PDA

View Full Version : Moving to an Islamic Country



facethetruth
09-09-2013, 09:41 AM
For brothers and sisters who live in the west, did you ever wish that you would move to an Islamic country ? If yes pls post some of the reasons for this, you can mention which country it is, and what are the things that you are doing to make this happen ofcouse beside Douaa.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Salam alaykum

I haven´t never plant to move to any other country - not islamic or non-islamic. One reason for this is because I feel home in this country I have born. Also, the most islamic countries are already quite over populated and I feel it is better (even to me) living in the west; here it is possible to tell to others whose might be interesting to become muslim about islam.
Reply

xboxisdead
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
For brothers and sisters who live in the west, did you ever wish that you would move to an Islamic country ? If yes pls post some of the reasons for this, you can mention which country it is, and what are the things that you are doing to make this happen ofcouse beside Douaa.
What I missed in Islamic country that I am not getting it here in the West are mosques where you hear the Athan coming from the mosques. I missed when you hear the Athan and you see people walking to toward the mosque and you see people closing the stores and walking toward the mosque...this is what I am missing here in the West.
Reply

sister herb
09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
One my friend before said to me that it is same in which country she lives (now she lives in Gaza) because in any country she can serve and praise Allah...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
glo
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
One my friend before said to me that it is same in which country she lives (now she lives in Gaza) because in any country she can serve and praise Allah...
Amen to that. :)

I like to think that God places us in certain places and situations and with certain people for a reason - so we should make the best of it and serve him as best we can.
Reply

~Zaria~
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
For brothers and sisters who live in the west, did you ever wish that you would move to an Islamic country ? If yes pls post some of the reasons for this, you can mention which country it is, and what are the things that you are doing to make this happen ofcouse beside Douaa.
:sl:

I think about moving to KSA very frequently.
I cant think of anything better than to be able to live in the blessed cities of Madhinah or Makkah, or at least in the vicinity.

The following hadith is from Bukhari (9:88, 210):

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
Allah's Apostle said, "There will come a time when the best property of a Muslim will be sheep which he will take to the tops of mountains and the places of rainfall so as to flee with his religion from the afflictions."

^ I'm not sure if we are already at this point in time, but certainly it does feel like it is becoming increasingly difficult to protect ourselves and families from the types of fitnahs that we are surrounded by.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to do so at present - so this is probably what is best for me.... Allahu alim.

I think that if anyone has the physical/ financial possibility to make hijrah to a muslim country, purely for the sake of safe-guarding their imaan and with the intention of living a life that is more focussed on deen, then they should make every effort to do so, in shaa Allah.

:wa:
Reply

Woodrow
09-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Just some thoughts.

A little over 1400 years ago, there were no Islamic Nations. Today there are 49. Each one of them B
became Islamic Nations because the Muslim Minority stayed in them and grew to become the Majority.

Contrary to popular belief the Islamic Nations did not become so because of Muslims migrating into the Nation, but because the residents reverted to Islam and stayed in the Nation instead of moving to an Islamic Nation.

I read an intersesting story the other day. Stop and think about this Brother:


NUUK: Wassam Azaqeer, a Lebanese, who lives in a country surrounded by icebergs called “Greenland”, is the only Muslim in this state who is fasting daily for 21 hours with full determination.

Greenland is the largest island in the world; lies between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean; a self-governing province of Denmark.

According to an Arab TV report, Wassam Azaqeer, who is living in Greenland from the past several years and has been called “Arab Columbus” as he is the only Arab Muslim who not only managed to live in Greenland-despite for its long and difficult journey, but also running a successful business in the capital city of Greenland called Nuuk.

Wassam, is running his own restaurant where he receives 200 customers each day.

The month of the Ramdan,this year, came in summer so Wassam has to fast for 21 hours and after Aftari he only got 2 hours to prepare for Sehri to start next fast.

In these 2 hours Wassam, also has to offer his Maghrib and Isha prayers. Wassam says that he is very proud Muslim to be living on a state where he is the only one fasting and praying in the name of Allah.

He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.
SOURCE
Reply

tearose
09-10-2013, 06:54 AM
As-salaamu 3laikum, I would love to move to a Muslim-majority country, however, I would need to be sure that hijra was really obligatory for me as I don't have a mahram to travel with. So in sha Allah I will see how my situation is when I finish my studies. The other problem is that a lot of Muslim countries require you to get a visa which can be very expensive and a lot don't allow you to stay there permanently.
Reply

Jerbi
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I live in an Islamic country , and wouldn't mind travelling to see how other Muslims live - as soon as I make enough $$
Reply

Ummshareef
09-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Salam aleykum,

Mashallah I love the story in Woodrow's post about the man in Greenland - I always wondered what it must be like to be a Muslim so far north during Ramadhan when it falls in the summer!

I have thought a lot about making Hijrah and my strong desire is to live under the protection of full shariah, but I take the point that historically Muslim countries became Muslim because the residents reverted to Islam and insha'Allah it would be lovely to play my small part in making that happen here in the west.
Reply

YusufNoor
09-15-2013, 05:47 PM
:sl:

i did not know there was a single Islamic country on the face of the earth! we have countries populated by Muslims, yes, but not a single Islamic country.

ma salaama
Reply

Ahmad H
09-17-2013, 02:42 AM
I would never move to an Islamic country because no Muslim leader I have seen has EVER been a just leader. They are all frauds, as far as I can tell, and they either serve their own interests or the interests of the Western powers out of fear of them. Furthermore, Muslim leaders today seem to think it's fine to oppress their fellow Muslims and allow Muslims to kill each other - again, as long as their own interests are served.

So no, I would never move to an Islamic country. There is no peace and no justice there as far as anyone is concerned. There is no "Islam" followed by the so-called Muslims in those countries. When a Muslim country has Muslims killing one another, no Muslim country mobilizes their military to stop that conflict. They only stop conflicts when their leader is involved because apparently that is more important.

When the time finally comes that the so-called Muslim countries follow Islam, then I would decide to move there. They are Muslims in name only and no government is without extreme corruption. Even though Saudi Arabia is rich and does well, they are the most unjust because they have never lead any nations in intervention in their own fellow neighboring Muslim countries. Even if they are not neighbors, they are the country in which Islam began. Yet, they do NOTHING to stop any conflicts, unless it be a threat to their own power.

I have not heard of any Islamic country considering military intervention in Syria, only the US considers this. Forget hidden agendas, at least the US considers this a humanitarian crisis. Unless the Muslims in those countries wake up and smell the coffee that their own brethren are suffering and plan to do something to stop all of this bloodshed, then I will move there. But even my safety is not guaranteed as a Muslim. So why should I ever consider it?

It is a terrible option for any true Muslim to move to any Muslim country, when they know none of them follow Islam in their laws and behavior. Instead they are cowards who don't help their own fellow Muslims. Shame on them. They are not worthy of being called Islamic when this is who they act. They should have come up with a solution a long time ago instead of letting non-Muslim countries deal with countries like Syria and Egypt as they wish. It is both weak and pathetic. I have no sympathy for those who cannot lift a finger to save their own brothers. Instead, there are Ulema who consider it a Jihad to go and fight in Syria, thus furthering the bloodshed there. What Jihad? Jihad of Muslims killing Muslims? Astaghfirullah! Shame on them and shame on those who kill their own brethren in faith!

