/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fiction coming true?

Insaanah
08-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Some may be aware of the death of the author Iain M. Banks recently. He was writing his latest novel about a man with terminal cancer, when, near the end of writing the book, he discovered that he himself had terminal cancer. He has since passed away.

On Sunday, it was revealed the book - to be released on 20 June - would detail the physical and emotional strain of cancer.

It describes the final weeks of the life of a man in his 40s who has terminal cancer.

Speaking to the BBC's Kirsty Wark, Banks said he was some 87,000 words into writing the book when he was diagnosed with his own illness.

"I had no inkling. So it wasn't as though this is a response to the disease or anything, the book had been kind of ready to go," he said.

"And then 10,000 words from the end, as it turned out, I suddenly discovered that I had cancer."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22835047

Is anyone aware of other examples of fiction people have written whose storylines then actually happened in real life?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!