/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage & Suckling

jparted
08-28-2013, 01:26 AM
asalamwalakum

I have had milk from my grandmother who now is my suckling mother, So my aunty is also my suckling sister. Is it permissible for me to marry her daughter (my cousin) she has not had any milk from my grandmother.

thanks for the help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
08-28-2013, 01:35 AM
I am scared and confused at the same time...people usually stop getting milk like that when they are no longer a baby...

Maybe explain this all better with complete sentences.

jparted
08-28-2013, 01:45 AM
sorry i was a baby when i had the milk on many occasions. I thought that was obvious. ok i hope that makes it clear

AabiruSabeel
08-28-2013, 03:00 AM
:sl:

Please read the following two Fatawa:

Is it permissible to marry the daughter of my cousin who was breastfed by my grandmother in addition to myself?

Is it permissible to marry the daughter of my cousin who was breastfed by my grandmother in addition to myself?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu `alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

The relationship between you and your cousin is that of “foster brother and sister”[1], since your grandmother is also your foster mother. It is not permissible for one to marry the daughter of one’s foster sister.[2]

The above ruling will not differ whether the daughter of one’s foster sister was suckled by one’s foster mother or not.

And Allah knows best.

Moulana Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
daruliftaa.net

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/6077

My own sister’s son was breastfed by my own mother at his birth up to four days. Can I marry my daughter to my own sister’s son who was breastfed by my own mother?

My own sister’s son was breastfed by my own mother at his birth up to four days. Can I marry my daughter to my own sister’s son who was breastfed by my own mother?

Answer(Fatwa: 218/124/H=1433)

No, you cannot do so because this nikah is haram. Your mother (who is nani/grandmother of the boy) became his foster mother and you (mamu/uncle of the boy) became foster brother of the boy and your daughter became foster bhatiji (niece) of the boy. It is haram to marry one’s foster bhatiji (niece) as it is haram to marry one’s nasabi (genealogical) bhatiji (niece).

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta-deoband/27790

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!