Never! Not until they reform themselves to the correct Islam. The Islam which the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) had revealed to him by Allah and that which the Sahaba (ra) had followed. Not until that is their goal.
Reply

~Zaria~
09-17-2013, 04:25 AM
:salam:

I think that the intention behind making hijrah to a muslim country is important.

If one is emigrating, in an attempt to live under uncorrupted 'islamic leadership', then it is true - there will be great difficulty in trying to find such a country.
If one is emigrating to a muslim-predominate country, simply because they want to live amongst muslims in general - then this is all that will be achieved (and as brother Woodrows post has beautifully shown, there may be more benefit in staying in ones own country for the purpose of dawah).

However, if a person is making hijrah because he/ she feels that their current society is drowning in so many types of vices and sin - that it is becoming difficult to protect their imaans and to protect their families/ kids - then, in shaa Allah, this is the type of hijrah that is worth pursuing.

Which is why, personally, I can see no better place of residence than in the blessed cities.
And which is also the reason why some groups of people have opted for the formation of 'Muslim Villages' in various parts of the world.

^ Simply because they are saying, that their imaan is so precious.....and that they can no longer safe-guard it in their current environments.

Our intentions for moving to a muslim country, are more important than the actual hijrah itself.


:wa:
Reply

Ahmad H
09-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
I think that the intention behind making hijrah to a muslim country is important.
As much as I agree with that, I still cannot swallow the fact that the Islamic countries do not coalesce together and work together. Instead, the rich and powerful don't give any heed to the suffering of their fellow Muslims, except maybe a few of them. I don't see the spirit of Islam anywhere in the Islamic countries. Yes, there is Hajj and Umra in Mecca, and many worship at the sacred mosques, but when it comes to calling one another Kafir and killing others who clearly claim to be Muslim, then nothing is stopped. No deterrence is given and preferences are given instead to one side over the other.

There are a lot of other reasons as well, but suffice it to say, a lot of Muslims are Muslims in name only these days. I'd rather live in the West where I can see how true Muslims stand against Fitnah and persevere as Muslims despite living among non-Muslims who surround them. Most who come from Islamic countries tend to become Westernized more easily than Muslims who already live here in the West and embrace Islam strongly. You see guys and girls from the Arab and South Asian countries start dating and mixing freely, adopting evil attitudes and committing Fahishah. It really surprised me to see this for the last couple of years, but now I realize a lot of the Muslims who live in Islamic countries, when tested on their faith, fall victim to temptation easily. So how do you know how many Muslims from these countries really stand the test when the time comes? Not all of them, in fact a few of them stay strong - from what I've seen.

So I would rather live with those here in the West, who are Muslim in practice despite the test and trials surrounding them. They are the best company, and they are like the gold which is purified from the heating having been separated from the impurities. After going through fire (trials), they come out pure. These are how you know the true Muslims from those who adopt hypocrisy.

Tell me I'm wrong and that you haven't seen this. This is the main reason why I would never move to an Islamic country. You can't tell who is truly Muslim behind closed doors and who is Muslim in all situations. Belief and disbelief prevail everywhere, but if you can live somewhere where you can tell the believers from the disbelievers easily, then you are safer than having to guess and fall into the wrong company by accident. That can be devastating.

All in all, I don't disagree with you, I just see things differently. I like to know my friends are following Islam truly and not just acting like they believe it. I've got to know they are the same way behind closed doors, rather than being hypocritical people who could be a bad influence given the right situation. I usually try to stay away from those people if I can manage to avoid them. It just seems easier here in the West.
Reply

Ali_008
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
:sl:

It has appealed to me to move to a Muslim country (there is no Islamic country in the world, only Muslim majority countries), but then again I keep avoiding that idea, because I feel there is wisdom to every aspect of our lives, and that includes our place of birth as well. Most people move to Gulf countries that also happen to be Muslim countries with the intent of making money, and also the part that the population is mostly Muslim is an added bonus, not the primary motivation. However, these people live with an unthinkable amount of fear of getting in the hair of the citizens of the country. I despise this part of living abroad with a fear, especially even more when I have to be afraid of my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Apart from that, I feel that the reason I get these ideas of going there is because I'm having difficulty in following the deen where I'm located, or that place has plenty of fitnah. So then I think if every Muslim moved to the Middle-East with this mindset then who would take up the duty of Dawah for these non-Muslim countries? Very recently, I came to know of a couple of situations that brought this thought to my head. There were two daees in my city who were very active MashaAllah, and looking at them was a sheer pleasure, because they were respected by non-Muslims as well. However, about a week ago, I came to know that both of them have been living in Saudi Arabia for quite a while now - some even say its been years. I was not able to catch up with them, and was mostly following their activities on facebook and all, but I had no clue that they had moved. Not to say that they don't have a right to live whatever way they want to live, but I felt weird that these people who were upholding the flag of Islam with honor even amongst non-Muslims left to live with Muslims. My dawah is not even peanuts compared to what they have done, and I have no right to judge them whatsoever, but I was actually sad after I came to know this. However, it also reminded me that Islam is not an أمانة (trust) of a handful of Muslims, but of all of us, and all of us need to collectively contribute in establishing it wherever we live.

Then there is the freedom aspect as well. No other place can provide you as much freedom as your place of birth. Plus, the demerits such as racism are easily forgotten in such matters.

A life without trials and tribulations only means that you choose to go to the day of Judgment with an easy question sheet in your hand, and we all know that there is hardly anyone in this world today who is upholding every duty of Islam as devoutly as it should be. We also know that even our most perfect deeds won't be sufficient to grant us jannah until Allah covers us with His mercy. So, I feel, although Allah is Ar-Rahman (the Most Compassionate) Al-Haleem (Most Forbearing), how much compassion will be fair if we show up on the day of judgment with an innocuous life to our credit despite having moved to a Muslim country? Despite having crossed oceans to have an easy life, and yet be ungrateful and sinful?

People can go wherever they want with whatever intentions they have, but for me these thoughts hinder any plans of going abroad. I absolutely love Makkah, love it more than any place in the world, love it in a way that I can compare the love I have for it only with the love I have for my daughter, but still as I was not born there I take it as an indication that its best that I enjoy it as a visitor, and not as a resident.
Reply

Jerbi
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
People who are there want to come here , saying they want to live with Muslims.
People who are here want to go there because they want to live in a country of Islam.

It is common here for people to say that in the west people are not Muslims , but Islamic law is upheld by the way people behave and deal with each other.
"I went there and found Islam without Muslims , whilst here I only find Muslims without Islam".

Whether this is correct or not I don't know. But there's only one way to find out!
Reply

Abz2000
09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol I passed through Saudi Arabia when i left the uk with the tiny hope of finding a reason to get a job there and settling to be near the epicentre of islamic thought and struggle. The utter selfishness, fear and wahn I felt around me was startling, even the mujahideen sites are blocked there, and king abdullah (al salul)'s idol pasted on every large empty space, waving his fat arms, arms that hug Obama and bush.

