/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi - just joined (ref. to Tony on 12/8/08 questioned meaning of crying during azhan)

Sara.R
09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Wanted to give an introductory hello by stating what brought me to this forum. I was searching for the meaning of why some people cry at the sound of or during adhan and came across a post from an individual named
"Tony" back on 12/08/08.

Very little is written about the possible meaning but more is stated by people who
claim only evil people or disbelievers cry during Adhan which I find to be a ridiculous and mean answer.

Anyway, except the people responding to "Tony" on this forum - I found were so supportive and genuinely kind
in responding to his question and on advising him concerning his question. So I joined the forum - hoping to getpeople to elaborate on the same question now in 2013.

Can't wait to read the responses on this topic -to see if any responses have changed now and whether any one else has seen the response to the same question by some people as saying a person who cries at start of or
during adhan is evil.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
09-05-2013, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sara.R
Wanted to give an introductory hello by stating what brought me to this forum. I was searching for the meaning of why some people cry at the sound of or during adhan and came across a post from an individual named
"Tony" back on 12/08/08.

Very little is written about the possible meaning but more is stated by people who
claim only evil people or disbelievers cry during Adhan which I find to be a ridiculous and mean answer.

Anyway, except the people responding to "Tony" on this forum - I found were so supportive and genuinely kind
in responding to his question and on advising him concerning his question. So I joined the forum - hoping to getpeople to elaborate on the same question now in 2013.

Can't wait to read the responses on this topic -to see if any responses have changed now and whether any one else has seen the response to the same question by some people as saying a person who cries at start of or
during adhan is evil.
:sl:

"so supportive and genuinely kind"...oh snap, i guess that wasn't me!

you must look at the question as any other questions, ie, "what do you do during the athan?" hadith tell us to be quiet, and recite what the mu'athan does after he does, and adding "la hawla wa la quwatta, ilha bliia" after hiya al salaah and hiya al filaah"...THAT'S IT!

now, if someone says you must cry during the athan (or institutes a new item to the Din), then that is a biddah (not permissible). take from that what you want.

now if hearing the athan, for some reason, makes one cry, that is not biddah. there are stories about Bilal, RA, who coudn't recite the athan after Rasulullah, pbuh, died. Bilal would start to cry because he just couldn't do it (well, he couldn't do it cuz he was crying).

see the difference?

ma salaama

Sara.R
09-06-2013, 12:53 AM

you must look at the question as any other questions, ie, "what do you do during the athan?" hadith tell us to be quiet, and recite what the mu'athan does after he does, and adding "la hawla wa la quwatta, ilha bliia" after hiya al salaah and hiya al filaah"...THAT'S IT!

now, if someone says you must cry during the athan (or institutes a new item to the Din), then that is a biddah (not permissible). take from that what you want.

now if hearing the athan, for some reason, makes one cry, that is not biddah. there are stories about Bilal, RA, who coudn't recite the athan after Rasulullah, pbuh, died. Bilal would start to cry because he just couldn't do it (well, he couldn't do it cuz he was crying).

see the difference?

ma salaama

First, thanks for your response. But I am confused as to how you got to your particular response, such as interpreting my question and a previous post of another that I referenced as (me) asking:

1. Is it appropriate to disrupt while one is giving adhan? Whether it be crying or laughing or talking about nonsense during adhan – my post nor the prior 2008 post asks or states that. Rather my post as does the prior reflects on why some people are humbled by the beautiful and touching words of the Quran (whether it be the adhan or a story from the Hadith).

You said:

“"what do you do during the athan?" hadith tell us to be quiet, and recite what the mu'athan does after he does, and adding "la hawla wa la quwatta, ilha bliia" after hiya al salaah and hiya al filaah"...THAT'S IT!

Second, I am assuming you actually took the time to read the prior post as an extension to my post but somehow missed the point or became angry by both posts and its response. Because if anyone or most reading only the actual words of either post or maybe even with some slight deviation from those words - I still fail to understand how you got to your response.

1. Who said anything about “someone” telling one to cry as being a good or honorable thing to do during adhan? My post nor the prior even remotely says that or gives that impression. Again, I do not know how you reached your interpretation thereby utterly lost with your response.

You said:

"...if someone says you should cry during adhan..." etc.

Lastly, because you’re prior two response as stated above are confusing rather than provide any enlightenment or understanding – your very last statement is completely out of context.

1. Since I nor the person in the prior post is asking whether it is okay to rudely disrupt a person giving adhan nor asking if someone tells you should cry during adhan – then clearly or (at least to me) the story of Bilal, his reason for crying etc definitely fall out of context therefore what “difference” are you speaking of? The issue or post is asking rather - why would anyone say that being humbled at the sound and meaning of adhan (or any other Islamic story or Quranic verses) makes some people so emotional to actually silently cry and reflect (and more eager to continue learning about Islam) while others such conduct and overall view Islam as being a violent/non-peaceful religion? The latter must be the same people who say those crying in such manner are actually evil or disbelievers. Or they can be those people who take things out of context (not for its facial readily apparent meaning), get angry, or offended and therefore find a person acting in such manner (or asking such questions) as being either evil or completely stupid.

