/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mary

h-n
08-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Mary did not say to the people that she had given birth to God,

Neither did Gabriel come down to tell her that the one God, the Lord of the Universe, wishes to be born of her.

When Prophet Jesus peace be upon him spoke in his infancy, he did not tell the people that I am your God, as the one God wished to appear and look like a baby,

Mary and the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him did not sing songs the way that people do in churches, they bowed down in prayer, just as the angels do in heaven.

3.35 (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower!

3.36 And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.

3.37 And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will.
3.42 And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.

3.43 O Mary! Be obedient to thy Lord, prostrate thyself and bow with those who bow (in worship).

3.44 This is of the tidings of things hidden. We reveal it unto thee (Muhammad). Thou wast not present with them when they threw their pens (to know) which of them should be the guardian of Mary, nor wast thou present with them when they quarrelled (thereupon).

When Gabriel came to Mary;-

19.17 And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man.

As above, not many females would have said that, as if they saw a "perfect" man, they would have been willing to think about intimate thoughts, and be with him. Even today, they are willing to go after males who have not finished going through puberty-so no were near. Mary who instead said;-

19.18 She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art Allah-fearing.

Which as above, as the Quran is the word of God, we have direct quotes from her and others.

19.19 He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

19.20 She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste?

Neither would she go to the above, if she was married, as per the story of Prophet Ibrahim peace be upon him, it would be normal to assume to continue relations with your husband/wife and receive with Allah's blessing a child.

19.21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.

19.22 And she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place.

19.23 And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten!

19.24 Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee,

19.25 And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee.

19.26 So eat and drink and be consoled. And if thou meetest any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent, and may not speak this day to any mortal.

19.27 Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing.

19.28 O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot.

19.29 Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy?

19.30 He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet,

19.31 And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive,

19.32 And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest.

19.33 Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!

19.34 Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

19.35 It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

19.36 And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.

People think they can quarrel over here, when it is rather that they know less, in Islam we know what is beneficial to us, that she is a servant of Allah, the one God. She gave birth to Prophet Jesus peace be upon him, his creation similar to that of Prophet Adam peace be upon him were he had no parents.

It is not for us to know everything about everyone, as that is there relationship with Allah, but for Muslims, we respect her as an honoured servant, a position of secrecy that we don't hold the Prophets too, as of course they were messengers of Allah.

Peace be upon Mary, Mother of Prophet Jesus peace be upon him. It does hurt our ears so, when people say that you have given birth to God, when as Allah mentioned;-

75. Christ the son of Mary was no more than an apostle; many were the apostles that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!