It seems that the western political thought + materialism has infiltrated the minds heavily and competing to by expensive stuff has become a high ideal, the situation of the ummah comes somewhere near last.
Not that I'm saying it's not like that nearly everywhere, but at least in bd I know the lingo and mind frame, Islam is respected (althought more in a ritual sense), and hefajat-e-Islam came out to show the world that the Muslims here are prepared to come out fighting when it becomes necessary.
The political scene is bleak (another western puppet), but the ability to say salaam to almost anyone and frIe dliness of its people is comforting.

It is impossible to live in the west and be fully submitted to Allah, because the first requirement of western despots is acceptance of their authority to rule over Allah's - outright shirk.
If they make a satanic law, you can't go with your Quran and say, but Allah says this, even the community will chastise and mock you.
Here in BD, there are nasty despots trying to implement kufr, but when you see something against Islam and go to stop it, people may ask you why and when you explain the cause, they support you and they'll even contend with cops who'd try to enforce "the law".
It's a big difference, though the distinction between iman and kufr is not as enhanced here as in a disbelieving land, one can lose the determination to strive when everything's mild. But when the government try to attack Islam, the urge to do something is rekindled.

Example: in the uk, if you have a huge m&s panty and bra advert past which you and your children have to walk every day, it's very difficult to give them a valid reason to remove it, pull it down, you can get arrested - some people will even call the cops, and the judge will not listen to your moral qualms. (we make your laws and dictate what you accept and reject - willingly or unwillingly.

In BD, if they put up a slightly provocative ad and you pull it down, explain your reasons, people will acknowledge you and support you against kafir police. They're less domesticated by authority.

Anyways, I don't know if I'll be arrested or killed, but I do know that Muslims bond together in conflicts involving faith, it doesn't feel like a barren rock.

I.e you can strengthen and erect what remains, or try to turn over a huge rock that refuses to budge - while lying prostrate under it.
You and fellow muslims can stand up and demand respect for Islam in a majority population while schooling your children in an Islamic establishment without having to stress about a £20,000 bill.
or you can request to be allowed to practice your faith submissively to an infidel tyrant in a land where people have been conditioned to reject the rule of Allah and accept the decadence of Shaytaan. And your children can grow up desensitised to and un-awed by rebellion towards Allah.

Jarir ibn ‘Abdullaah al-Bojali relates, Rasulullaah sent a battalion to the tribe of Kulthum. Some members of the tribe sought salvation in performing prostration; however the battalion rapidly killed them. When Rasulullaah heard of the news, he ordered their families to be paid half the amount of blood money and said, `I disown every Muslim who settles amongst the Mushrikeen’ His companions asked, “Why is that Ya Rasulullah?” He replied, “You could not distinguish the Muslim from the kaafir.”

The hadeeth is reported by Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi that Hannad ibn al-Sarri narrated to us, Abi Mu’awiyyah narrated to us, from Ishma’il ibn Abi Khalid from Qais bin Abi Hazim from Jarir ibn ‘Abdullaah: that Rasulullaah sent a military expedition to Khath’am. So some people (living there) sought safety by prostrating, but they were met quickly and killed. News of this reached the Prophet upon which he commanded that they be given half of the ‘Aql (blood money). And he said: “I disown every Muslim who settles amongst the Mushrikeen” They said: “Why is that Ya Rasulullaah?” He said: “They should not see each others campfires.”

Abu Dawud said:* “Hushaim, Ma’mar, Khalid al-Wasiti and others narrated without mentioning Jarir.”

at-Tirmidhi said:* “Similar to the narration of Abi Mu’awiyah (no. 1604) but he did not mention in it: “from Jarir” in it, and that is more correct. There is something on this topic from Samurah. Most of the companions of Isma’il said: “From Isma’il, from Qais bin Abu Hazim, that Rasulullaah sent a military expedition.” and they did not mention: “from Jarir” in it. Hammad bin Salamah reported similar to the narration of Abi Mu’awiyah, from Al-Hajjaj bin Artah, from Isma’il bin Abi Khalid, from Qais from Jarir“

Ibn Hajr writes in ‘Talkhis al-Habir’: “this hadeeth is reported by Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi, ibn Majah from the hadeeth of Jarir…al-Bukhaari, Abu Hatim, Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi and ad-Daraqutni graded it as Mursal from Qais ibn Abi Hazim…”

In ‘Takreej Ahadith al-Ihya’, the author writes, “this hadeeth is narrated by an-Nasa’i as Mursal and al-Bukhaari said that the correct view is that this hadeeth is Mursal.”

Abu Hatim al-Razi commenting on the hadeeth (No.942) in his book “‘ilal al-hadeeth” also regarded it as Mursal.

Here's an interesting article I just found:


The Importance of Making Hijrah From The Lands of Disbelief

http://www.islampolicy.com/2011/02/i...lands.html?m=1

I am not saying that I am a better person now than I was then, but I have to admit that the opportunities are endless, just needs effort.

Peace
Reply

YusufNoor
09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
:sl:

Abz2000, where is BD?

the most sanest" "Muslim" head of state that i can see is Pres. Ahmadinejad of Iran. but it isn't an Islamic country, it is Shii'a. i'm dying, so i don't care anyway. but what country wants to take someone that can only be a financial burden? not saying that they want me here! ;D

the fault, as i see it, isn't really the "fault" of the Muslims. Alhamdulillah, they are freer in some places on earth than others. BUT, BUT, because they are busy doing what is correct, they don't bother with the problems of running a country. those that DO run the countries and live by their own rules. it is near disastrous. some of the early Scholars were tortured and imprisoned for not co-operating or assisting those in power. maybe if you "keep your head down", but is keeping your head down the proper way to live? how can you ignore shirk in KSA? how? how do you justify it? (that isn't rhetorical, btw)

it is all very, very complicated!

Zariah, iirc, said it best. imho.


from Islam QA

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/13363


I live in a western country, and I can practice my religion without much difficulty, praise be to Allaah. I have seen on your site some ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which forbid Muslims to settle in kaafir lands or to live among the kuffaar. I am now confused about whether to go back to my country or to stay in this country, knowing that if I go back to my country, I will encounter hardship and persecution because of my adherence to the laws of Allaah, and I will not be able to find freedom of worship such as I enjoy in the country where I live now.
I hope that you can answer my question and explain the ruling on my staying in this country, especially since the Muslim countries are no longer very different from others with regard to adherence to the laws of Islam.


Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle is that it is not permissible for the Muslim to settle among the mushrikeen. This is indicated by evidence from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and on the basis of common sense.

In the Qur’aan, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell — what an evil destination!”

[al-Nisa’ 4:97]

In the Sunnah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I disown every Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2645; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

With regard to common sense, the Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen cannot carry out many of the rituals and visible acts of worship of Islam, in addition to the fact that he is exposing himself to temptation because of the permissiveness in those countries that is protected by their laws. The Muslim should not expose himself to temptations and trials.

