/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My first vist to a halal grocery store.

Night
08-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I had no intentions on grocery shopping today. I got off work early and went to my favorite Koren restaurant. I have eaten at this restaurant a million times. It is also next to a jewelry and a shoe store that I frequent and across the street from Gamestop and the nail salon. It was surreal. I walked out of the restaurant and noticed that were several ladies in hijab going in and out of the building next to me. I am in this little area all the time and have never noticed that there was a halal grocery store right in the middle! I decide to go in and take a look. The store is spotless clean and my lungs and eyes had to adjust to the smell of spices. It was like spices was being pumped out of the air conditioner. I went to the meat counter and was greeted with "Salaam sister" and I almost started to cry........not at the welcoming greeting...but the fact that they sell 1lb of lamb meat for $7.99 and I've been paying $11 just for 3 little pieces from the restaurant. :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
08-03-2013, 09:35 PM
^ MashaAllah, that made me smile :)

It certainly makes life easier to have halaal restuarants and food stores in our vicinty. Alhamdulillah.

Hope you enjoy shopping there in shaa Allah : )

crimsontide06
08-03-2013, 10:34 PM
a halal grocery store in Birmingham?? That's good to know

Allahuakbar_
08-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Subhanallah what is the ruling on eating halal foods

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
08-04-2013, 08:36 AM
We love using our halal grocery shops. Great for pulses and spices - and much better priced. And during Ramadan I get in there for the dates! :)

عابر سبيل
08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Not only would it be cheaper, it will also be healthier if it was slaughtered the correct way.

But yes, even when I was in the US, I found this obscure halaal grocery when I have been going to some really bad ones prior. This one had such high quality meat and yet it remained so much cheaper than other places, so I was very impressed with that. And of course one can always pick up all their favorite spices from there too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!