/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Motor Club of America Roadside Assistance Service Halal To Use?

Mustafa2012
09-17-2013, 10:24 PM
:salam:

I know this is not the ideal place for fatwas but have any of you used or know the ruling for using Motor Club of America Roadside Assistance Service?

It's a monthly paid breakdown cover service with different priced plans.

Some of the benefits include compensation in the event of accidents and death etc.

Just wondering if some of the additional benefits besides roadside assistance, would class as a kind of insurance?

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Aselam aleykum.
I'm not sure I understand you. Why wouldn't insurance be halal?

Mustafa2012
09-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Aselam aleykum.
I'm not sure I understand you. Why wouldn't insurance be halal?
I am not a scholar but just someone who aspires to be a student of knowledge. According to what I've been told by people of knowledge and what I've read, car insurance is permitted on the basis of necessity as it is a requirement by law however life insurance and accident insurance are not considered necessities by Islamic law. Even according to Western Law, you are not required to take out life or accident insurance.

According to Islamic law, taking out life insurance and accident insurance are considered as gambling because they are a type of transaction where the outcome and return is unknown. It is also classed as a type of riba.

I spoke to a scholar today and he explained that using roadside assistance breakdown services is allowed on the basis of necessity. However he was of the view that paying for accident or life insurance was not permitted.

According to Islam-qa.com, if an accident takes place, compensation is usually sought from the person responsible for the accident. This is known as "Diyah", a type of payment made to compensate for loss of property or life. Whether the compensation comes from the person himself or his insurance company you are not held responsible for that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!