This is if we look at the evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah without paying attention to what is really happening in Muslim countries and kaafir countries. But if we look at what is really happening in Muslim countries, we cannot agree with the questioner when he says, “Especially since the Muslim countries are no longer very different from others with regard to adherence to the laws of Islam.” But this generalization is not correct. The Muslim countries are not all the same with regard to how closely or otherwise they adhere to the laws of Islam. Rather they vary in that, and even within one country, regions and cities may vary in that regard.

Similarly the kaafir countries are not all the same with regard to their permissiveness and moral laxity; they also vary in that regard.

So given that the Muslim countries vary, as do the kaafir countries, and given that the Muslim cannot go to a Muslim state and settle there because of visa and strict settlement laws etc, and that a Muslim may not be able to practice his religion in some Muslim countries, when he may be able to do so in whole or at least in part in some kaafir countries – for all these reasons it is impossible to issue a general ruling that will cover all countries and all individuals. Rather we should say that each Muslim has his own unique set of circumstances and his own ruling that applies to him, and each person is accountable for himself. If he is able to practise his religion in the Muslim country in which he lives more than he can in a kaafir country, then it is not permissible for him to settle in a kaafir country. But if it is the other way round, then it is permissible for him to settle in a kaafir country, subject to the condition that he is confident that he can resist the desires and temptations to be found there by taking the precautionary measures prescribed in sharee’ah.

There follow some comments of the scholars which support what we have said above:

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about this matter and he said: This is one of the most difficult issues nowadays because countries vary, as stated above, and because for some Muslims, if they go back to their homelands they will be persecuted for their religion whereas they are safe from that in the kaafir countries. But if we say that it is haraam for them to settle among the kuffaar, then where is the Islamic state that will accept them and allow them to settle there?! This is the meaning of what he said, may Allaah have mercy on him.

Zakariya al-Ansaari al-Shaafa’i said in his book Asna al-Mataalib (4/207):

It is obligatory to migrate from the kaafir lands to the Muslim lands for those who are able to do that, if they are unable to practise their religion openly.

Ibn al-‘Arabi al-Maaliki said: Hijrah (migration) means leaving dar al-harb [non-Muslim lands] and going to dar al-islam [Muslim lands]. This was obligatory at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and remains so after his time for those who fear for their lives. From Nayl al-Awtaar, 8/33, by al-Shawkaani.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said concerning the hadeeth, “I disown every Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen”:

This is to be understood as referring to those who are not safe to practise their religion there. Fath al-Baari, commentary on hadeeth no. 2825

In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (20/206) it says:

Dar al-harb refers to every place in which the rule of kufr prevails. One of the rulings that have to do with dar al-harb is hijrah (migration). With regard to migration from dar al-harb, the fuqaha’ divided people into three categories:

(a) Those who are obliged to migrate: they are those who are able to migrate and who cannot practise their religion openly in dar al-harb. It is obligatory upon a female even if she does not have a mahram, if she thinks she will be safe when travelling, or if the risk of travelling is less than the risk of staying in dar al-harb…

(b) Those who are not obliged to migrate: they are those who are unable to do so, either because of sickness or because they are forced to stay in the kaafir land, or those who are weak, such as woman and children, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way”

[al-Nisa’ 4:98]

(c) Those for whom migration is mustahabb but not obligatory: they include those who are able to migrate but are also able to practise their religion openly in dar al-harb. It is mustahabb for such a person to migrate so that he can participate in jihad and increase the numbers of the Muslims.

In a fatwa issued by the Standing Committee (12/50): One may also migrate from a mushrik land to another mushrik land that is less evil and where there is less danger to the Muslim, as some of the Muslims migrated from Makkah at the Prophet’s command to Abyssinia.

We ask Allaah to set the Muslims’ affairs straight.
Reply

facethetruth
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Just from fiqh standard of point, Dawa is Fard Kifaya , practing our deen as avoiding Haram and do the mandatory is Fard, so if somebody cant practice their deen in any place then it is Fard to move.
Reply

Abz2000
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
BD is Bangladesh,
Islam came here via jihad against a tyrant
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shah_Jalal

How to avoid collective shirk? The answer and its burden are not easy.
They are however in the Quran.

to live in a community where the best one can usually do is dislike evil and walk away out of the fear of causing a backlash and fitnah is an example of the weakest part of iman,
Even some of the so called Muslims condemn those who (ghayyirhu bi yadaih) And fight against the killers of millions of Muslims, because obviously Muslims living under non Muslim rule and without Muslim backing have to take into consideration the perception of their colleagues and boss and neighbours and society in general. As we saw in the example of that "drummer" who killed Muslims and was punished.

In a Muslim majority population they'll perceive it very differently, and sometimes come out celebrating, coz they feel the sting of the lash and don't care about how the aggressor qawm may perceive them. Most people around them are Muslim and they think with that kind of collective mindset.

Another thing I did notice in the uk was the tendency of of Muslim leaders to say "we", not we as in the alliance of believers, but we as in the geographical alliance of a cocktail of people within a border, within which borders kufr is the status quo and kufr is the head.
Comments from Muslim leaders like "we shouldn't have killed awlaki as it will make him a martyr" we this we that,
We - the secular (god rejecting) people.
It's quite ironic when those referred to as "we", say in their newspapers, "if you don't like it why not do that in your own country? even if you're born in the uk and live in the uk, the only distinction is that you are a stranger because you are a Muslim.

Explaining to them that most Muslim lands have western controlled puppets in the seat is quite futile, but there does come a time when one comes ro the understanding that they wouldnt hear this among muslims, and makes a conscious decision to move to live amongst believers who won't dream of asking such a ridiculous question.

O ye who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have faith (indeed).
Quran 5:57

لا يَتَّخِذِ المُؤمِنونَ الكٰفِرينَ أَولِياءَ مِن دونِ المُؤمِنينَ ۖ وَمَن يَفعَل ذٰلِكَ فَلَيسَ مِنَ اللَّهِ فى شَيءٍ إِلّا أَن تَتَّقوا مِنهُم تُقىٰةً ۗ وَيُحَذِّرُكُمُ اللَّهُ نَفسَهُ ۗ وَإِلَى اللَّهِ المَصيرُ

Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.

Quran 3:28


إِنَّما وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسولُهُ وَالَّذينَ ءامَنُوا الَّذينَ يُقيمونَ الصَّلوٰةَ وَيُؤتونَ الزَّكوٰةَ وَهُم رٰكِعونَ

Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

Quran 5:55


Even people who have no faith understand the necessity of this concept as can be seen in the u.s declaration of independence.

Here's a nice vid explaining some of the pros and cons:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJjW1LT...%3DWJjW1LTTIkU

I recall that Moses pbuh and the children of Israel (when they were believers) left Egypt with all it's tall buildings and amenities, they didn't move straight into a khilafah, they became a tight knit community -a majority, and fought to establish a khilafah,
And even recently (with Britain and Americas cuddling) and the prodding of the zionists, they left the lands in which they were scattered minorities and built an infidel run state.

