/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Warding Away The Shaytaan/ Bad Thoughts (i.e. trying to be better)

Trying2bbetter
08-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Okay.. So basically, we all sin. Major/minor - it happens , cause we're human. The shaytaan throws things in front of us. Sometimes we're able to successfully move these obstacles out of our way without getting hurt. At other times we get caught in the traps. And sometimes we fall in to the traps but are to blind to see what has really happened.:unsure:

I've heard Muslims saying that when Quraanic recitation is going on, the shaytaan runs from it. I.e. we are protected from all evil when the quraan is being read out loud. (Please note I'm not sure if this is true, this is just what I have heard).

Now I don't understand Arabic. I can read it (because I'm a Muslim) but I can't figure out what is being said, just like most other Muslims. Please don't get me wrong, I know it is a sunnat to read the Quraan in Arabic, it's also a sunnat to take a shower, eat food and sleep...

I find that reading the Quraan in English really helps me cope with life, and understand life so much better (because I understand English). I don't have the words for how amazing it truly is (when I try to understand what Allah is saying). I feel that no harm, no bad can get to me. That no matter what bad comes in front of me i will be able to recognise it / overcome it / reflect on it. I have a strong sense of faith not only in Allah, but in Allah's view of my ability to be good and my ability of myself (to keep from giving in to the shaytaan) at the time I am reading the Quraan.Because at that moment I'm truly, in essence, listening to Allah.It's the most beautiful feeling ever, and each time i start it's like i wish i could go on forever - it's addictive in the sweetest way. It's like the shaytaan can't touch me, like i'm shielded, guarded by the angels... But life goes on and there are other things/responsibilities in life that one has to do.

How can we create a life where we can keep bad thoughts/actions out of our lives? Is it too ambitious to think that it is possible? Or is there a way? Often we backbite or watch something not so decent or lie about things that really shouldn't be hidden (etc etc). And some of the times we do so, not even realising the wrong we are doing/have done - that's the worst part >>

"Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment." [2:7]

It would be great to get ideas on how to help ward away bad thoughts/intentions/actions (through Islam or otherwise). I think we could all do with ways to help us become better people. :statisfie

*Peace*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
08-26-2013, 06:12 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

May this provides you with some help in distress.

I understand that it can be hard when we are suddenly faced with so many problems at one time and that can be overwhelming understandably. But Sister, if you look at the best of people - the Prophets (Peace Be Upon Them), the Companions of Prophet Mohammad and the imams thereafter, you will see that, in fact, the best people certainly did not have quiet, peaceful, easy lives and indeed it was this that gave them the strength and qualities that we so admire today. So it is not the case that the best people have no problems. Indeed Allah swt tells us in numerous places in Quran that people are tested, be they ones who do good (or not!) as follows:

• “We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient).” (Surat al Baqarah, 155).
  • “Or do you think that you will enter Paradise before Allah tests those of you who fought (in His Cause) and (also) tests those who are As-Sabirun (the patient)?” (Surat A’le Imran, 142)
  • “You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in your personal selves, and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you (Jews and Christians) and from those who ascribe partners to Allah….” (Surat A’le Imran, 186)
  • “And fear the Fitnah (affliction and trial) which affects not in particular (only) those of you who do wrong (but it may afflict all the good and the bad people), and know that Allah is Severe in punishment.” (Surat al Anfal, 25)
  • “Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars….” (Surat al `Ankabut, 2-4). Interpretation: Tests are given to identify those who are sincere in faith.
  • “Who has created death and life that He may test which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.” (Surat al Mulk, 2)

So we see from these ayaat (verses of Quran) that to be tested is not something that should necessarily be seen as a punishment.

I think some of what you are experiencing is also the realization that we all face in early adulthood - that life is never how we plan. But remember, sometimes what we Want is not what we Need. As we are reminded in Quran, Jihad (Fighting) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.” (Surat al Baqarah, 216). It may be the case that what we need is what shapes us and what we want is simply an ease from which we take no lessons.