You said:
“now if hearing the athan, for some reason, makes one cry, that is not biddah. there are stories about Bilal, RA, who coudn't recite the athan after Rasulullah, pbuh, died. Bilal would start to cry because he just couldn't do it (well, he couldn't do it cuz he was crying).see the difference?”

So in conclusion: If however, my post or the prior post truly offended you or make no sense or you found it to be so dumb/inappropriate – then I apologize to you and anyone else that feels the same as you. Because that was totally not my intent nor did I take the prior post to be as such.

Muslim Woman
09-06-2013, 12:53 AM

sis , Welcome here . This section is for intro only . If u have any question , pl. ask in related thread. Thanks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h-n
09-06-2013, 01:44 AM
:welcome:

There are Muslims who do cry when hearing the words of Allah, as it is a reminder of his Mercy. People can be deeply emotional when receiving help from someone ie a long term illness that they have been cured from and are overwhelmed and happy at the cure would cry with happiness and touched and grateful at the help (and of course even greater is with Allah) as Allah's message is a Mercy from him and there are Muslims who genuinely feel it as such.

YusufNoor
09-06-2013, 01:44 AM
"Tony" back on 12/08/08.

during adhan is evil.

THAT is what i was answering.

First, thanks for your response. But I am confused as to how you got to your particular response, such as interpreting my question and a previous post of another that I referenced as (me) asking:

Is it appropriate to disrupt while one is giving adhan? Whether it be crying or laughing or talking about nonsense during adhan – my post nor the prior 2008 post asks or states that. Rather my post as does the prior reflects on why some people are humbled by the beautiful and touching words of the Quran (whether it be the adhan or a story from the Hadith).
NO, vehemently NO! it is absolutely NOT appropriate to make ANY disruption during the athan. NOW, IF someone's athan is so awesome that it brings one to tears, then A) send me a copy! :D, and B) try to be as quiet as you can.

the athan came to Bilal and another Muslim in a dream, so it isn't Qur'an per se, though, let's face it, most of it IS in the Qur'an.

Second, I am assuming you actually took the time to read the prior post as an extension to my post but somehow missed the point or became angry by both posts and its response. Because if anyone or most reading only the actual words of either post or maybe even with some slight deviation from those words - I still fail to understand how you got to your response.
no, i did not try to find a 5 year old post. i am addressing the person crying, not what someone says about that person. and the first part of my respones:

was a joke, i was kidding! no one is angry.

Lastly, because you’re prior two response as stated above are confusing rather than provide any enlightenment or understanding – your very last statement is completely out of context.

Since I nor the person in the prior post is asking whether it is okay to rudely disrupt a person giving adhan nor asking if someone tells you should cry during adhan – then clearly or (at least to me) the story of Bilal, his reason for crying etc definitely fall out of context therefore what “difference” are you speaking of? The issue or post is asking rather - why would anyone say that being humbled at the sound and meaning of adhan (or any other Islamic story or Quranic verses) makes some people so emotional to actually silently cry and reflect (and more eager to continue learning about Islam) while others such conduct and overall view Islam as being a violent/non-peaceful religion? The latter must be the same people who say those crying in such manner are actually evil or disbelievers. Or they can be those people who take things out of context (not for its facial readily apparent meaning), get angry, or offended and therefore find a person acting in such manner (or asking such questions) as being either evil or completely stupid.
if your question is ONLY about someone that is so moved, that silent tears of joy run down their face, then i would tell them not to be so concerned about what someones says to them. IF THEY say something stupid like, "
only evil people or disbelievers cry during Adhan
just ignore them. you don't want to get in a fight, nor stoop to their level. i would even advise against "trying to prove them wrong", just let it go. make dua for them.

and if you're talking about reverts specifically, there will always be a few that'll find any excuse to say something negative to you or about you. my advice is the same, "just let it go. make dua for them." it happens. (smile inside, if you want)

make sense?

ma salaama

AabiruSabeel
09-06-2013, 03:10 AM

Welcome to IslamicBoard. Hope you find a beneficial stay with us.

... people who claim only evil people or disbelievers cry during Adhan ...
There is a difference between wailing and overcoming with emotions. The Shaitan flees away on hearing the Azan and the dogs howl on seeing it run.
But being overwhelmed with emotions and shedding tears in remembrance of Allah while acknowledging His greatness is a good thing.

Please see these two threads for more details:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...get-emoti.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ml#post1209384

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!