/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My husband's going abroad for studies.

momo3388
08-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Okay I'm in a situation again brothers and sisters for which I need your help. My husband will be leaving the country soon for studies for a year. I'm staying back for now but my joining him in the future depends on whether I can stay with him in the hostel and if he gets a part-time job, etc. So we're not sure of whether I'll be joining him for sure and if yes, when will I join him there.

My problem is that we finally invested a few lacs in a relatives business that would give me some thousand rupees per month which took care of my personal expenses. However, now he is taking that money out. I study so I need money for conveyance and for other basic stuff, or just for in case of an emergency, that's all. What's bothering me is that he hasn't once talked about what he has planned for me. I'm afraid that he might not leave me anything behind. I haven't talked to him yet but I wanted to be re-assured that I do have a right to tell him to make sure he leaves something behind for me as well, correct? Either that, or he should talk to his parents about taking care of my financial needs while he's gone.

Another thing that bothers me is that his parents are completely oblivious of his needs. I mean it's a joint family system. All his older brothers are well established. Even the younger one is being helped by older brothers to get a higher degree from a prestigious institution and hence his future is bright Mash'Allah. My husband is clearly the only one who isn't established enough yet, and hence he is planning to get this degree to improve his prospects. But my in-laws have not once offered to lend him or even ask him regarding whether he needs some sort of financial support. Honestly I feel (I could be wrong in my judgement) that from their attitude, it feels like they have left him to me, since they' think' my family has a good financial background and all, they could leave him to me. I feel that's unfair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!