All this is not to say that being positive means we deny our feelings. To express emotion appropriately is the Sunnah. But it also means that we keep trying (technically therefore, the term sabr (patience) is more relevant here than simply being optimistic – it is difficult to be positive when you are being physically bullied or are suffering but you can persevere and keep going and not give up – that is part of sabr)
Remember also the ayah, “…... Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allah will grant after hardship, ease.” (Surat at-Talaq, 7); this can be understood to mean that if you have been sent something then YOU CAN bear it otherwise Allah would certainly have not sent it to you – you just think you cant. This is shaytaan’s deception to make you lose hope in Allah.

Allah tells us time and time again, as above we see that the Mu’minin (believers) are tested but as they go through these tests not only is their suffering rewarded and they are given practical healing but they develop their iman (faith) because they learn about their God and so become closer to Him - as you will find inshaAllah.
And remember also that “Verily, along with every hardship is relief, verily, along with every hardship is relief” (Surat ash-Sharh, 5 - 6). But this comes as Allah wills not when we do as He is al Alim and Knower of the Unseen.
This happens when we have tawakkul `ala-Allah (putting one’s trust in Allah) - and it means that we keep trying and leave the timing of our efforts in His hands. Allah swt also says when He wants good for someone He will test them but at the same time any distress they suffer will be rewarded so not only do you gain from the trial in improving your iman but, as it says in Quran, your effort is again appreciated and rewarded in dunya and akhirah (in this world and in the hereafter).

So when you seek to remain positive, think of all these ayaat and remember also that the Greatest of Muslims suffered; and read about how they managed to resolve their problems and model your reactions on them as much as you can.
Specifically when you have negative thoughts about your life, try the following to tackle negative thinking. The psychologist Paul Gilbert suggests that there are two approaches to tackling our negative thinking, either rationally or compassionately. See which approach is most helpful to you and apply it:

As for the Rational approach, he says when we think negatively we should:

• Look for the actual concrete evidence for our negative beliefs to find the proof of their reality or not (write them down if it helps – Often our fears of what people think of us are in our heads and rarely voiced and even when they are voiced, they are not done so as frequently as we think. We somehow only need one bad experience to generalize it to the whole of our lives and repeat it in our heads until we believe that everyone is saying and thinking the same – all without the evidence).
  • Look for alternative explanations because it is important to look at things from more than one perspective (here the above verses provide excellent alternative explanations for our life events)
  • Focus on the physical reality not the emotional evidence because so often how we feel is not how we are and the rational –self does not favor the emotional self rather it keeps things real.
  • Look at the advantages and disadvantages of a particular course of action or thinking. Again write it down and you will see the evidence clearly in sha’ Allah.
  • Look at the long term effects of your thinking – when we are rational we consider the consequences of our actions and thinking in the long term – since this prolongs our suffering we need to be aware of this and avoid it where possible in sha’ Allah.

This rational type of thinking is very beneficial when we need to challenge negativity in a practical and concrete way.

Alternatively, when we think compassionately we should:

• Consider how we would console a friend. What would you say to them? The reason for this is because, we are always kinder to others than to ourselves
  • Do not be so hard on yourself; be more forgiving and caring rather than punitive and harsh.
  • This type of thinking allows us to heal and resolve problems rather than attack and create misery. We are told in Quran, The most just person is the one who is just to themselves so you can see what the consequence of this self –justice is Alhamdulillah.
  • This way of thinking is also realistic (different to being positive) because it reminds us such is life and there are some things we can not control and bad things do happen in life which we can not necessarily avoid. This approach means that we are able to live with this reality rather than become depressed about it in sha’ Allah.
  • This type of thinking also sees things in a human way – not as an object with a certain market-value. There is no trade just acceptance and this means that we do not spend our lives living to be accepted by others and work towards their happiness rather than our own. Allah (swt) is the only one whom you need to be pleasing. One can never please everyone all the time and one can not live for others only Allah (swt).

Try both of the above methods to tackle your negativity. Write down the thoughts and challenges that best work for you and look at them and say them to yourself when you are feeling negative about your situation. The more you repeat this procedure the stronger your faith in these beliefs will be and they will replace the other more unhelpful, negative thoughts. It is a case of breaking the old habit and starting anew, more positive one and that takes practice.

