/* */

PDA

View Full Version : isnt this oppression?

anonymous
08-11-2013, 11:53 AM
:sl:

I have 2 questions. My first question is about sihr. I have been a victim of sihr for 26 years of my life. I have only found out about it 1 year ago but before that I had no idea about sihr/magic. I couldnt progress in life because of it, I have failed to get a proper education and job. I never get any marriage proposals. It also had a tremendous effect on my health. Isnt this oppression? Am I not being oppressed? Isnt sihr/magic a type of oppression cause it can literally destroy a person and I have been suffering both mentally and physically all my life.

My second question is, how severe is the sin of a muslim who sees another muslim suffering but doesnt come forward to help out of mercy?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
08-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Of course it's oppression.

Allah knows best. I don't think that's a useful thing to ponder. Sihr is not easy to deal with. Someone may not have the knowledge or experience to handle such a thing or fears retribution (not only on themselves but on their family members who may not be so well protected). There could be a few valid reasons why they may not be helping. No need to look too much into it. Have husn al dhan (good opinion, make excuses). At the end of the day, sihr is something that Allah has chosen to test you with and the best person to ask for help is also Allah.

Futuwwa
08-11-2013, 10:31 PM
What makes you believe you have been affected by magic?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Sihr is more widespread then you may believe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
08-12-2013, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
What makes you believe you have been affected by magic?
I have had ruqyah done on me and some of the people who did the sihr has actually confessed that they did this on me.

ardianto
08-12-2013, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I have had ruqyah done on me and some of the people who did the sihr has actually confessed that they did this on me.
Can you forgive them?

anonymous
08-12-2013, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wa alaykum salam,

Of course it's oppression.

Allah knows best. I don't think that's a useful thing to ponder. Sihr is not easy to deal with. Someone may not have the knowledge or experience to handle such a thing or fears retribution (not only on themselves but on their family members who may not be so well protected). There could be a few valid reasons why they may not be helping. No need to look too much into it. Have husn al dhan (good opinion, make excuses). At the end of the day, sihr is something that Allah has chosen to test you with and the best person to ask for help is also Allah.
Yes brother, I have been doing self ruqyah for a year. I'm not yet fully cured but I've improved a lot. Sometimes, I wonder maybe I'm not strong in enough in my taqwa, that's why my ruqyah is not curing me. Maybe theres some flaw in my faith. Thats why, I have been searching for someone who has strong taqwa to do ruqyah on me because I have heard of a hadith in bukhari that the Prophet (pbuh) said, a man with a strong taqwa, if he even recites one line from the Quran, then healing would occur immediately.

anonymous
08-12-2013, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Can you forgive them?
No they have never asked for apology. They are still doing it. They keep renewing the sihr on me. I dont even want their apology as I would never be able to forgive them. They have not only harmed me, they have done shirk because doing sihr is an act of major shirk and the prescribed punishment in the Quran is execution.

ardianto
08-12-2013, 08:17 AM
You say they really confessed that they did sihr on you. But, did the really confess in front of you and talked with you about it?

anonymous
08-12-2013, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You say they really confessed that they did sihr on you. But, did the really confess in front of you and talked with you about it?
When I became severely ill in 2009, one of them told my mom "your daughter will be fine only if she obeys my jinn". My mom asked what does she mean? she said like when i go out or do anything i have to take permission of her jinn.

Abu Zainab
08-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Yes sister this is oppression ... oppression of the worst kind. But forget about who is doing it or why ... we can never ever understand it. Have patience and tawakkul on Allah and spend your energy and time in getting your life back. I am sure you are well aware of these remedies but its always good to remind each other:

1. Take care of all your faraaid
2. Stay away from all types of sins
3. Do istighfaar and tawbah a lot. In fact make a habit to pray two rakah everyday and pray for forgiveness and tawbah in sujood.
4. Read surah al Baqarah everyday
5. Recite these "verses that punish the jinn" - page 113 (pdf 105) from The Jinn and Human Sickness everyday (or as many times as possible)

May Allaah protect you and cure you from all illnesses and give you much much more than what you have missed because of this evil sihr and make easy for you the path to Jannah.

anonymous
08-12-2013, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
Yes sister this is oppression ... oppression of the worst kind. But forget about who is doing it or why ... we can never ever understand it. Have patience and tawakkul on Allah and spend your energy and time in getting your life back. I am sure you are well aware of these remedies but its always good to remind each other:

1. Take care of all your faraaid
2. Stay away from all types of sins
3. Do istighfaar and tawbah a lot. In fact make a habit to pray two rakah everyday and pray for forgiveness and tawbah in sujood.
4. Read surah al Baqarah everyday
5. Recite these "verses that punish the jinn" - page 113 (pdf 105) from The Jinn and Human Sickness everyday (or as many times as possible)

May Allaah protect you and cure you from all illnesses and give you much much more than what you have missed because of this evil sihr and make easy for you the path to Jannah.
Salam,

Yes I'm doing almost everything prescribed to treat sihr. I have also been reading Surah Baqarah but now I play the surah loud on my computer because i cant always recite the whole surah as it is a big surah. I feel Surah Baqarah has really helped to cleanse our house Alhamdulillah.

Futuwwa
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Why do you believe it worked? Can you think of no alternative explanation for the things that happened to you? Nothing you describe sounds that unlikely, to be honest.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!