I believe it's possible to do more in a collective effort than in a scattered haphazard set of I disciplined plan less community, i hope Allah gives us the ability to re-establish His rule and kingdom, maybe He took it away before since it was a kingdom of men fraudulently using His name.
and Allah knows best
Reply

Ali_008
09-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
Just from fiqh standard of point, Dawa is Fard Kifaya , practing our deen as avoiding Haram and do the mandatory is Fard, so if somebody cant practice their deen in any place then it is Fard to move.
I read this somewhere else as well that dawah is fard kifayah. I don't think I could agree with it, because a direct commandment of Rasoolullah :saws: was

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet said, "Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence, and tell others the stories of Bani Israel (which have been taught to you), for it is not sinful to do so. And whoever tells a lie on me intentionally, will surely take his place in the (Hell) Fire."

[Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 667]

The commandment of dawah has been plainly mentioned in the Qur'an as well:

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.
Surah # 16 - Surah An-Nahl - Verse 125


I'm no scholar, but when I read that dawah is fard kifayah, this hadeeth and ayah came to my mind, and it didn't feel right.
Reply

facethetruth
09-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence
Brother thats why you need always to ask the scholars, but ask the right ones. This hadeeth for teaching and delivering knowledge not Dawa to non Muslim. You just delivered a hadeeth to Muslims, Jazak Allah Khair.



Originally Posted by Ali_008
Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.
This aya is specfically to our prophet prayers and peace be upon him because he was sent to all people.

I hope it feels right now.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
the most sanest" "Muslim" head of state that i can see is Pres. Ahmadinejad of Iran. but it isn't an Islamic country, it is Shii'a.
Don't call others who claim to be Muslim non-Muslim altogether. You might have just called Muslims Kafir and incurred a heap of sin on yourself by doing so. I am advising you sincerely to not judge people's intentions, since as Muslims we aren't allowed to do that - no matter what the situation.
Reply

Ali_008
09-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Don't call others who claim to be Muslim non-Muslim altogether. You might have just called Muslims Kafir and incurred a heap of sin on yourself by doing so. I am advising you sincerely to not judge people's intentions, since as Muslims we aren't allowed to do that - no matter what the situation.
I don't get it. What the brother said is the truth. Iran is a Shia majority country, and Ahmadinejad is a shi'ite, but even I admire his guts.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
I don't get it. What the brother said is the truth. Iran is a Shia majority country, and Ahmadinejad is a shi'ite, but even I admire his guts.
Shi'i or not, when someone calls them self a Muslim, we cannot say otherwise and judge what is in their hearts. If they are clearly Kafir then that is another thing. But don't group a whole group of people into the same category. It is dangerous to call that many people Kafir at once when the opposite can still be true.
Reply

Abz2000
09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
The past thing we need right now is to divide ourselves politically, since we have a common political purpose.
They'd find it easier to fight us. I believe we should try to unite slowly on the truth via compassion and understanding.
However we must also be clear on what we know to be the truth, and encourage each other to understand that it's harmful to call sahabah who were promised paradise "kafirs and deviants".
Even wives of the prophet pbuh are not spared by some ignorant ones.

Grouping and ganging up on each other will only make the situation deteriorate though,
I'd rather go with understanding and explaining view points mercifully.
Hell we're prepared to do that with kuffar who even call the prophets liars.
Can't we do that with those astray amongst us?

Anyways, let's not go off topic and start royal rumble v, sectarian threads get messy and can be counterproductive..
Peace
Reply

ardianto
09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Is not "where we live" but "how we live" which will strengthen our iman.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Abz2000
However we must also be clear on what we know to be the truth, and encourage each other to understand that it's harmful to call sahabah who were promised paradise "kafirs and deviants".
Even wives of the prophet pbuh are not spared by some ignorant ones.
Yeah, this is a serious issue. One narration of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) says that near the end of times, people from this Ummah who are the later ones will curse the earlier ones (the first generations, including Sahaba (ra)). So this is in fact a very serious sign of the close proximity of the Day of Judgment.

What is sad is that I find many Muslims mentioning things sometimes that refer to certain issues which are foretold by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw), which I would never think would have occurred in my time. And here we are discussing its occurrence in our lives. We should all reflect on this a bit. I am glad you brought this up because every time I notice another sign fulfilled about the coming of the Day of Judgment, I realize how much of a better Muslim I should become. May Allah reward you immensely.
Reply

YusufNoor
09-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Don't call others who claim to be Muslim non-Muslim altogether. You might have just called Muslims Kafir and incurred a heap of sin on yourself by doing so. I am advising you sincerely to not judge people's intentions, since as Muslims we aren't allowed to do that - no matter what the situation.
:sl:

no one is called a non-Muslim in that post. "Islamic" is in quotes because having a country chock full of Muslims, doesn't mean they are following Shariah Law. they may follow some, but not all. Shii'ism isn't Islam, period. but we don't call Shii'ites kafrs.

to put another way, Saudi Arabia is NOT an "Islamic" country, in my opinion, it is a "Muslim country". (which is probably why you don't see me going there. i'd either be dead or in jail.) (and i have nicer things to say about former President Ahmadinejad than i do about the Saudi royals.) (though i'd prefer a lot Saudi Scholars over Iranian clerics) tough choices in tough times.

:wa:
Reply

Ahmad H
09-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
no one is called a non-Muslim in that post. "Islamic" is in quotes because having a country chock full of Muslims, doesn't mean they are following Shariah Law. they may follow some, but not all. Shii'ism isn't Islam, period. but we don't call Shii'ites kafrs.

to put another way, Saudi Arabia is NOT an "Islamic" country, in my opinion, it is a "Muslim country". (which is probably why you don't see me going there. i'd either be dead or in jail.) (and i have nicer things to say about former President Ahmadinejad than i do about the Saudi royals.) (though i'd prefer a lot Saudi Scholars over Iranian clerics) tough choices in tough times.
I appreciate the clarification.
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
former President Ahmadinejad than i do about the Saudi royals.
Ahmadinejad is a good actor who did nothing except talking, just like Nasrallah and all of the Sheeies. Also add to that not every person who hate Israel is a good person. Russia and China for example, it is just politics things and thats why they are friends with Iran. Alhamdolilah Allah revealed them after Syria and I was just talking to a Lebaneese who told me how everybody hated them after their hypocrite stance.

Originally Posted by Ahmad H
lot Saudi Scholars over Iranian clerics
This is not a prefer thing. The Iranian "clerics" are one of the callers on the gate of hell fires, no way to compare them unless you add beside them priests, Kidyanies and so on . For example al Kumaini Kafir. Any person who pray (dua) in the meaning of asking anybody other than Allah is a Mushrik even he prays and fast. The hypocrite at the time of the prophet prayers and peace be upon him used to pray but Allah said they are hypocrite in many ayat and ahadeeth.


It is also where you can practice your deen and everybody will be held accountable for not moving to a place where they can practice their deen, as it is mentioned clearly in the Quran.
Reply

ArmoredRunner
09-22-2013, 03:54 AM
I would love to live in Oman.
Reply

Snel
09-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
Ahmadinejad is a good actor who did nothing except talking, just like Nasrallah and all of the Sheeies. Also add to that not every person who hate Israel is a good person. Russia and China for example, it is just politics things and thats why they are friends with Iran. Alhamdolilah Allah revealed them after Syria and I was just talking to a Lebaneese who told me how everybody hated them after their hypocrite stance.


