/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My family on fire!!

Periwinkle18
08-19-2013, 08:52 AM
My Family on fire!

Umm Salih

Imagine waking up one morning to the horror of finding your loved ones brutally killed. All of them, one by one, were killed n chopped like carrots. In every room that you peek, your brothers’, your sisters’, your parents’, your children’s, you find they’ve been tortured, cruelly massacred and mutilated. What will your reaction be? Will you sit still? Or stay utterly optimistic that you will be spared? Or you won’t have time to think about them and you’ll just have breakfast and go to college like you always do? Or will you be cowardly and evasive giving excuses that you can’t do anything…..

If you think it’s just a fictitious scenario that I’m talking about, you’re wrong! Step out of this shell covering yourself;’my life and my world’, and look around! A sister in Iraq, a brother in Palestine,a father in Philippines, a mother in Syria, a brother in Afghanistan, a son in Burma, a cousin in Xinjiang (China), another in North Pakistan, a brother in Yemen, sisters in Somalia, friends in Algeria, an aunt in Egypt……and so many others in many of the ‘Muslim’ lands being persecuted. My family, Your family is on fire!*Yes, they are*our family!

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahy alayhi wasallam) has said:“The Believers, in their mutual love, mercy and compassion, are like one body: if one organ complained, the rest of the body develops a fever.”*[Bukhari & Muslim]

Do you feel for them, pray for them and shed tears for them like you would have for a family member? Have you done anything*practical*to aid and support them? Do give this a thought and draft an action plan, for on the day of judgement, you will be answerable* before Allah Almighty, The Judge. Do prepare an answer! Today is all you have…….

[There are plenty of articles and books out there about Muslim Unity. This tiny piece or anything I write can do no justice to the topic. It is just a reminder for me and everyone else Insha Allah.]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h-n
08-20-2013, 10:36 PM
There is the reminder of the magicians at Pharoah's court who after they repented to Allah, had their hands and feet chopped off at alternative sides, and were crucified. Allah was so pleased with them, that he saw fit to mention them and they are written in the Quran. So as per the Day of Judgement, those people would be rejoicing for having the opportunity to proving to God their steadfastness in Islam, regardless of the torture. Of us are those who give to charity, and forget them not when we incorporate in remembering what is happening in this world, and do not treat it as nothing is going to happen when Allah has already taken the people of Aad and Thamud, but of course we still feel helpless. May Allah strengthen the Muslim Ummah and may they not be led astray to those who look towards concentrating on conflicts with no regards to heeding the signs of the Day of Judgement more.

During the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, this world no matter were you are will be effected by the same thing, ie the arrival of the Dajjal (the anti-christ), the earthquakes the Gog and Magog etc. The nations today are being tested together for the same thing, ie war in Afghanistan and Iraq, the earthquake of 2004, were the whole world moved, its waves reaching to Africa. Allah is providing a fair test and just as Allah stated to the jews in the Quran yes it was a tremendous trial that they put up with the slaying of the newborn sons. We have to be patience and with the many conflicts created by governments themselves, we are responsible to think and who to follow, and I look to the time of the Mahdi and the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him, even if I am not in this world, these two I place my trust in securely, without fear of being led astray.

Periwinkle18
08-22-2013, 04:12 PM
May Allah keep us guided on the right path ameen

Ali_008
08-22-2013, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Have you done anything*practical*to aid and support them?
:sl:

This is really a question that keeps bothering me. I have thought about it so much, but never do I reach a conclusion. I had once spoken to a believer friend about it, and he said - you will be only questioned about what was in your power. We have sympathy for our brothers and sisters in Burma, Syria, Egypt, Iraq etc, but what can be done for them by us? My friend also mentioned that although Muslims are said to be a weak community but we have our leaders. The president/king/prime minister of every Muslim country is a Muslim, and it comes under their umbrella of deeds to establish justice on political matters. We need to work on establishing Islam in our households, in our surroundings so that we receive Allah's blessings, and reach a stage where we can make a difference - even as far as making the leaders of our area take some initiative against the suffering. So if you want to help your brothers abroad, work on becoming a good Muslim, and establishing Islam in your community.

His answer gave me a little confidence, but I'm still not convinced. I still don't know what our plight will be with regards to the oppression faced by other Muslims around the world.

Can somebody enlighten me with an answer to this question?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h-n
08-22-2013, 09:19 PM
What people need to remember is that no Prophet came into this world and advised that what we should and have to have in this world, is a good, trouble free existance.

What is happening in this world is what always has happened-Allah himself is testing people. Whatever victories that the Muslims have, is not a time to ignore the signs of the Day of Judgement.

Allah had in the past destroyed people for committing idol worship,
Accepting homosexuality,
Refusing to heed the warnings given to them by the Prophets.
Allah had already provided so many warnings, ie natural disasters.

