/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Muslimah Contest

alya1
09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Assalamualaikum,
Just asking for sisters and brothers opinion about this contest, World Muslimah.
ads2.kompas.com/layer/wmf/03/

Wassalam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
09-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Waalikum Assalaam

When you're doing 'hijab modelling' all eyes are going to be on you, it defeats the purpose of hijab altogether.Do I need to say more?

GodIsAll
09-18-2013, 07:45 PM
All religious tenets aside, beauty pageants are ridiculous in any culture or society. Pretty shallow stuff. I don't know how anyone can feel pride in being a winner.

Without bias or humility, my wife is a beautiful woman, but there are beautiful women all over the world. That doesn't make them "beautiful people". I love her and married her for her beautiful mind and heart, which are her most beautiful assets of all.

As we both approach our 50's and chunk up a bit, lose hair and all that comes with it, she is still my favorite person and the most admirable human I have ever known.

Urban Turban
09-19-2013, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alya1
Assalamualaikum,
Just asking for sisters and brothers opinion about this contest, World Muslimah.
ads2.kompas.com/layer/wmf/03/

Wassalam :)
Bigger show of foolishness than the Miss World pageant itself...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
02-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Re: Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person

How do Muslims go about choosing a spouse?

The choice of a marriage partner is one of the most important decisions a person will make in his or her lifetime. It should not be taken lightly, nor left to chance or hormones. It should be taken as seriously as any other major decision in life - with prayer, careful investigation, and family involvement.

How do potential spouses meet?
First of all, Muslim youth develop very close friendships with their same-sex peers. This "sisterhood" or "brotherhood" that develops when they are young continues throughout their lives, and serves as a network to become familiar with other families. When a young person decides to get married, the following steps often take place:

• The young person makes du'a for Allah to help him or her find the right person.
  • The family enquires, discusses, and suggests candidates from among the network of people that they know. They consult with each other to narrow down potential prospects. Usually the father or mother approaches the other family to suggest a meeting.
  • If the young couple and their families agree, the couple meets in a chaperoned, group environment. Umar related that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Not one of you should meet a woman alone unless she is accompanied by a relative (mahram)." The Prophet also reportedly said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman, Satan is the third among them." When young people are getting to know each other, being alone together is a temptation toward wrongdoing. At all times, Muslims should follow the commands of the Qur'an (24:30-31) to "lower their gaze and guard their modesty...." Islam recognizes that we are human and are given to human weakness, so this rule provides safeguards for our own sake.
  • If the couple seems compatible, the families may investigate further - talking with friends, family, Islamic leaders, co-workers, etc. to learn about the character of the potential spouse.
  • Before making a final decision, the couple prays salat-l-istikhara (prayer for guidance) to seek Allah's help and guidance.
  • The couple agrees to pursue marriage or part ways. Islam has given this freedom of choice to both young men and women - they cannot be forced into a marriage that they don't want.

This type of focused courtship helps ensure the strength of the marriage, by drawing upon family elders' wisdom and guidance in this important life decision. Family involvement in the choice of a marriage partner helps assure that the choice is based not on romantic notions, but rather on a careful, objective evaluation of the compatibility of the couple. That is why these marriages often prove successful in the long-term.

Link

Zabel
07-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Can it work to marry someone at least if not more so committed to his faith but a little less traditional?

Scimitar
03-20-2015, 06:57 PM
So I saw the whole thing on BBC i-player last night - it wasn't quite what i was expecting, put it that way...

...for those of you who are curious, here you go:

Scimi

BeTheChange
03-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Well, i have downloaded the doc from i-player will be watching it soon in sha Allah but don't agree with it if am honest. As Signor rightly stated it does defeat the purpose of the hijaab. Hijaab isn't for show, it should be a reminder, for identity purposes, for protection, for modesty, to please Allah swa!

Not to compete with each other to see who can wear their hijaab the prettiest.

May Allah swa keep us all in check of our intentions - keep us on the right path and if we are misguided - may Allah swa put us on the right track Ameen,

sister herb
03-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Pathetic. What if some of them would use niqab? Then anybody couldnĀ“t see hers painted face at all. Or not use the lastest fashion dresses.

:mmokay:

There is no need to copy the western ways of the beauty contest. The only contest of beign a good muslimah is this life. It should be enough to all of us. At the Judgement Day we will know who is the winner - hopely we all will be.

:statisfie

ardianto
03-21-2015, 02:09 AM
In Indonesia there are many hijabi sisters who active in various fields such as business, medicine, education, social activities, etc. Many of them have good achievement, and even few of them have better achievement than mostly of males. But they are not interested to become "Miss Muslimah".

Yes, this contest is copy of the western ways of the beauty contest. And I wonder why there are hijabi sisters who interested to compete in contest like this. Why don't they try to get good achievement in fields like science, engineering, etc, and show the world that Muslim women are not under the men' heel?.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!