This is not a prefer thing. The Iranian "clerics" are one of the callers on the gate of hell fires, no way to compare them unless you add beside them priests, Kidyanies and so on . For example al Kumaini Kafir. Any person who pray (dua) in the meaning of asking anybody other than Allah is a Mushrik even he prays and fast. The hypocrite at the time of the prophet prayers and peace be upon him used to pray but Allah said they are hypocrite in many ayat and ahadeeth.


It is also where you can practice your deen and everybody will be held accountable for not moving to a place where they can practice their deen, as it is mentioned clearly in the Quran.
Well spoken sir!
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 11:59 AM
This is the aya.

Lo! as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they wrong themselves, (the angels) will ask: In what were ye engaged? They will say: We were oppressed in the land. (The angels) will say: Was not Allah's earth spacious that ye could have migrated therein? As for such, their habitation will be hell, an evil journey's end; (97)Except the feeble among men, and the women, and the children, who are unable to devise a plan and are not shown a way. (98)
Reply

Ahmad H
09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't know of any country where Muslims are kept from practicing their faith by any of the Kafirs. There may be certain practices like the Hijab which they keep trying to eradicate, but even that can be averted by fighting for our rights.

Also, give me a reason why you are saying that the Iranian clerics are calling people to the Fire. Are they denying anything from the five pillars of Islam, the six articles of faith, or anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah? I do not accept any such statements unless there is a very good reason. Just be clear too, Allah throws people into the Fire. Is you misjudge anyone, it could be you who Allah decides to throw into the Fire. So be very careful in what you say.
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
I don't know of any country where Muslims are kept from practicing their faith by any of the Kafirs. There may be certain practices like the Hijab which they keep trying to eradicate, but even that can be averted by fighting for our rights.

Also, give me a reason why you are saying that the Iranian clerics are calling people to the Fire. Are they denying anything from the five pillars of Islam, the six articles of faith, or anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah? I do not accept any such statements unless there is a very good reason. Just be clear too, Allah throws people into the Fire. Is you misjudge anyone, it could be you who Allah decides to throw into the Fire. So be very careful in what you say.
Brother I think you have no Idea what Sheas are. Go and research it yourself and let us know. Research what they say about Aisha the most beloved person to our beloved prophet prayers and peace be upon him. Go search what the devil Khumainy says about marrying an infant, what about what they say about Abu Bakir and Omar our prophet's prayers and peace be upon him ministers. OK check what they say about Ahadeeth. Look for what they say about Mahdi and how the prophet prayers and peace be upon him failed in his mission (A clear Kufur). Not enough what about making Dua to Al Albait. Check what are Nusariehy, What Alawai, What is Rafida...etc pls brother dont defend people that you dont know who they are. Your words shows that you have no Idea about their teachings. We dislike ununity more than you do and it is not our hobby to call people that they are misguided or Kafirs but there are stuff that if we agreed on we are going to be like them wa Atho bil Allah from this. Pls share what you have learned afterwards.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not defending them if they are doing wrong. But I will look into it and see what their ideas are about. Until then, all I know is that whoever calls themselves Muslims, must have their statements taken at face value. Allah will decide their fate later on.
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Until then, all I know is that whoever calls themselves Muslims, must have their statements taken at face value. Allah will decide their fate later on.
First I did not say all of them are non Muslims. Second thing Allah told us whoever pray to some one else other than his mighty is a Mushrik and not Muslim, the same thing the disbelievers used to do at the time of the prophet prayers and peace be upon him. These are not my words they are the words of Allah.

Pls if you dont know, you better be silent because you could deceive some people. I know many reverts who were captured with these people and misguided them.
Reply

YusufNoor
09-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
Ahmadinejad is a good actor who did nothing except talking, just like Nasrallah and all of the Sheeies. Also add to that not every person who hate Israel is a good person. Russia and China for example, it is just politics things and thats why they are friends with Iran. Alhamdolilah Allah revealed them after Syria and I was just talking to a Lebaneese who told me how everybody hated them after their hypocrite stance.



This is not a prefer thing. The Iranian "clerics" are one of the callers on the gate of hell fires, no way to compare them unless you add beside them priests, Kidyanies and so on . For example al Kumaini Kafir. Any person who pray (dua) in the meaning of asking anybody other than Allah is a Mushrik even he prays and fast. The hypocrite at the time of the prophet prayers and peace be upon him used to pray but Allah said they are hypocrite in many ayat and ahadeeth.

i didn't know we were allowed to write that. i was being super uber polite.


It is also where you can practice your deen and everybody will be held accountable for not moving to a place where they can practice their deen, as it is mentioned clearly in the Quran.
:sl:

i'm the one who wrote the other stuff. my point is kinda like this:

Muslims are oppressed everywhere! by Muslims, kafirs alike. where a brother may be able to practice, the sisters are oppressed.

when i see a non-straight path Muslim and kafirs do/say something stupid, I DON'T CARE! they are misguided, thus their thoughts, speech and action will be too. I EXPECT IT! (not to say that i don't care about those that they do things to)

when i see the rulers in OUR Holy Land assist in oppressing and murdering Muslims, i want to to totally go "ape", so to speak.

we are brothers, we can handle a little oppression, but to see our Sisters oppressed BY MUSLIMS is just maddening! WHY? we are supposed to know better! when did Sisters become property? when did it become vogue for Sisters to be NOT the most highly educated highly regarded people in the Ummah!

when we start treating our Sisters as they are supposed to be treated, THEN we will have the Mothers we need to help raise the children we need to stop being the proverbial "scum on the water."

rant over, have a nice day.

ma salaama
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
i'm the one who wrote the other stuff.
What other stuff??
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
we are brothers, we can handle a little oppression, but to see our Sisters oppressed BY MUSLIMS is just maddening! WHY? we are supposed to know better! when did Sisters become property? when did it become vogue for Sisters to be NOT the most highly educated highly regarded people in the Ummah!

when we start treating our Sisters as they are supposed to be treated, THEN we will have the Mothers we need to help raise the children we need to stop being the proverbial "scum on the water."
This has nothing to do with the topic! Yes ofcourse we have to treat them right no one can argue about it.
Reply

facethetruth
09-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
when we start treating our Sisters as they are supposed to be treated, THEN we will have the Mothers we need to help raise the children we need to stop being the proverbial "scum on the water."
Are you tablighi ?

Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Muslims are oppressed everywhere! by Muslims, kafirs alike. where a brother may be able to practice, the sisters are oppressed.
I am not oppressed. Alhamdolilah I always defend myself in the U.S., in KSA and any where we just bow to Allah, some tried like in the U.S. and just stopped them the end of the story and Allah was on my side. If somebody oppresses me physically I will defend myself till Allah takes his soul, so inshalah I will never be oppressed either living with honor or die to Paradise inshalah.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
First I did not say all of them are non Muslims. Second thing Allah told us whoever pray to some one else other than his mighty is a Mushrik and not Muslim, the same thing the disbelievers used to do at the time of the prophet prayers and peace be upon him. These are not my words they are the words of Allah.

