/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question: Du'a during sujud and Old non non-mahram woman

new2010
08-24-2013, 12:15 AM
:sl:

in regard to the to two things in my title I got a question that confused me a bit because I heard to different opinions on that.

1. Is it permissible to read Du'a (from Quran or individual) during sujud in obligatory (fard) prayers?

2. Long time ago I read it is permissble to speak or shake hands with woman who are so old that there is no danger. But that is exatly the oposite - second statement sound more logical, but did not read any proof on both statements.

3. Heard in a video it is bid'ah to say sadak allah ul azeem after you recite quran. is that true?

insh Allah you can answer this questions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
new2010
10-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Salamalaikum,

got 2 more question:

2.1 Is it a duty for one you wants to convert to Islam that he says the shahada in front of 2 witnesses? Or is it enough when one brother leads him?
2.2 When reading and learning in non-Arabic Islamic books it is permissible to write into this books to make some notes or to mark important parts? Is is permissible to make notes in Quran? In this case I am absolutely not sure, I can see a small danger even when you write with Latin characters?!

Insha`Allah someone know an answer and can tell me.

new2010
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Assalamalaikum,

has anyone a answer for the questions? Especially for the questions in my second post?

Signor
10-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Waalikum Asslaam

format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Is it a duty for one you wants to convert to Islam that he says the shahada in front of 2 witnesses? Or is it enough when one brother leads him?
Does Making Shahadah Need Witnesses?
Making Shahadah in public, we’d like to draw your attention to the fact that Islam trains Muslims that pubic and secret deeds are known to Allah. Therefore, making Shahadah in presence of witnesses is not an essential condition, though it’s preferable to put the official arrangements in order. Islam, as a matter of fact, lays more emphasis on conviction on the part of the person who embraces Islam. This is what really matters, as there should be no compulsion in religion.

Strictly speaking, it is not at all considered an essential requirement for witnesses to be present when a person is embracing Islam; thus if a person declares Shahadah (testimony of faith) between himself and Allah, he is considered a Muslim in the sight of Allah. But in order for him to be recognized as a member of the Muslim community, he must declare the same in presence of two witnesses or before an Imam of a mosque who has been duly authorized to issue a certificate indicating the same.

It is, therefore, highly recommended for anyone embracing Islam to do so in the presence of persons authorized to issue certificates as he/she may be called upon to produce them while planning to go for Hajj or in case of any question concerning his Islamic identity. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, taught us that while doing things we should try to do them as professionally and efficiently as possible.

Are witnesses needed for a non Muslim to take shahada?
Question:

If a non Muslim wants to accept Islam is it obligatory for two Muslims to witness it or is it enough if only one Muslim is a witness?
Answer:
This is not a condition, they pronounce the two testimonies of faith (I bear witness that nothing has the right to be worshipped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) and they enter into Islam and there is no need for witnesses. But from the angle of confirmation only, witnesses are only for confirmation but witnesses are not a condition for the testimonies of faith to be valid.

Fatwa by Sheikh Fawzaan

When reading and learning in non-Arabic Islamic books it is permissible to write into this books to make some notes or to mark important parts? Is is permissible to make notes in Quran? In this case I am absolutely not sure, I can see a small danger even when you write with Latin characters?!
Is it considered bad adab to write notes (in pen/ pencil) in fiqh books/ Quran/ hadith books etc? What about highlighting?

There is nothing wrong with writing notes in books, or to highlight them. If it helps one study, it would be praiseworthy.
However, one should not write within the Quran nor highlight it. If one writes in the margin, one should only do so with the utmost caution, lest ones notes be misunderstood as being commentary by another reader.

Source

Q: Some Quran teachers leave notes and marks with pencils on their mushafs or their students' mushafs to notify them about their mistakes. For example they underline Ghunnah (غنة) places and the like of reciting rules, they do that after the recitation is complete. So is it permitted to write similar things on mushafs?

A: I see it's OK to put these notes and marks for the reasons mentioned in the question, it's OK to put them on the margin, on the footnote, or even between the lines, in case these notes were symbols and marks similar to stop and tajweed marks that are normally in mushafs. If these notes were small, written with pencils so they can be erased when no longer of use, then it's OK to put them. It's only not allowed to put on mushaf what doesn't belong to Quran if there was danger that the reader will think these things are part of Quran, or are describing it (and they originally don't). If there no such danger, then we see no problem putting these notes and marks when needed. And Allah knows best.

Abullah bin Abdulrahman Ibn Jebreen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
new2010
10-27-2013, 05:38 PM
AssalamAlaikum,

baraak allahu feek, akhi. That helps me a lot. If someone knows answers for questions in post 1 feel free to answer :-)

Muhammad
10-27-2013, 06:47 PM
:wasalamex brother,

1. Is it permissible to read Du'a (from Quran or individual) during sujud in obligatory (fard) prayers?
Have a look at this link, and Allaah :swt: knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/46997

ardianto
10-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Long time ago I read it is permissble to speak or shake hands with woman who are so old that there is no danger. But that is exatly the oposite - second statement sound more logical, but did not read any proof on both statements.
Sometime I helped old ladies to cross the street, and I always held their hands. Sometime too I helped young ladies cross the street, and I never held their hands.

Different treatment, same reason, ..... to give secure feeling to them.

Old ladies would feel secure if I hold their hands when cross the street because they would feel protected. But the young ladies would feel insecure if I hold their hands because they afraid I just take an opportunity to touch them. Do you know bro? mostly of young women see the men as danger.

To be honest, I often shake hand with, or hold, old women hands. It's because they need attention from other people, and I try to give an attention. But shake hand or hold the young women hands?. Read again the paragraph above.

Prohibition to touch opposite gender is not absolute prohibition like eating pork. If we must touch, we can touch. But do not ever make "must not" become "must". I myself ever hugged a young woman who got motorcycle accident to help her stand up.

Women is not danger, as long as we understand them. :)

new2010
10-30-2013, 07:29 PM
As salam alaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu,

@Signor : barak Allahu feekh, akhy.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:wasalamex brother,
Have a look at this link, and Allaah :swt: knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/46997
Barak Allahu feekh akhy, but the question whether it is permissible while in fard prayer is not answered in this fatawa. I could be wrong, but could not see anything there. :-) :-)

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sometime I helped old ladies to cross the street, and I always held their hands. Sometime too I helped young ladies cross the street, and I never held their hands.

Different treatment, same reason, ..... to give secure feeling to them.

Old ladies would feel secure if I hold their hands when cross the street because they would feel protected. But the young ladies would feel insecure if I hold their hands because they afraid I just take an opportunity to touch them. Do you know bro? mostly of young women see the men as danger.

To be honest, I often shake hand with, or hold, old women hands. It's because they need attention from other people, and I try to give an attention. But shake hand or hold the young women hands?. Read again the paragraph above.

Prohibition to touch opposite gender is not absolute prohibition like eating pork. If we must touch, we can touch. But do not ever make "must not" become "must". I myself ever hugged a young woman who got motorcycle accident to help her stand up.

Women is not danger, as long as we understand them. :)
ya akhi, I know it is a no go to touch younger woman and of course you have to help them when they are in danger! I asked because of older ones. Would be great to hear what the scholars say about that because I read to different opinions. It is actually not really important in "worse case" I will avoid that but it would be the best to act in manner of Quran and Sunnah. Allahu Alim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!