/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New in Doha

HSS
08-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Goodday
My husband and I have recently moved to Doha along with our new baby son. I am not Muslim but feel that because I now live in an Islamic country I should make an effort to understand the religion better and to be respectful towards the traditions.

I do have one question, would it be frowned upon if I, as a non-Muslim person, wore an Abaya? I feel like sometimes it would be most appropriate for me to do this depending on where we are going. And I also think that sometimes it would be easier as I know that I am then covered respectfully and don't have to think about what I am wearing. Also, if I do wear an Abaya should I also cover my head or is it okay not to? I have seen some woman with just a robe on, but I am not sure if this is ok for me to do?

Thank you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum.

This section is only for introduction but any ways, my short opinion: if you feel that using abaya feels good idea and it feels also comfortable to use, then of course you can use it. As you are not muslim, there is no rules to you do you use hijab/scarf with it or not. If yes, it even protects your head from getting too much sun.

h-n
08-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, HSS,

It is never going to be frowned upon if you wore the abaya. We would just simply ask that you dress modestly, which includes not showing legs, and not wearing short tops. It is a good idea as Sister herb said to place something on your head as well.

Muslim Woman
08-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Hello

Welcome here . This section is only for intro . If u want to have a discussion , then pl. start thread in general section.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HSS
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you for your replies :) My apologies for posting my question here too, I did not realise, but will post it in the general forum too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!