One of the most beneficial things happening for the Muslim Ummah we are seperating the good Muslims from the bad, this is what the war on terror, has provided us with. Whoever is willing to side with the governments of the west, and go against the Muslims at the time they were being attacked, is seperated from the Ummah. Those who wish to be westernized, with their clothing, what they wish to do, are free to make that choice and do it-as that is what Allah himself has allowed them to do. Again people may not think it, but actually we cannot ask for a more better thing for the Muslim Ummah. To those who even do black magic against their own family members (surprising that the west don't talk about the prevalence of black magic in Muslim countries as they are in league with the Shaytaan), so family ties from the evil ones are severed- most beneficial. You can't just sit there and complain that there are Muslims who are being bad -that is the path they wish to choose, well the Muslim Ummah does not need them, whilst they Muslims were being under attack, they decided to join with those who accept homosexuality.

These countries will finish and the Major signs of the Day of Judgement is upon us. People need to read up on this, and the Muslim Ummah would be joined under the Mahdi and the Prophet Jesus peace be upon us. IF your dreaming of peace-then what are you saying that all these countries are just going to continue?? Why should Allah let it (when he has stated that wrong-doers will be destroyed)?? Even if the Muslims had Israel, the west withdrew from all the countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan etc and said they refuse to bomb the Muslims, it won't make a difference because what they have to do is repent to Allah- as per the time of the Prophet Noah peace be upon him the people were destroyed in the flood because they refused to repent. Why should Allah let wrong doers continue when they have children outside of marriage, accept even homosexuals getting "married"-what planet are you on?? Allah himself gave everyone a reminder - those who do evil will be destroyed.

It is not for the Muslims to think and say that if the US for example gives the Muslims what they want and make peace that all is well-when Allah has already warned the wrong doers that they will be destroyed. Not about getting what we want, and how we wish to live.

Our goal in life is to be steadfast in Islam and regardless of our circumstances and wherever we are in this world we are to stay as Muslims. Our aim is not to get the wrong-doers to do what we want them to do. Even Allah has stated to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him that you are here to convey the message only. So much has happened in this world, Allah has provided so much, so please don't treat the Muslim leaders and those Muslims that decide to support the US for their own gains in the life of this world as folk who have committed minor faults-they know full well what they are doing, I don't need to tell them, may Allah curse them. If you ever going to mention about what the Muslims should be thinking about-then please refer the Quran, hadiths. There is mention of the Major signs of the Day of Judgement. Our goal in life is to be successful in the hereafter, and no matter what is happening in this world, nothing cannot change this. If you make it your goal to have the countries have peace-then do it NOW-PROVE IT. As what is worse is leading others astray, down the wrong path- if its something that you think should be achieved then get everyone to work for it and not for unattainable goals. Already advised by the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him are of the minor signs of the Day of Judgement and then the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, and if people at the time of the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him when he comes back cannot forget of the Day of Judgement and they are living in peace for only a little while-then why should others now?? Of course people will not be concerned for others going through the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, even the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him warned us of the Dajjal (anti-christ) is a tough test-so heed this.

Remember Allah and the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell much-as this is what we have to hold on to, and not ideas of how things should be.

Abz2000
08-22-2013, 09:37 PM
The answer is obvious but actually depressing when all the trivial things like children and business and getting day to day stuff done make us feel helpless, when we know we're not, also the feeling pf uncertainty and constant selfish "evaluation" of results, "will i be helping or messing things up?" "would I be a troublemaker"? Lol we're already in trouble.
Allah (swt) has answered brother Ali's question from first to last, we are the solution if only we knew the difference we can make, may Allah remove wahn from our hearts and give us the strength to assist in giving victory to His deen.

وَإِنَّ مِنكُم لَمَن لَيُبَطِّئَنَّ فَإِن أَصٰبَتكُم مُصيبَةٌ قالَ قَد أَنعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَىَّ إِذ لَم أَكُن مَعَهُم شَهيدًا

There are certainly among you men who would tarry behind: If a misfortune befalls you, they say: \"Allah did favour us in that we were not present among them.\"

وَلَئِن أَصٰبَكُم فَضلٌ مِنَ اللَّهِ لَيَقولَنَّ كَأَن لَم تَكُن بَينَكُم وَبَينَهُ مَوَدَّةٌ يٰلَيتَنى كُنتُ مَعَهُم فَأَفوزَ فَوزًا عَظيمًا

But if good fortune comes to you from Allah, they would be sure to say - as if there had never been Ties of affection between you and them - \"Oh! I wish I had been with them; a fine thing should I then have made of it!\"

۞ فَليُقٰتِل فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ الَّذينَ يَشرونَ الحَيوٰةَ الدُّنيا بِالءاخِرَةِ ۚ وَمَن يُقٰتِل فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ فَيُقتَل أَو يَغلِب فَسَوفَ نُؤتيهِ أَجرًا عَظيمًا

Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).

