/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunni and Shia

WarriorforMarie
08-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Hello,

Reading some of the posts on this board I have found that there are some (perhaps they are very few) who do not believe the Shia are Muslims. This was a very strange point of view for me to read because I am accustomed to thinking of Sunni and Shia as simply different strands of Islam. I
am curious how such an opinion can exist? I understand that there were political differences between Sunni and Shia in the early days of Islam, but it seems that they have more in common than things that divide them.

Perhaps the gap may be bridge if we look at it another way. What are the procedural minimums that must be in place for one to be considered a Muslim? If some procedural minimums can be established, perhaps an understanding between the two branches can be reached. If both Sunni and Shia meet the procedural minimum, can it but be said that they are both Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
08-19-2013, 07:08 PM
shii'ism isn't Islam. there aren't different strands of Islam. we do not, however label shii'a as unbelievers carte blache. it is up to them to learn the truth and get on the straight path.

we cannot add or subtract from Islam, regardless of your opinion (or anyone else's).

Signor
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Greeting Warrior

This may helps you
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...ml#post1582333

format_quote Originally Posted by WarriorforMarie
What are the procedural minimums that must be in place for one to be considered a Muslim? If some procedural minimums can be established, perhaps an understanding between the two branches can be reached. If both Sunni and Shia meet the procedural minimum, can it but be said that they are both Muslims?
As the last words goes:

You can find some fatwas(religious verdicts) online where scholars divide the Shi'a according to what their beliefs are, because not all of them are the same. There are those about whom it is certain that they negate the principles of Islam, and those who do not negate any principles of Islam but are mistaken in some aspects
If you want to play any part in bridging the gap,You need to be Muslim first.

Iceee
08-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Salaam / Peace Be Upon You.

format_quote Originally Posted by WarriorforMarie
If some procedural minimums can be established, perhaps an understanding between the two branches can be reached. If both Sunni and Shia meet the procedural minimum, can it but be said that they are both Muslims?
How about you ask Christians what branch they follow; I know of so many: Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Prostestant, Anglican... (All I can think of). How about the two of us answer the question I just quoted, but from the Christianity side. What makes each type different? You will see that the answer you get from the Christianity branches will far exceed the difference between Sunni and Shia. (Just to show how corrupted the Bible and the leaders of each branch is). Go into any country, the Quran will be the same everywhere. Say the same thing with the Bible...?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!