/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian Muslim marriages

loveofgod
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
I have been reading books on Islam and have found that Muslim men can marry Christian women. Due to the conflict that exists between these two religions I was wondering if any men Muslim members have experienced difficulties in their marriage to Christian women. Also are any Muslim women here who have married Christian men? Have they had problems adjusting?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
08-26-2013, 02:46 PM
there are inherent problems with marrying a Christian, the most obvious is shirk (polytheism). Christianity is loaded with polytheism. Muslim women are NOT permitted to marry Christians.

by the way, you call yourself loveofgod, how does being a polytheist show a love for God?

crimsontide06
08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
^^^^ I would not agree with that statement. Christians believe what they "believe" in, is monotheism...they believe Jesus is God...Yes it is polytheism but you cannot slander someone because of what they were born into and raised to believe.

YusufNoor
08-26-2013, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
^^^^ I would not agree with that statement. Christians believe what they "believe" in, is monotheism...they believe Jesus is God...Yes it is polytheism but you cannot slander someone because of what they were born into and raised to believe.
so, in your book, calling a polytheist a polytheist is slander? really?

i believe that Tawheed is the most important aspect of Islam. i believe we have an obligation to correct people, even when they "think" they are correct. some Sufis, those that worship at grave-sites are also committing shirk. should we not advise them merely because the were "born into it and raised to believe it?"

do you think there are any polytheists that think it is wrong to be a polytheist?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
loveofgod
08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Muslim women are NOT permitted to marry Christians.

by the way, you call yourself loveofgod, how does being a polytheist show a love for God?
I didn't know that Muslim women cannot marry Christians. Why is that? I live in India and have heard of cases of Muslim women marrying Hindu men. If you don't believe me watch the Hindi movie "Bombay".

As for your question, it is off topic.

YusufNoor
08-26-2013, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by loveofgod
I didn't know that Muslim women cannot marry Christians. Why is that? I live in India and have heard of cases of Muslim women marrying Hindu men. If you don't believe me watch the Hindi movie "Bombay".

As for your question, it is off topic.
the husband is seen as the head of the household, as such a Muslim husband wouldn't be violating his wife's believe by holding the household to Islamic standards. yes, the wife might be denied things that are permissible, but they aren't required.

2 examples:

1) alcohol. a Christian woman is not required to have alcohol in the home. If a Muslim husband says no alcohol in the house, her religious beliefs aren't denied. If a Christian husband wants alcohol served for the household, because it is permissible but not required, the wife would be forced to act counter to her faith.

2) pork. use the above sentence and change alcohol to pork.

3) polytheistic images (it was an afterthought) same as about just insert polytheistic images for alcohol.

number 3 can be a big issue for mixed couples, many Christians adore pictures of Jesus, Mary, the cross, etc. Christmas, which is rife with pagan symbolism, is another big challenge.

so it boils down to polytheism, thus it is relevant. when you follow laws other than Allah's, you have set something up in His place. that is shirk, polytheism.

just because you see Muslims doing something, it does not mean it is permissible.

as far as people being born onto something, the Qur'an, 43. Surah Az-Zukhruf, says:

18. (Do they then like for Allah) a creature who is brought up in adornments (wearing silk and gold ornaments, i.e. women), and in dispute cannot make herself clear?

19. And they make the angels who themselves are slaves to the Most Beneficent (Allah) females. Did they witness their creation? Their evidence will be recorded, and they will be questioned!

20. And they said: "If it had been the Will of the Most Beneficent (Allah), we should not have worshipped them (false deities)." They have no knowledge whatsoever of that. They do nothing but lie!

21. Or have We given them any Book before this (the Qur'an), to which they are holding fast?

22. Nay! They say: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we guide ourselves by their footsteps."

23. And similarly, We sent not a warner before you (O Muhammad ) to any town (people) but the luxurious ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we will indeed follow their footsteps."

24. (The warner) said: "Even if I bring you better guidance than that which you found your fathers following?" They said: "Verily, We disbelieve in that with which you have been sent."

25. So We took revenge of them, then see what was the end of those who denied (Islamic Monotheism).
peace

Iceee
08-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Salaam.

the husband is seen as the head of the household, as such a Muslim husband wouldn't be violating his wife's believe by holding the household to Islamic standards. yes, the wife might be denied things that are permissible, but they aren't required.
Just to add onto this brothers point, please watch this video:

Also are any Muslim women here who have married Christian men?
A Muslim woman cannot marry a Christian man. Read brother YusufNoor's point Inshallah.

