/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused on how to do istikhara....

ServantForAlla
09-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm confused. Am I suppose to just pray it like I usually pray then say the dua or I'm not sure imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-06-2013, 11:58 PM
:sl:

yes . Several threads are here on it . Pl. browse

ILuvAllah
09-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Question:
I need to know the detailed procedure of performing Salaat-ul-Istekhaara. I'm Hanafi, if that matters.

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Walaikum assalam,

The istikhara prayer is very simple: one prays two rakatsat any time that is not disliked, after which one recites the supplication of istikhara.

It is best to recite it before sleeping, though in no way necessary. One should suspend one’s own judgementor inclination about the particular matter, and wait for Allah to show one a sign or to make things happen in a way that indicates what to do. If unclear, it is recommended to repeat the istikhara prayer and supplication seven times. Shaykh Nuh Keller mentions that the more one prays the istikhara prayer, the clearer its answers become to one. He prays it for all matters, even things one would not imagine doing istikhara for.

If stuck in a situation where it is not possible to pray, one may limit oneself to the supplication alone. This is what women in menstruation should do, too.

The great living Hanafi scholar and hadith expert from Aleppo, Shaykh Abdullah Sirajal-Din mentions in his book on the virtues of prayer that it is the way of many Sufis, including Shaykh al-Akbar Muhiyyuddin Ibn al-Arabi(Allah sanctify his secret), to pray the istikhara prayer at the beginning of their day, after sunrise, asking Allah to guide them in general to all good and to keep away all evil from them.

We ask Allah to give us beneficial knowledge, and the success to act upon it in the way most beloved to Him, on the footsteps of His beloved Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace).

Wassalam,

Faraz Rabbani.

source: http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1057&CATE=4

ILuvAllah
09-10-2013, 01:36 AM
When I used to perform istikhara for one time, i didnt get clear answer. Then after long time I have again performed istikhara for 2 reasons, first one for 7 days and second one for nearly a month and I got amazing clear answers.

There was a time when Omar Ibn Al Khatab during the time of his khilafa thought of compiling all the hadeeth into a book. He was able to come up with a decision for it after performing istikhara for one month.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
09-10-2013, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ServantForAlla
I'm confused. Am I suppose to just pray it like I usually pray then say the dua or I'm not sure
Assalamu Alaikum

All about Istikhara

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...tml#post124172

Ahmad H
09-11-2013, 05:24 AM
To add to this, sometimes doing extra Nawafil and Tasbih usually helps. I got answers from Allah through dreams about many things when I prayed to Him for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!