Practically try the following:
- Try dhikr (verbal remembrance of Allah) when you find your thoughts are pre-occupied with negative thoughts or simply recite the above ayaat and contemplate their meaning. This will distract you from the negativity as well as give you peace as we know and are told that the hearts find rest in remembering Allah swt.
Similarly, try nawafil prayer (supererogatory Prayer) when you feel very stressed - out. I have said before on this website that research tells us that two rak`as of nawafil prayer covers all the eleven basic positions of yoga so it is not simply a case of the prayer itself and its spiritual benefits but its physical benefits also.
- Prioritize the problems you are managing.
- Try and keep a balance between how much you think and talk about these problems. It can often be the case that when we have any difficulties, they can tend to become our sole topic of conversation and this way they can feel insurmountable. Give them their correct place and nothing more and you will see that you are able to carry on living and even enjoy other aspects of your life while you continue to manage and in sha’ Allah successfully overcome them.

Also remember that when people treat others badly and seemingly are not accounted for this – it is not the case at all – this also is a test for them. On the Last Day all behavior will be revealed and judged so there is no injustice and those people will face those they oppressed. On that day there will be no fear to speak, so bear this in mind and leave them to their own tests and accounting insha’Allah.

Trying2bbetter
08-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much for all the information & for such a beautiful reply, brother Signor. It's all the moderators/posters/members like you who really help other people help themselves - you make able the disabled. May Allah bless all of you. :thumbs_up

And remember also that “Verily, along with every hardship is relief, verily, along with every hardship is relief” (Surat ash-Sharh, 5 - 6). But this comes as Allah wills not when we do as He is al Alim and Knower of the Unseen.

Surah Ash-Sharĥ is my favourite - I always read it when I'm upset. It's so powerful Subhan'Allah. It's called Surah Inshirah in the Quraan I have.

But Sister, if you look at the best of people - the Prophets (Peace Be Upon Them), the Companions of Prophet Mohammad and the imams thereafter, you will see that, in fact, the best people certainly did not have quiet, peaceful, easy lives and indeed it was this that gave them the strength and qualities that we so admire today. So it is not the case that the best people have no problems. Indeed Allah swt tells us in numerous places in Quran that people are tested, be they ones who do good (or not!)
I never thought of it that way, it's very relieving to see things in light of what you have said.

Also remember that when people treat others badly and seemingly are not accounted for this – it is not the case at all – this also is a test for them. On the Last Day all behavior will be revealed and judged so there is no injustice and those people will face those they oppressed. On that day there will be no fear to speak, so bear this in mind and leave them to their own tests and accounting insha’Allah.

Sometimes, we hurt other people, unintentionally (for example, the ones we love). Sometimes we are so blind, we don't even realize it - like when someone's angry they say things they regret later on. They may be forgiven, but the hurt doesn't go away, neither does the mistake. Apart from repenting in such situations, is there anything we can do to avoid making the same mistakes in the future. You said Zikr is a good way - (this may sound like a silly question, but) is it advisable to try and do Zikr all day long, or is moderation suggested? I've seen quite a few people who carry around a stopwatch kind of thing in their hands (literally all the time) and they use it for Zikr to count & they're constantly using it > even when they work.

What I meant when I posted, was that I often find myself getting close to Allah when I have a problem. I really want to have the same motivation to pray/follow Islam ALL THE TIME. Because it feels awful just to "use" Allah like that >> remember him in my troubles, forget about Him when He blesses me. That's terrible, but I'm ashamed to say, I do often see this pattern in myself. I don't completely forget Him, I do pray. But my deen/prayer/zikr seems to be MUCH stronger and frequent (as well as out of my way) when I'm facing problems in life. :embarrass

Signor
09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by Trying2bbetter
is there anything we can do to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Nobody is perfect, everybody is human and "trying your best" is not the same as "doing everything you're theoretically capable of doing". Hitting the ground face-first is part of life, it's getting back up again that matters.The Prophet (pbuh) had a fully developed sense of ibadah. He did not waste his time complaining, or wondering why he had to go through all his trials and tribulations. He just got on with his life, determined not to hate people in return, or be nasty or spiteful in return. His whole life was a wonderful example of love and compassion and gentleness. Nothing that was done against him affected his noble character. Even when he had to act against aggressive evil, he fully understood Allah’s command that Muslims should only defend until the hostilities ceased, then they should lay down their own arms and forgive, and not take revenge or remain bitter. So hard to do – but he did it.For sure in His(pbuh) life we can find guidance to the right path.

is it advisable to try and do Zikr all day long, or is moderation suggested?
Going to extremes in worship may cause a person to get bored, which in turn could lead him to stop worshipping altogether; the best of things are those that are moderate.

