/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praise your teachers

Taabuu
09-12-2013, 10:48 AM

In my country, Teachers Day falls on Sep 28, and it’s the best time to show your appreciation and thank your teachers for being the guiding light in your life. :statisfie

Teachers' Day is intended to be a special day for the appreciation of teachers. They are not only selfless givers but also the mentors of your life.

Have you come cross teachers who devote their entire lives to the enlightenment of students?

Many times in life, you feel like thanking your teachers but you cannot find the proper occasion.

Today is the day for you to deliver your thanks and appreciation to your teachers. :smile:

You're invited to praise your teachers. Tell us how they guided you, inspired you or changed you in any way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-12-2013, 11:36 AM
:sl:

never heard of this day. How many countries celebrate it ?

observer
09-12-2013, 01:18 PM
As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate. Although suspiciously, it seems that none of my students know about it... ;D

ardianto
09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
In Indonesia the Teacher Day is in November 25.

format_quote Originally Posted by observer
As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate. Although suspiciously, it seems that none of my students know about it... ;D
In what school do you teach? elementary? high school? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-12-2013, 02:55 PM
As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate.
That sounds a great idea! Partly because I am teacher too...

;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
5th September in India

observer
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
In Indonesia the Teacher Day is in November 25.

In what school do you teach? elementary? high school? :)

No, in an English academy teaching English as a foreign language. So I suppose my students can always say that they didn't understand when I said that they had to bring in chocolate!

tearose
09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I have worked as a teacher too, but I don't agree with days like this, just like I don't agree with mother's day, father's day etc. We are supposed to respect people and treat them well all year round, not pick a day and celebrate it.

sister herb
09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
World Teachers' Day, held annually on October 5th since 1994, commemorates teachers’ organizations worldwide. Its aim is to mobilize support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers.

According to UNESCO, World Teachers' Day represents a significant token of the awareness, understanding and appreciation displayed for the vital contribution that teachers make to education and development.

Education International (EI) (the global union federation that represents education professionals worldwide) strongly believes that World Teachers' Day should be internationally recognized and celebrated around the world. EI also believes that the principles of the 1966 and 1997 Recommendations should be considered for implementation in all nations.

Over 100 countries observe World Teachers' Day. The efforts of Education International and its 401 member organizations have contributed to this widely spread recognition. Every year, EI launches a public awareness campaign to highlight the contributions of the teaching profession.

Source: Wikipedia

sister herb
09-12-2013, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
I have worked as a teacher too, but I don't agree with days like this, just like I don't agree with mother's day, father's day etc. We are supposed to respect people and treat them well all year round, not pick a day and celebrate it.
I agree with you - but only partly. Reason: I still hope to get some chocolate... :p (Seems I have to tell about this day to some of my students.)

observer
09-12-2013, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I agree with you - but only partly. Reason: I still hope to get some chocolate... :p (Seems I have to tell about this day to some of my students.)

It doesn't matter where you're from, what religion or race you are, if you're a teacher - you want chocolate :shade:

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

never heard of this day. How many countries celebrate it ?

th?idH4885985989625457&amppid151&ampw126&amph161&ampp0 -
Sister, In many countries Teacher's Day are intented to be special days for the appreciation of teachers and may include celebrations to honour them for their special contributions in particular field area.
The date on which Teacher's day is celebrated varies from countries to countries.
We also celebrated Music Day.

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
Wow, many teachers here.:statisfie
TEACHING IS A NOBLE PROFESSION:)

Teachers have an influencing role in the life of every student. They are like beacons of light, guiding us in the formative years of our life. Teachers mould us and in the process and shape our future. What we learn from our teachers remains with us, throughout our life. However, very often, we fail to show our appreciation and gratitude for their altruistic devotion. Teachers do need encouragement and support from the community to feel that their efforts are being recognized. To serve the purpose, Teacher's Day is celebrated throughout the world, year by year. By celebrating National Teacher's Day, we thank our teachers for providing us their invaluable guidance.

Since Teacher's Day is observed on different dates in different countries of the world, the celebrations also vary. In many countries, cultural programs are held, which may include singing competitions, dance and play performances. The students would offer flowers, greeting cards and gifts as the token of affection, to the teachers. The latest trend is to organize Teacher's Day party. Students are keen about throwing a lavish party for their teachers, to show how much they care and respect them. The occasion can be celebrated in myriad other ways as well. Whatever the way you have chosen to amuse your teacher, it should convey your message to him/her, very convincingly.

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Sir, this is for you. Enjoy it.

sister herb
09-13-2013, 09:03 AM
We don´t have celebrations in here at the Teachers´ day but no problem... My students bring me sometimes little presents anyways - not at some particular day. Like some weeks ago I met family of some my new students (I just help them with they homeworks) and they family gave me a huge bag of fruits.

:p Sometimes it is yummy to be a teacher.

observer
09-13-2013, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taabuu
Sir, this is for you. Enjoy it.

Perfect - no homework for you! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!