/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

brandondean
09-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Hello, my name is Brandon Dean. And I am 24, from the united states. I came to this forum because of my deep interest in Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Salaam / Peace Be Upon You.

Welcome to our forums. Are you thinking of converting to Islam? Or just browsing the threads. Whatever reason, I hope you enjoy your stay on IslamicBoard.
:welcome:

brandondean
09-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Well, To be honest I've been thinking of ''reverting'' I agree with the religion of Islam, and I have offered dua to Allah. And to be really honest, I have said my shahada in privacy last night. However..Since I did so I awoke for fujr and doing wudu was difficult and I completely messed up salat. I am staying with my girlfriend whom we have a child together, but we are not married. And I am addicted to tobacco, But I heard it was haram. I don't know arabic very well, and since I tried to do salat I failed miserably. And at worse..there is no masjeed here where I am at, and no muslim around me. Not in probably 50 miles. No transportation. I am very new to Islam. But I did give up on the salat. But I know it is the truth, and it is my first day since my shahada. I'm very embarrassed.:exhaustedimsad

Iceee
09-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Post Edited.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur Student
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brandondean
Hello, my name is Brandon Dean. And I am 24, from the united states. I came to this forum because of my deep interest in Islam.
:salambox:

Welcome to the forum, Brother.

Don't worry about messing up with things you are doing for the first time. Take your time; everything new to us needs time and practice to master. Allah knows the best, and He knows your intention and sincerity.

Muslim Woman
09-09-2013, 04:07 AM
:sl:

Welcome to Islam bro.

Try to learn slowly and be steady . Browse the forum , specially New Muslim section . Feel free to ask questions .

brandondean
09-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, And thank you icee for the advice. I did not know I could say my salat in English at first, till I get better at the Arabic. Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam

Muhammad
09-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello Brandon and welcome to the forum,

Congratulations on accepting Islam. All praise is for Allaah :swt: who guided you to the right way.

You are not alone in what you have described. It is common for new Muslims to be daunted by the Arabic in prayers and worrying about all they have to learn. But they find it is not an impossible task when one takes it step by step, and they do get there. Allaah :swt: is the One who makes it easy for those who try.

As for praying in english, the best and safest thing would be to try and learn the minimum Arabic phrases required for the prayers, which can be built on later. Try and contact a Mosque or Islamic Centre who might be able to give you more information.

The following website may also be useful, though I can't guarantee it is free from mistakes:
http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/beginners_prayer.htm

May Allaah :swt: keep you steadfast and strengthen you, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!