/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do tears in dua count, if it is not for fear of God?

Fainoz
08-28-2013, 06:32 AM
But for fear of something else? I heard that Duas are more likely to be granted if you are crying. But what if say someone was crying because they had an intense irrational fear of beetles, and they were crying and asking Allah to protect them from their fear of beetles, Does that count?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nur Student
08-28-2013, 11:53 AM
No, they don't count. Tears must be of the love or fear of Allah.

However, if you are desperate about something and put your complete trust in Allah and make a sincere dua, Allah may accept your dua. In the example you gave, He may accept the dua not because of the tears, but because of the desperateness and hardship.

Nur Student
08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
I forgot to say,

And Allah knows the best. :D

Iceee
08-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Salaam.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/44914
Q: I just wanted to clarify a bit of doubt that I have regarding trials and tribulations. I know that everything comes from Allah and that a Muslim is such that he is happy in all conditions, but sometimes it is hard to practice on that. Is crying because of a trial you have been afflicted with a sign of ingratitude towards Allah?

A:
To cry upon a calamity or difficulty is not a sign of ingratitude nor is it a sin. THis is natural. Rasoolullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) also shed tears when his son Ebrahim (Radhiyallahu anhu) died. What is wrong is to cry our loud shouting and shrieking, and to beat the breast out of anguish, and then to exclaim things that are contrary to The Law of Allah.

Most importanly the belief in taqdeer should be firmly embedded in the heart; that whatever has befallen me was destined for me; nothing could stop it; and it came from Allah. One has to make sabr when the calamity befalls. Sabr doesn’t mean that one should actually be happy during that time; sabr means that one does not utter or do anything that is contrary to Shariah. Those who have mastered sabr and are very close to Allah are able to be happy and content; but this is not possible for most people. The least is to resign oneself to the happening, accept that it was ordained by Allah, and not break any law of Allah due to anguish and anxiety. If one is naturally sad and bereaved, this is not a sin because it is all part of human nature.
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ing-islam.html
Crying is natural, we cried when we were babies, maybe we cried when we faced hardship etc. When making dua' you should 100% concentrate on your dua' forgetting everything else (problems with school or family etc.) in your mind. You are making dua' for Allah Subhanahuwatallah, so you should cry for him as well remembering ONLY him when doing so.

During the 28th night of Ramadan, you see that most people in the masjid cry when making dua'. They are remembering the creator and what he has given to us, family, friends, shelter, food, clothing, money, wife, kids. Yes make dua' for your problems but cry for the sake of Allah. Inshallah with that, your du'a will count.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
straightpath1
09-30-2013, 09:27 PM
I heard that prayers do get accept when crying to Allah but im not sure although its good to cry when praying to Allah and leaving ur trust in him

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!