وَما لَكُم لا تُقٰتِلونَ فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ وَالمُستَضعَفينَ مِنَ الرِّجالِ وَالنِّساءِ وَالوِلدٰنِ الَّذينَ يَقولونَ رَبَّنا أَخرِجنا مِن هٰذِهِ القَريَةِ الظّالِمِ أَهلُها وَاجعَل لَنا مِن لَدُنكَ وَلِيًّا وَاجعَل لَنا مِن لَدُنكَ نَصيرًا

And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: \"Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!\"

الَّذينَ ءامَنوا يُقٰتِلونَ فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَالَّذينَ كَفَروا يُقٰتِلونَ فى سَبيلِ الطّٰغوتِ فَقٰتِلوا أَولِياءَ الشَّيطٰنِ ۖ إِنَّ كَيدَ الشَّيطٰنِ كانَ ضَعيفًا

Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.

Quran 4:72-76

This amazing brother cast aside all doubts and showed us how it's possible for a tiny band to make a huge difference:
May Allah grant him status among the highest:

I've never envied anyone's grave other than his, for some reason the envy i felt at seeing that grave felt like the envy an infidel would feel when he sees someone elses multi-billion dollar retirement plan.

Disclaimer: Please don't do anything illegal… as long as the definition of illegal doesn't conflict with the laws of God. May Allah make us true in word and deed.

h-n
08-22-2013, 10:01 PM
It is not a feeling of hopelessness or of being unsure. Its about listening to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds and heeding his warnings. There are plenty of people who think that just by speaking to saying the right thing about "peace" is acceptable-well do it then, prove it. Again its not about hopelessness but about what I believe in, that God punishes the evil doers.

If we had peace, do you think that Allah would allow the sinful people to continue?? God never said that if you make peace with the Muslims that you will be let off. If the western countries had peace, but still continued with teaching people its OK to have children outside of marriage, accepting homosexuals-do you think that Allah will not destroy them???

We're not getting another Prophet now, until Prophet Jesus peace be upon him arrives back AFTER these countries have ended. As Islam is good enough to test people (unlike Christianity for their idol worship), the Jews (rejecting Hell, looking for the life of this world), they are not getting a Prophet now. Every single country has spoken about Islam, and even if it wasn't favourable they heard of the one God, the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell. Allah is testing them fairly, even taking the lives of so many over the many years-no one can say that they haven't received a fair test.

I have absolutely no problem in saying that actually what is happening has happened for the best, and that we are heading for the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, were people have a lot more to be worried about. I dislike people leading others astray, so what I have said that if they are so true to thinking what can happen then prove it and do it, instead of talking about it. It isn't for me about not caring, being apprehensive, but I cannot ignore that the Major signs of the Day of Judgement is upon us, and not about telling people that the goal is just to sit here and live comfortably -just as those who get led astray by talking about politics and look towards Allah less.

Its rather like if there is a World War Three, people will be so engrossed with what the politicians are doing and not thinking of Allah and the Last Day as much, as they are following the bombs etc. Its a distraction to what they real importance is in this world-heeding Allah's warnings. This is why its also so hard for people to think about repenting during the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, being engrossed the major things that are happening which is effecting everyone. I am not concerned about not having the same "goal" as others, as I place my trust in Allah and what the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has mentioned.

sajjad7006
08-23-2013, 05:18 AM
A.o.A JazakAllah!
Our Muslim brothers and sisters are facing miserable condition . They are suffering with violence of Muslims enemies. Why Muslims enemies are treating them like this. Why they so selfish. We all want Peace in all Muslim countries. All martyered Muslims will go directly to Jannah but these cruel people will see what will Allah do with them to kill innocent people.
Oh Allah!! Please give them Hadayah .Ameen

Periwinkle18
08-23-2013, 06:27 AM
The things happening in Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, northern Pakistan, Yemen etc they all remind me of 1 hadith.

“Allah’s Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said, ‘Imminently, there will come a time when the nations gather against you, just as people gather around a feast.’ A man said, ‘Will it be because we are few at that time, O Allah’s Messenger?’ He responded, ‘No, you will be numerous in those times, but you will be as useless as the scum of the sea, and Allah will remove the fear that your enemies used to posses from you from their chests, and He will place al-Wahn in your hearts’, it was said, ‘What is al-Wahn?’, he responded, ‘Love of life, and hatred of death.’”

faithandpeace
08-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Distance should not matter in terms of how we feel. Brothers and sisters being slaughtered anywhere is a tragedy whether it is the house across the street or the house on the other side of the planet. imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!