Pls if you dont know, you better be silent because you could deceive some people. I know many reverts who were captured with these people and misguided them.
Sorry if it seemed like I was distorting your words, but I was making a general statement. I merely meant to clarify to anyone else who thinks they can just denounce those who call themselves Muslim to not do so.

Exactly how were reverts misguided by Shi'is? You've aroused my curiosity. Don't leave me hanging...
Reply

facethetruth
09-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Exactly how were reverts misguided by Shi'is? You've aroused my curiosity. Don't leave me hanging.
I wont brother :) This could be answered in two ways one is short, simply by convincing them with their wrong believes and the long answer is to explain their believes. If you want the long answer then you need to pay me some duas (prayers) after 3 am :) and give me a week and I will make a full thread about them and their believes. 2 weeks ago I had a full week off where I had plenty of time but Allah chose that this happen these days, thats why I need this week.
Reply

Ahmad H
09-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by facethetruth
If you want the long answer then you need to pay me some duas (prayers) after 3 am
Deal. I'll do du'a for you brother.
Reply

facethetruth
09-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Deal. I'll do du'a for you brother.
Inshalah
Reply

facethetruth
09-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Sorry if it seemed like I was distorting your words, but I was making a general statement. I merely meant to clarify to anyone else who thinks they can just denounce those who call themselves Muslim to not do so.

Exactly how were reverts misguided by Shi'is? You've aroused my curiosity. Don't leave me hanging...

Brother I got engaged Alhamdolilah so it would be tough for me to do it but I was welling, tell I found this great article. Pls check it out.

What is the position on the 12 Imams of the Shia, especiallt the later ones?.



Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
The Raafidis, Imamis or Ithna ‘Asharis (“Twelvers”) are one of the branches of Shi’ism. They are called Raafidis because they rejected (rafada) most of the Sahaabah and they rejected the leadership of the two Shaykhs Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, or because they rejected the imamate of Zayd ibn ‘Ali, and deserted him. They called Imamis because they are primarily focused on the issue of imamate, and they made it a basic principle of their religion, or because they claim that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that ‘Ali and his descendents would be imams. They are called Ithna ‘Asharis (“Twelvers”) because they believe in the imamate of twelve men from the Prophet’s family (ahl al-bayt), the first of whom was ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) and the last of whom was Muhammad ibn al-Hasan al-‘Askari, the supposed hidden imam, who they say entered the tunnel of Samarra’ in the middle of the third century AH and he is still alive therein, and they are waiting for him to come out!
They hold beliefs and principles which are contrary to those of the people of Islam, such as the following:
-1-
They exaggerate about their imams, claiming that they are infallible, and they devote many acts of worship to them such as supplication, seeking help, offering sacrifices and tawaaf (circumambulating their tombs). This is major shirk which Allaah tells us will not be forgiven. These acts of shirk are committed by their scholars and common folk alike, without anyone among them objecting to that.
-2-
They say that the Holy Qur’aan has been distorted, and that things have been added and taken away. They have books concerning that which are known to their scholars and many of their common folk, and they even say that believing that the Qur’aan has been distorted is an essential tenet of their beliefs. See the answer to question no. 21500.
-3-
They regard most of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) as kaafirs, and disavow them, and they seek to draw closer to Allaah by cursing and reviling them. They claim that they apostatized after the death of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) except very few (only seven). This is a rejection of the Qur’aan which affirms their virtue, and says that Allaah was pleased with them and chose them to accompany His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It also implies a slur against the Qur’aan itself, because it was transmitted via them; if they were kuffaar then there is no guarantee that they did not distort it or change it. This is what the Raafidis believe anyway, as stated above.
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: As for the one who goes further and claims that they apostatized after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died, apart from a small number, no more than ten or so, or that they became evildoers, there is no doubt that he is a kaafir, because he is rejecting what it says in the Qur’aan in more than one place, that Allaah was pleased with them and praised them. Indeed, the one who doubts that such a person is a kaafir is to be labelled as a kaafir himself, because what this view implies is that those who transmitted the Qur’aan and Sunnah were kuffaar or rebellious evildoers. The verse says “You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:110], and the best of them were the first generation. But according to this view, most of them were kaafirs and rebellious evildoers, and this ummah is the worst of nations and the earliest generations of this ummah were the most evil of them. The fact that this is kufr is something that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing. End quote from al-Saarim al-Maslool ‘ala Shaatim al-Rasool (p. 590).
-4-
They attribute badaa’ to Allaah, i.e., forming a new opinion that was not held before. This implies attribution of ignorance to Allaah, may He be exalted.
-5-
They believe in taqiyah (dissimulation) which means showing outwardly something other than what one feels inside. In fact this is lying and hypocrisy and skill in deceiving people. This is not something that they do at times of fear; rather they regard use of taqiyah as a religious duty for minor and major matters, at times of fear and times of safety. Whatever of truth was narrated from one of their imams, such as praise for the companions of the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or agreeing with Ahl al-Sunnah, even in matters of purification or food and drink, is rejected by the Shi’ah who say that the Imam only said that by way of taqiyah.
-6-
Belief in raja’ah, which is the belief that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the members of his household (ahl al-bayt), ‘Ali, al-Hasan, al-Husayn and the other imams will return. At the same time, Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Uthmaan, Mu’aawiyah, Yazeed, Ibn Dhi’l-Jooshan and everyone who harmed Ahl al-bayt – according to their claims – will also return.
All of these people will return – according to their beliefs – to this world once more before the Day of Resurrection, when the Mahdi reappears, as the enemy of Allaah Ibn Saba’ told them; they will return in order to be punished because they harmed Ahl al-Bayt and transgressed against them and denied them their rights, so they will be severely punished, then they will all die, then they will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection for the final recompense. This is what they believe.
And there are other corrupt beliefs which one can find more details about in the following books, which explain how false they are:
al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb (available in English, translated by Abu Bilal Mustafa al-Kanadi)
Usool Madhhab al-Shi’ah al-Imamiyyah by Dr. Naasir al-Qafaari
Firaq Mu’aasirah tantasib ila al-Islam by Dr. Ghaalib ibn ‘Ali ‘Awaaji (1/127-269)
Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Muyassarah fi’l-Adyaan wa’l-Madhaahib wa’l-Ahzaab al-Mu’aasirah (1/51-57).
See also the answer to question no. 1148 and 10272.
The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked: Is the Imam Shi’ah way part of Islam? Who made it up? Because they, i.e., the Shi’ah, attribute their madhhab to Sayyiduna ‘Ali (may Allaah ennoble his face).
Answer: The Imami Shi’ah madhhab is a fabricated madhhab that has been introduced into Islam. We advise you to read the book al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah and Mukhtasar al-Tuhfah al-Ithna ‘Ashariyyah and Minhaaj al-Sunnah by Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah], which will explain a lot of their innovations.
‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan. End quote.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (2/377).
Secondly:
From the above it is clear that this madhahb is false and that it goes against the beliefs of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and that its beliefs will not be acceptable from anyone, either from their scholars or their common folk.
As for the imams to whom they claim to belong, they are innocent of this lie and falsehood.
There follow the names of these imams:
1- ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) who was martyred in 40 AH.
2- Al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) (3-50 AH)
3- Al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) (4-61 AH)
4- ‘Ali Zayn al-‘Aabideen ibn al-Husayn (38-95 AH), whom they call al-Sajjaad
5- Muhammad ibn ‘Ali Zayn al-‘Aabideen (57-114 AH) whom they call al-Baaqir
6- Ja’far ibn Muhammad al-Baaqir (83-148 AH) whom they call al-Saadiq
7- Moosa ibn Ja’far al-Saadiq (128-148 AH) whom they call al-Kaadim
8- ‘Ali ibn Moosa al-Kaadim (148-203 AH) whom they call al-Rida (Reza)
9- Muhammad al-Jawaad ibn ‘Ali al-Rida’ (195-220 AH) whom they call al-Taqiy
10- ‘Ali al-Haadi ibn Muhammad al-Jawaad (212-254 AH) whom they call al-Naqiy
11- al-Hasan al-‘Askari ibn ‘Ali al-Haadi (232-260) whom they call al-Zakiy
12- Muhammad al-Mahdi ibn al-Hasan al-‘Askari, whom they call al-Hujjah al-Qaa’im al-Muntazar. They claim that he entered a tunnel in Samarra’, but most researchers are of the view that he did not exist at all, and that he is a Shi’i myth.
See: al-Mawsoo’ah al-Muyassarah (1/51).
Ibn Katheer said in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah (1/177): As for what they believe about the tunnel of Samarra’, that is a myth which has no basis in reality and no proof or sound reports. End quote.
Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) divided the Imams of the Ithna ‘Ashari Shi’ah into four categories:
1 – ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib, al-Hasan and al-Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with them). They are noble Sahaabah and no one doubts their virtue and leadership, but many others shared with them the virtue of being companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and among the Sahaabah there are others who were more virtuous than them, based on saheeh evidence from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
2 – ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn, Muhammad ibn ‘Ali al-Baaqir, Ja’far ibn Muhammad al-Saadiq and Moosa ibn Ja’far. They are among the trustworthy and reliable scholars. Manhaaj al-Sunnah (2/243, 244).
3 – ‘Ali ibn Moosa al-Rida, Muhammad ibn ‘Ali ibn Moosa al-Jawaad, ‘Ali ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Ali al-‘Askari, and al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali ibn Muhammad al-‘Askari. Concerning them, Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: They did not show a great deal of knowledge such that the ummah might benefit from them, nor did they have any authority by means of which they could help the ummah. Rather they were like any other Haashimis, they occupy a respected position, and they have sufficient knowledge of what which is needed by them and expected of people like them; it is a type is knowledge that is widely available to ordinary Muslims. But the type of knowledge that is exclusive to the scholars was not present in their case. Therefore seeks of knowledge did not receive from them what they received from the other three. Had they had that which was useful to seekers of knowledge, they would have sought it from them, as seekers of knowledge are well aware of where to go for knowledge. Minhaaj al-Sunnah (6/387).
4 – Muhammad ibn al-Hasan al-‘Askari al-Muntazar (the awaited one). He did not exist at all, as stated above.
And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/101272
Reply

