/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Studying Islam and Arabic in the Arab World - ADVICE NEEDED

ibnSyed
08-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Assalmualikum

I am a civil engineer by profession and have been working in the Gulf for about 7 years now. I have been saving for the past couple of years with the aim of finishing my contract period at my job by October and then travelling to Egypt to study full time for 2 to 3 years.

This is what i wanted to do:
1- The Holy Qur’an memorization, Tafseer (explanation), Tajweed.
2- Hadith-memorization and introduction to Hadith Sciences.
3- Conversation, development of linguistic skills, phonetics, syntax, morphology, rhetoric.
4- Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh).
5- Aqueedah (Islamic Belief).

Now, that my contract is coming to an end and with the political situation in both Egypt and Syria, i am unable to travel there. I have been warned off against Yemen and Sudan, i cannot get into a Saudi University because they don't seem to accept student over 23 (at least from my online research) and i am 30 now. Most of the other Gulf countries only cater for colloquial Arabic offering a handful of hours a week and are also relatively expensive to live if one is not working.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight or advice to offer?

jzkAk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aqeel al trini
08-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Walaykum assalaamu

I have looked at Qatar they have a good classical arabic program for non arabic speakers. As well as Jordan. Do some more research brother. Even though you are thirty there is still options especially if you are willing to put your money where your mouth his.

However my advice is purify your intention for studying the religion with Allah azza wa jalla and make truck loads of dua for it being easy to get teachers who will benefit you, making your stdies easier, purifying your character, ease and tawfeeq in implementing what you learn....as i said truck loads of dua.

May Allah azza wa jalla make it easy for you.

Mustafa2012
11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
:salam:

Ideally it's always best to study in an Islamic country however when that is not possible you have to consider alternatives.

I think the reason they don't accept people under 23 is due to funding criteria but another way of getting into an Islamic University is by self-funding for e.g. you can speak to your local Ulamaa and ask for a recommendation to an Islamic Uni in Middle East. If you pay your own way in terms of accommodation living expenses etc. I think you can still get in.

What about Mauritania? There's nothing political going on there right now.

Have you looked at Islamic Colleges and universities in your home area? Sometimes you might be able to find some good quality places to study right in your home town or country.

I heard of people who have progressed really well in Arabic whilst living in The West. It all depends on your intentions and the effort you put in.
May Allaah :arabic2:make the path easy for all of us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!