What I meant when I posted, was that I often find myself getting close to Allah when I have a problem. I really want to have the same motivation to pray/follow Islam ALL THE TIME. Because it feels awful just to "use" Allah like that >> remember him in my troubles, forget about Him when He blesses me. That's terrible, but I'm ashamed to say, I do often see this pattern in myself. I don't completely forget Him, I do pray. But my deen/prayer/zikr seems to be MUCH stronger and frequent (as well as out of my way) when I'm facing problems in life.
Its all waters down to our perception of life,if this life is what its all about,this happens(this goes for everyone).Due to this reason it has also been mentioned in Qur'an

Allah, the Exalted, informs about mankind and the blameworthy characteristics that he possesses, except for those believing servants upon whom Allah has bestowed His mercy. Allah explains that when any hardship befalls man, after he has experienced blessings, he is disheartened and he despairs of any good in the future. He denies and rejects (the bounties of) his previous condition. Thus, he behaves as if he has never seen any good and he loses all hope for relief (from his situation). Likewise, if any blessing befalls him after displeasure,

﴿لَيَقُولَنَّ ذَهَبَ السَّيِّئَاتُ عَنِّي﴾
(he is sure to say, "Ills have departed from me.'') This means that he will claim that no harm or calamity will afflict him after this (blessing).

﴿إِنَّهُ لَفَرِحٌ فَخُورٌ﴾
(Surely, he is exultant and boastful (ungrateful to Allah).) This means that he is pleased with what he has in his hand and ungrateful (to Allah). At the same time he is boastful towards others. Allah, the Exalted, then says,
﴿إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ صَبَرُواْ﴾
(Except those who show patience) meaning, those who show patience during times of hardship and adversity. In reference to Allah's statement,
﴿وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَاتِ﴾
(and do righteous good deeds) This means that they perform the good deeds in times of ease and good health. Concerning the statement,
﴿أُوْلَـئِكَ لَهُمْ مَّغْفِرَةٌ﴾
(those, theirs will be forgiveness) meaning, that they will be forgiven due to the calamities that afflicted them. Concerning Allah's statement,
﴿وَأَجْرٌ كَبِيرٌ﴾
(and a great reward.) This great reward is due to them because of what they sent forth (of good deeds) in their times of ease. This is similar to what is mentioned in the Hadith,
«وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَا يُصِيبُ الْمُؤْمِنَ هَمٌّ وَلَا غَمٌّ وَلَا نَصَبٌ وَلَا وَصَبٌ وَلَا حَزَنٌ، حَتَّى الشَّوْكَةُ يُشَاكُهَا إِلَّا كَفَّرَ اللهُ عَنْهُ بِهَا مِنْ خَطَايَاه»
(By He in Whose Hand is my soul! No worry, calamity, distress, illness, or grief strikes a believer, even the prick of a thorn, except that Allah will expiate his sins for him because of it.) In the Sahih it is recorded that the Prophet said,
«وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَا يَقْضِي اللهُ لِلْمُؤْمِنِ قَضَاءً إِلَّا كَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ، إِنْ أَصَابَتْهُ سَرَّاءُ فَشَكَرَ كَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ، وَإِنْ أَصَابَتْهُ ضَرَّاءُ فَصَبَرَ كَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ، وَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ لِأَحَدٍ غَيْرِ الْمُؤْمِن»
(By He in Whose Hand is my soul! Allah does not decree any matter for the believer except that it is good for him. If any blessing befalls him, he is thankful (to Allah) and that is good for him. If any harm comes to him, he is patient and that is also good for him. This is (a bounty) exclusively for the believer.) For this reason, Allah, the Exalted, says,
﴿وَالْعَصْرِ - إِنَّ الإِنسَـنَ لَفِى خُسْرٍ - إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَـتِ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالصَّبْرِ ﴾
(By Al-`Asr (the time). Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds. And recommend one another to the truth and recommend one another to patience.) ﴿103:1-3﴾ Allah also says,
﴿إِنَّ الإِنسَـنَ خُلِقَ هَلُوعاً ﴾
(Verily, man was created very impatient.) ﴿70:19﴾
﴿فَلَعَلَّكَ تَارِكٌ بَعْضَ مَا يُوحَى إِلَيْكَ وَضَآئِقٌ بِهِ صَدْرُكَ أَن يَقُولُواْ لَوْلاَ أُنُزِلَ عَلَيْهِ كَنزٌ أَوْ جَآءَ مَعَهُ مَلَكٌ إِنَّمَآ أَنتَ نَذِيرٌ وَاللَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ وَكِيلٌ - أَمْ يَقُولُونَ افْتَرَاهُ قُلْ فَأْتُواْ بِعَشْرِ سُوَرٍ مِّثْلِهِ مُفْتَرَيَاتٍ وَادْعُواْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتُمْ مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَـدِقِينَ - فَإِلَّمْ يَسْتَجِيبُواْ لَكُمْ فَاعْلَمُواْ أَنَّمَآ أُنزِلِ بِعِلْمِ اللَّهِ وَأَن لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ فَهَلْ أَنتُمْ مُّسْلِمُونَ ﴾
(12. So perchance you may give up a part of what is revealed unto you, and that your breast feels straitened for it because they say, "Why has not a treasure been sent down unto him, or an angel come with him'' But you are only a warner. And Allah is a Guardian over all things.) (13. Or they say, "He forged it.'' Say: "Bring you then ten forged Surahs like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah, if you speak the truth!'') (14. If then they answer you not, know then that it is sent down with the knowledge of Allah and that there is no god besides Him! Will you then be Muslims)

