/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need advice in one thing....

xboxisdead
09-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Yesterday my mom showed me a youtube clip of an imam in Saudi Arabia praying in front of the Ka'aba in Saudi Arabia and he is praying Fajir prayer. In his prayer he start to weep like a little baby as he is reciting the Quran and it toke like 3 to 4 minutes of weeping before he was able to resume back reciting the Surah. I watched him and was envious that he is able to weep this much and I cannot even weep when I am prostrating to Allah (SWT) or reading Quran. When I am making Dua to Allah (SWT) as I am prostrating I am not weeping, when I am praying I am not weeping, when I read Quran I am not weeping...when I listen to Quran I am not weeping....even when I went to Haj last year and saw the Ka'aba I was not weeping and I was even asking myself why I was not weeping while my mom she was weeping like a baby. She have this closeness in Allah (SWT) that I want to have....any idea what I can do...to achieve this closeness. I want to weep for the right reason and not just weep for the sake of weeping....maybe I am looking at it wrong....it is not the weeping itself that I want...is...that closeness, is that soften heart, is that love of Allah (SWT) in my heart is what I want...is what I want to seek....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Undoubtedly your feelings of regret for missing out on this blessing is a very good sign.Lets make it easy for you Insha Allah

For what or whom you can weep for??

Abdul Fattah
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Aselam aleykum
Take a step closer to Allah subhana wa ta'ala and he will run to you. Maybe you're going about it in to much of. Technical way? Trying to earn points by reciting/praying and doing good deeds. Maybe you should put more focus on what's in your heart. You said it yourself , what you really want is the closeness, so try working on that. Next to the prayer, make allot of dua,like having a constant one-way conversation in your heart. If you make sure Allah subhana wa ta'ala is constantly in your mind, he will be in your heart as well.

h-n
09-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I think you find there is a problem in this world were there are those that read on the stories of old and treat themselves as if they have experienced the same thing or walk around as if they are similar to so and so when they are not.

Allah gave you life, you need to carry on with your test, and strive taking in your other threads in account, you need to concentrate on praying and working, and stop worrying if your not like so and so, as Allah helps those who strive-which isn't were you just go a a shop and ask for what you want its about working and helping others.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karl
09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Yesterday my mom showed me a youtube clip of an imam in Saudi Arabia praying in front of the Ka'aba in Saudi Arabia and he is praying Fajir prayer. In his prayer he start to weep like a little baby as he is reciting the Quran and it toke like 3 to 4 minutes of weeping before he was able to resume back reciting the Surah. I watched him and was envious that he is able to weep this much and I cannot even weep when I am prostrating to Allah (SWT) or reading Quran. When I am making Dua to Allah (SWT) as I am prostrating I am not weeping, when I am praying I am not weeping, when I read Quran I am not weeping...when I listen to Quran I am not weeping....even when I went to Haj last year and saw the Ka'aba I was not weeping and I was even asking myself why I was not weeping while my mom she was weeping like a baby. She have this closeness in Allah (SWT) that I want to have....any idea what I can do...to achieve this closeness. I want to weep for the right reason and not just weep for the sake of weeping....maybe I am looking at it wrong....it is not the weeping itself that I want...is...that closeness, is that soften heart, is that love of Allah (SWT) in my heart is what I want...is what I want to seek....
Maybe he has lost a loved one or he has suffered in other ways in life. It is hard to weep when you have no pain in your heart.

straightpath1
09-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Stay away from sins as much as u can also try to extra acts of worship .. Such as getting up to pray thajjud .. I pray that u get closer to Allah swt Ameen .. i pray that Allah gives u soo much happiness in this world as well as in the hereafter Ameen .. I pray that Allah answers all ur prayers Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!