/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One of my non Muslim Friend ask me this question .

rokeya
08-19-2013, 01:07 AM
why didnt gabriel introduce himself to Muhammad as he did with many other prophets n people before.

The story says that a figure of a man came to Muhammad and started to squeeze him. And told him icraĆ  to read . Muhammd told him he could not read. After two more times he recited the first verses of the quran. Muhammad became scared n troubled so he ran to his wife Khadijah who was very wise n smart. Khadijah then consulted her uncle. They conducted a test and told muhammad that the man he saw was sent from God. In the quran chapter 19 and the chapter of Jesus Gabriel introduced him self as Gabriel who sits on the right hand of God. In the bible Gabriel also introduces himself as Gabriel. There was no introduction, so i must believe that Khadijah and the her uncle was right.Even when God spoke to Moses, he wasnt afraid cause his holiness Calmed Moses. My question is Why didnt gabriel introduce himself or appear to Khadijah n the Uncle to verify that he is Gabriel. N why didnt God speak directly to his final prophet of the world the way he spoke to moses. Muhammad was just as troubled as Moses was about God. Y didnt God send Gabriel to tell Moses about the Ten commandments. But his most important Book the quran Gabriel was sent. The name Gabriel in the Quran doesnt appear til later, So how should I believe that that was Gabriel when Muhammad didnt believe it at first.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
:sl:

Angels do what they were ordered to do . It's not a characteristics of believers to challenge God Almighty like that why did not He order angel to introduce himself to a Prophet or why God did that and did not do that etc . It's Satan who inspires us to ask such questions that does not benefit us .

And Allah Knows Best.

Signor
08-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by rokeya
Muhammad became scared n troubled so he ran to his wife Khadijah who was very wise n smart. Khadijah then consulted her uncle. They conducted a test and told muhammad that the man he saw was sent from God.
On the twenty-seventh day of Ramadan in the year that he turned forty, Muhammad(PBUH) sat meditating in the cave of Mount Hira. Night had fallen and he sat consumed in his thoughts, when he heard a voice that shook him to the core. The apparition that appeared took his breath away with its size and brightness that filled the sky. When it spoke, it said to him, “Read!”

Tell your Christian friend something shocking from their own book. Read this:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned." [Isaiah 29:12]
King James Version

Muhammad(PBUH) was eloquent, having been educated in spoken language and poetry in his younger years, but he never learned to read or write. Anxiously but respectfully, he answered, “I cannot read.” Again, the apparition ordered him to read. Muhammad(PBUH)'s answer was the same. Then the apparition said, “Read: In the name of your Lord who created; created man from a clot. Read: And your Lord is the Most Bounteous; Who taught by the pen; taught man that which he knew not” (96:1–5).

After receiving the first revelation, Muhammad repeated these verses, trembling with fear. At this stage, he came back to his wife Khadijah, and said:

"Cover me, ... cover me."

They covered him until he restored security. He apprised Khadijah of the incident of the cave and added that he was horrified. His wife tried to soothe him and reassured him saying:

"Allah will never disgrace you. You unite uterine relations; you bear the burden of the weak; you help the poor and the needy; you entertain the guests and endure hardships in the path of truthfulness."

She set out with Muhammad to her cousin Waraqah ibn Nawfal, who had embraced Christianity in the pre-Islamic period, and used to write the Bible in Hebrew; he was now old and blind. Khadijah said: "My cousin! Listen to your nephew!" Waraqah said:

"O my nephew! What did you see?"

When Muhammad told him what had happened to him, Waraqah replied:
"This is ‘Namus’ (i.e., the angel who is entrusted with Divine Secrets) that Allah sent to Moses. I wish I were younger. I wish I could live up to the time when your people would turn you out."

Muhammad asked:
"Will they drive me out?"

Waraqah answered in the affirmative and said:
"Anyone who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should be alive 'til that day, then I would support you strongly."

A few days later Waraqah died, and the revelations also paused for a while.

Muhammad's prediction in the Bible:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account." [Deuteronomy 18:18-19]

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and HE WILL TELL THEM EVERYTHING I COMMAND HIM." [Deuteronomy 18:18]

"He will not speak on his own; HE WILL SPEAK ONLY WHAT HE HEARS, and he will tell you what is yet to come." [John 16:13]

And From Quran

"NOR DOES HE (Muhammad) SPEAK OUT OF DESIRE. It is naught but revelation that is revealed, The Lord of Mighty Power has taught him." [Qur'an 53:3-4]

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet (Muhammad) whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them. He enjoins upon them that which is right and forbids for them that which is evil." [Qur'an 5:175]

In the quran chapter 19 and the chapter of Jesus Gabriel introduced him self as Gabriel who sits on the right hand of God. In the bible Gabriel also introduces himself as Gabriel.
Thats fine,Doesn't this mean they already know Gabriel?From Surat Al-Baqarah,Verse 97-98

Say, "Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah , confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."

Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers.

My question is Why didnt gabriel introduce himself or appear to Khadijah n the Uncle to verify that he is Gabriel.
Angels in manifestation of Humans can't be acknowledged with our limited five senses,same goes for Jinns.How can they identify their reality when none of them was neither Prophet nor Messenger of Allah.

N why didnt God speak directly to his final prophet of the world the way he spoke to moses
But his most important Book the quran Gabriel was sent. The name Gabriel in the Quran doesnt appear til later, So how should I believe that that was Gabriel when Muhammad didnt believe it at first.
Its Allah's will and this matter is beyond our limited knowledge,Surat An-Nisā verse 163-164

Verily, We have inspired you (O Muhammad SAW) as We inspired Nuh (Noah) and the Prophets after him; We (also) inspired Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], 'Iesa (Jesus), Ayub (Job), Yunus (Jonah), Harun (Aaron), and Sulaiman (Solomon), and to Dawud (David) We gave the Zabur (Psalms).

And Messengers We have mentioned to you before, and Messengers We have not mentioned to you, - and to Musa (Moses) Allah spoke directly.

Hope this answers the question.

EDIT:Beware of questions like these often coming from Christian Missionaries to lead you astray.Stay Away,this is not a hostile behavior rather a precautionary measure,since there are Devoted Christians who don't challenge the Will of Allah like in stated query.JazakAllah Khayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!