Following Reminders may help in this regard Insha Allah:

Based on the wisdom in the Quran, the following are some of the mistakes that we should be wary of making when blessed with many bounties.

Mistake # 1: Presuming that success is predictable
There are times when one snaps on to the wheels of success and attains a perfect momentum. Success becomes predictable and always in sight. We see this in the businessmen who become confident of their deals, writers who are sure of creating their next best sellers, rulers who start thinking that they are invincible, and so on. In Surah Al-Kahf, Allah provides us an example of a conversation between two people, one of whom Allah had blessed with a lot of wealth. He was quite proud about his possessions and considered it his paradise. The man used to say to himself (as mentioned in the Quran):
Then he entered his “Paradise”, while he was unjust to himself, and said, “I don’t think that this wealth of mine will ever perish.”

Quran (Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 35)
It is during such moments of absolute confidence that we should remind ourselves of Allah’s power to bring things to a halt in the blink of an eye. We can observe this in the many examples where rulers lost their kingdoms, businessmen who became paupers, and so on. Allah tells us in the Quran:
And Our Commandment is but one, as the twinkling of an eye.
Quran (Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 50)
So, let us be wary of becoming too confident with our comfort zones because regardless of what (and how much) we have been blessed to date, the next moment’s success is dependent on Allah’s will alone.

Mistake # 2: Solely attributing one’s efforts and intellect to ones success
Many of us achieve success by working hard. It is especially during those moments of enjoying success when Satan can delude us to attribute our successes solely to our tireless efforts and to our powerful intellect. Doing so would be to deny Allah’s favors upon us. We see this happening to Qarun, whose example Allah has mentioned in Surah Al-Qasas. Allah tells us in His book that He had provided Qarun with a great amount of wealth but instead of thanking Allah, Qarun attributed all those riches to his intellect. The Quranic verse below highlights his arrogance:
He (Qarun) said: “This has been given to me only because of the knowledge I possess.” Did he not know that Allah had destroyed before him generations, men who were stronger than him in might and greater in the amount (of riches) they had collected. But the Mujrimoon (criminals, sinners, etc.) will not be questioned of their sins (because Allah knows them well, so they will be punished without account).
Quran (Surah Al-Qasas, Verse 78)
We tend to forget that whether it was our efforts, intellect, or simply a miracle that gave us our success – they are all blessings that Allah bestows on His servants. How many people do we we know of who are not blessed with the ability to work hard or to use their intellect or are bestowed with any miracles? And even if some are bestowed with such blessings, they are not always guarantors of success. Let us, therefore, not forget that Allah alone blesses us with not just the successful outcomes but also with the means (ability to work hard, intellect, etc.) to achieve those outcomes and if He wills He can bestow success irrespective of any of the above.
In continuation of the earlier example from Surah Al-Kahf, the proud man’s wise companion reminded him of his reality in the world in the following verse.
His companion rebuked him during the conversation, saying, “Do you disbelieve in the Being Who has created you from clay (i.e. your father Adam), then from out of Nutfah (mixed semen drops of male and female discharge) and then shaped you as a man?
Quran (Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 37)
The lesson is that when things seem to be going well, we should never let pride or arrogance infect our souls. We should never forget about who we really are, the temporary nature of all blessings and provisions in life, and the reality of the Lord to Whom we all will return.

