserve that honor!"

May Allah help us stay away from sins, and grant us the honor to stand before Him during the night. Ameen!

islamqa
"The du'a made at Tahajjud is like an arrow which does not miss its target".

Imam ash Shafi'i
A man said to al-Hasan al-Basri: “”O Abu Sa’eed, I sleep in good health, and I love to pray qiyaam al-layl, and I prepare water with which to purify myself, so why can I not get up?”
Al-Hasan said: “Your sins are restricting you.”
He said, may Allaah have mercy on him, “The slave who commits a sin will be denied the opportunity to pray qiyaam at night and to fast during the day.”

Al-Fudayl ibn ‘Ayaad said: “If you cannot pray qiyaam al-layl, or fast during the day, know that you are indeed deprived and restricted, chained by your sins.”

http://islamqa.info/en/3749

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nur Student
07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
"Sin, penetrating to the heart, will blacken and darken it until it extinguishes the light of belief.1 Within each sin is a path leading to unbelief. Unless that sin is swiftly obliterated by seeking God’s pardon, it will grow from a worm into a snake that gnaws on the heart.

For example, a man who secretly commits a shameful sin will fear the disgrace that results if others become aware of it. Thus the existence of angels and spirit beings will be hard for him to endure, and he will long to deny it, even on the strength of the slightest indication." ~ Bediuzzaman

Dipnot-1 See, Tirmidhi, Tafsir Sura 83:1; Ibn Maja, Zuhd, 29; Muwatta, Kalam, 18; Musnad, ii, 297.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!