walzkwani
06-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Salam alaykum
Reply

greenhill
06-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Hijrah. That is in essence what it is, right?

Zaria made some very pertinent points. But underlying it all was the intention(s) for it.

I mean even then, one should not just jump blindly just because...

Find out more.

But seeing as I already live in a country I can hear the adhan from several directions, I have never really thought of going somewhere else.

But if I were to want to try something different, it might be to study islam abroad. Middle East somewhere, and of course, al Azhar comes to mind. That is only because it is world famous and I know no other Islamic Higher learning institutions. There must be countless other good ( or quaint) centres scattered around.

It would, I suppose be a kind of a dream to while away more time to understand the deen better . . as I reach retirement age (still a few years away) but worth thinking about. :shade:

:peace:
Reply

Marina-Aisha
06-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Me and my husband thinking moving to morocco why? I want my children to learn quran and study the deen get more close to Allah. My daughter wants to become hafiz (memorise the quran from memory )and become a quran teacher in sha Allah. So we gonna go there on holiday in summer holiday do little research :) have fun also :) but my husbands friend wife lives there and there say great place learn and great place to live. In sha Allah I hope this happens. Also be great if they learn French and arabic also.
Reply

mohibullahsail
08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Masha'allah
Reply

Little_Lion
08-14-2016, 03:20 PM
I would love to move to Oman, but it will not happen except by Allah's grace . . . I am on disability and as such would not be able to support myself there. It appears that Allah has chosen for me to remain in South Dakota. :)
Reply

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 04:00 PM
I wanna move to a muslim country where I am able to hear the athan from every corner:)
Reply

Afif Rusli
08-14-2016, 04:06 PM
Medinah , the home of our beloved prophet muhammad saw and the ansar. I would love to live in medinah.
Reply

anatolian
08-14-2016, 04:21 PM
I think we must define what an Islamic country is? Is it where Muslims live? Or is it a country ruled by Sharia? Or a country who has Islamic values?

For example, I think Scandinavian countries are more "Islamic" than many other countries where Muslims live. They have more values than many other countries where Muslims predominantly live which Islam orders or recommends Muslims to live according to. I would love to move there :)
Reply

Mustafa16
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
I think we must define what an Islamic country is? Is it where Muslims live? Or is it a country ruled by Sharia? Or a country who has Islamic values?

For example, I think Scandinavian countries are more "Islamic" than many other countries where Muslims live. They have more values than many other countries where Muslims predominantly live which Islam orders or recommends Muslims to live according to. I would love to move there :)
her ulke turkiyeden daha muslumandir.....every country is more islamic than turkey
Reply

Mustafa16
08-18-2016, 06:20 PM
I would love to move to Saudi Arabia or Jordan. :) But I don't know if I'd be able to adjust.
Reply

Aaqib
08-18-2016, 06:37 PM
I want to move back to Sri Lanka since they need more muslims (primarily buddhist country)
^That's just in response to "we should spread islam throughout one country"

Or maybe Indonesia, Denmark, Netherlands, idk.

Yeah.. I'll stick with Sri Lanka :) Hopefully my kids and wife (Insha'Allah) will decide to live in SL rather than move to America like my dad did. It's tough living here in America :(
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
I want to move back to Sri Lanka since they need more muslims (primarily buddhist country)
^That's just in response to "we should spread islam throughout one country"

Or maybe Indonesia, Denmark, Netherlands, idk.

Yeah.. I'll stick with Sri Lanka :) Hopefully my kids and wife (Insha'Allah) will decide to live in SL rather than move to America like my dad did. It's tough living here in America :(
Is there a reason you want to move to Sri Lanka? Where is your family originally from?
Reply

Aaqib
08-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Is there a reason you want to move to Sri Lanka? Where is your family originally from?
Sri Lanka
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
Sri Lanka
I see. You know, there are some narrations which state that when Nabi Aadam عليه السلام was sent down to this Dunyaa, he landed in Sri Lanka. Allaahu A`lam.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!