Mistake # 3: Forgetting the poor and needy
In Islam, the poor have a right to a portion of ones wealth. Giving from that wealth to the poor, therefore, should not be considered as a favor to the poor. Rather, giving to the poor is an obligation, exercising which shows our submission to Allah that in turn further makes us eligible for more of His blessings. For example, Zakat is one of the pillars of Islam and ongoing charity can lead us toward more of Allah’s blessings. In such situations, we should be wary of getting in Satan’s traps as he can easily push us in rationalizing that since we earned that wealth, the poor has no rights over it.

In Quran, Allah reminds us of the people who are the righteous in Surah Adh-Dhariyat and one of their attributes is the following:
And in their properties there was the right of the beggar, and the Mahroom (the poor who does not ask the others)
Quran (Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 19)
While giving from our wealth in charity is a recipe for success, withholding charity can lead us to destruction. Whether Allah destroys the wealth that one has or deprives one from other blessings is up to Him. Consider the following hadith of the prophet (s):
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which the people get up but two angels come down and one of them says, ‘O Allah, give in compensation to the one who spends (in charity),’ and the other says, ‘O Allah, destroy the one who withholds.’”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1374; Muslim, 1010.
The point to remember is that charity is quite essential and the future of our blessings and provisions can be tied to our giving or withholding. The One who has the power to grant, not only can grant more but also has the power to take it away.

Mistake # 4: Wealth and happiness does not necessarily imply Allah’s happiness and satisfaction

In the same Surah, the person who was happy to be in his paradise told his companion that he didn’t believe in the day of resurrection but even if it did come, he was sure to enter paradise in the hereafter as well. In one of the tafsirs it is mentioned that since he enjoyed all the blessings in this life, he reasoned that Allah must have been happy with him. The Quranic verse for this is the following:
“And I think not the Hour will ever come, and if indeed I am brought back to my Lord, (on the Day of Resurrection), I surely shall find better than this when I return to Him.”
Quran (Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 36)
The examples that we see around us in this regard are numerous. Just because the tyrants and wrongdoers are enjoying their time on earth does not imply that Allah is happy with them. Allah has given them their time after which they will be sure to meet their abode.

Conclusion
To conclude, we can highlight two lessons from this article. First, when Allah grants us the blessings that we enjoy in our lives, we need to adopt a thankful attitude. We learn that from the same surah where the proud man’s companion advises him to instead appreciate Allah’s blessings on him. The Quran says:

It was better for you to say, when you entered your garden (your paradise): That which Allah wills (will come to pass)! There is no power but with Allah…”
Quran (Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 39)
Also, for those of us who have been blessed with provisions and blessings, we should use those blessings to work righteously and build our place in the hereafter. This does not mean that we should not use that wealth for halal and legal enjoyment in this world. This is what Allah told us in the Quran when narrating the story of Qarun. He says:

But seek, with that (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on you, the home of the Hereafter
, and forget not your portion of legal enjoyment in this world, and do good as Allah has been good to you, and seek not mischief in the land. Verily, Allah likes not the Mufsidoon (those who commit great crimes and sins, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers, corrupts).
Quran (Surah Al-Qasas, Verse 77)

And Allah is the source of strength.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!