Read more by clicking on the following links:

http://www.scholarofthehouse.org/oninma.html
The justification for this rule was two-fold: 1) Technically, children are given the religion of their father, and so legally speaking, the offspring of a union between a Muslim male and a kitabiyya would still be Muslim; 2)It was argued that Muslim men are Islamically prohibited from forcing their wives to become Muslim. Religious coercion is prohibited in Islam. However, in Christianity and Judaism a similar prohibition against coercion does not exist. According to their own religious law, Muslim jurists argued, Christian men may force their Muslim wives to convert to their (the husbands') religion. Put differently, it was argued, Islam recognizes Christianity and Judaism as valid religions, but Judaism and Christianity do not recognize the validity of Islam as a religion. Since it was assumed that the man is the stronger party in a marriage, it was argued that Christian and Jewish men will be able to compel their Muslim wives to abandon Islam. (If a Muslim man would do the same, he would be violating Islamic law and committing a grave sin).

crimsontide06
08-26-2013, 10:01 PM
so, in your book, calling a polytheist a polytheist is slander? really?

i believe that Tawheed is the most important aspect of Islam. i believe we have an obligation to correct people, even when they "think" they are correct. some Sufis, those that worship at grave-sites are also committing shirk. should we not advise them merely because the were "born into it and raised to believe it?"

do you think there are any polytheists that think it is wrong to be a polytheist?
Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote. I was reffering specifically to when you said

you call yourself loveofgod, how does being a polytheist show a love for God?
I assumed you were trying to say Christians do not love God. Yes, they are misguided(thinking that Jesus is God or son of God) but I know in a lot of their hearts, they are sincere believing that THIS is the way to worship God.

Futuwwa
08-27-2013, 01:00 AM
ProTip: If you want an honest answer to a question, don't load the question with a premise which the person the question is directed at doesn't agree with to begin with.

Muslim Woman
08-27-2013, 05:33 AM
I live in India and have heard of cases of Muslim women marrying Hindu men..

religiously it's not allowed but sadly many ' modern ' mulsim women are disobeying command of God Almighty

loveofgod
08-27-2013, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
religiously it's not allowed but sadly many ' modern ' mulsim women are disobeying command of God Almighty
I can only go by what I observe in the world around me. I've seen Muslims do many things which in this forum would be called religiously not allowed. I've even been in parties where I've seen Muslim men drink and smoke. In Bollywood there are many examples of Muslim men who do things that are totally against the things that are preached in this forum. ---

WarriorforMarie
08-27-2013, 03:12 PM
I can only go by what I observe in the world around me. I've seen Muslims do many things which in this forum would be called religiously not allowed. I've even been in parties where I've seen Muslim men drink and smoke. In Bollywood there are many examples of Muslim men who do things that are totally against the things that are preached in this forum. Prime example is that of Shahrukh Khan who has taken a Hindu woman as his wife. Zakir Hussain a famous tabla player took a Christian girl as wife. But these men seem to be very happy with their choices.
Perhaps the culture in India amongst Muslims is a little bit different than elsewhere?

sister herb
08-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Peace with you

I have seen a lot of Christians who doesn´t follow even 10 commands. Why I as muslim woman like to marry kind of man?

:nervous:

Muslim Woman
08-27-2013, 03:49 PM
I can only go by what I observe in the world around me. I've seen Muslims do many things which in this forum would be called religiously not allowed. I've even been in parties where I've seen Muslim men drink and smoke. In Bollywood there are many examples of Muslim men who do things that are totally against the things that are preached in this forum.

it does not matter how happy or unhappy a person is in this world. On the final day , if God is satiesfied with him/ her , that's the eternal success.

Muhammad
08-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Greetings,

I can only go by what I observe in the world around me.
As already mentioned, a good car should not be judged by a bad driver. There will always be people who do not act according to what the religion teaches. You already mentioned you are reading Islam books, so these are a better source of information. Bollywood and films in general are not a reliable source of factual information so please avoid using that to learn about Islam.

Your question has been addressed above so to avoid going off-topic, this thread is now closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!