/* */

PDA

View Full Version : InSights - Series made by Scimitar Productions

Jedi_Mindset
09-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I would like to share a new mini series from Scimitar that gives the viewer insights into Islamic thought. inSights brings you bite sized information (sometimes unexpected, sometimes full of unwavering wisdom, other times full of inspirational knowledge, from leading scholars and students of knowledge in Islam. All praise to Allah for HE bestows knowledge upon whom HE wills.

From Scimitar:

So, what do I hope to achieve in making such a series? well, I'd like for both Muslims and Non-Muslims alike to take a look at authentic Islam as presented to us by the true Scholars and not these ragtag bunch of so called scholars who promote war and worse. I wanted to represent the ideals, the nuances, the intrigues, and the arguments which often get played out on the web regarding Islam, and so - I took on the beautifully inspirational task of making it happen.

All the good from this work is inspired by Allah and only the mistakes are mine.
This is part 0:

Post 911, the media machine propagates a mutual disdain for both Islam and Christianity. Over the years it dawns upon us, that secular ideals have no tolerance for the worlds two most adhered to religions - Christianity and especially Islam.

-----

So what do you think of it? Suggestions are always welcome, :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
09-20-2013, 01:59 AM
I think it's a good idea. Keep exposing the falsehood so people see the stupidity behind it. I see huge anti-Islamic websites all over the web now. These anti-Islamic sentiments keep spreading and people think it's ok to be against it but for secular ideals.

In fact, I thought today about how secular ideals are no different from being anti-religious ideals. The same people who are against religion, or who don't care about it, mostly promote these secular ideals. I don't think I agree with secularism, even though it is itself not against religion, because the people who uphold it have the intention to eradicate religion under the name of secularism. It is an agenda, not an ideal that is being brought about. Islam is against the Western society's way of living, so it seems to affect people here wanting to do whatever they want without being censured by our ideals. Yet, these very same people who spread their ideals all over the world call it progress when countries become "Westernized". And any country which adopts Islamic Shari'a is "backward" and living in the past.

So go on brother, you have my full support in this. This web of deceit spun by these people is nothing but the work of the Dajjal. Expose this great liar and keep up the fight against him. This anti-Islamic disease spreading around the world has to eventually stop. Ayan Hirsi is a Kazzab who deserves to be denounced heavily and with no remorse. She should be given bad propaganda for her hate views and called out for her false ideals. Any other people like her should be denounced heavily.

Jedi_Mindset
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Thank you brother Ahmad for the support :)

Here is episode 1, note; the piano sounds were already added in the clip and unfortunately bro scimitar couldnt remove them.

Did you know how much sahabi Bilal RA, the first black Muslim - loved the Prophet Muhammad pbuh? Less than 5 minutes of your time will inspire you to love the prophet pbuh more in sha Allah. Welcome to inSights series.

May Allah guide us all to a better understanding, Ameen.

Speaker: Shaikh Habib Ali Al Jifri

Sir Fluffy
09-23-2013, 12:12 AM
There is a major issue with this video. The first one in which Ayaan Hirsi Ali speaks.

Tavis Smiley says there are more examples of Christians committing mass murder than Muslims. This is incorrect since none of these shootings where done in the name of religion.

This is a very false assertion that could easily harm your opinions and be used as bias.

Just sayin' dude.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
09-23-2013, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy
There is a major issue with this video. The first one in which Ayaan Hirsi Ali speaks.

Tavis Smiley says there are more examples of Christians committing mass murder than Muslims. This is incorrect since none of these shootings where done in the name of religion.
Much in the same way the twin towers weren't done in the name of religion either, right? :)

tell me - why do the Westboro church members blow up abortion clinics in America? Is it political? or is it because Christianity disagrees with abortion? *hint*

Anyway,

The title should have given you a hint - Requiem for a Reality. Something dead. ;)

Did you read the video description?

Post 911, the media machine propagates a mutual disdain for both Islam and Christianity. Over the years it dawns upon us, that secular ideals have no tolerance for the worlds two most adhered to religions - Christianity and Islam.

A dance where each party competes for the greater shame.
The media has engineered your thoughts, your opinions, your world view - whether you like it or not. And you chose to be indoctrinated through this medium, no matter whether you believe what the media shows or not. The very fact that you still keep watching the lies, should tell you something. That it's all very much designed to get a "reaction" out of you.

So, what is inSights?

Simply put, a series for those who can read between the lines. I'm afraid you didn't unfortunately. Give the series a chance. The Ayaan Hirsi episode is a "prelude", to a series, nothing more, nothing less - the rest of the series is taking shape alhamdulillah. You'll see things that will make you gasp, wonder and frown - it's designed to make you "think".

And I believe it did - hence you posted :)

Assalaam alaikum

Scimi

EDIT: next episode will be up in a few days, soon as i get the chance to render it in sha Allah. It will be inSightful, to say the least :)

Ahmad H
09-23-2013, 01:03 AM
I watched the video Jedi_Mindset, and it really softened my heart. Jazakallah for giving such a good video. There should be more videos than this.

Now my support for you is even stronger. I think if more of us Muslims saw this their love for Rasulullah (saw) would develop even further. It was a good point brought up in this video. How should we really feel when we hear of Rasulullah (saw)? We should feel this great love for him like we feel for no one else. Hazrat Bilal (ra) is truly inspirational.

On another note, have you watched the Umar (ra) series on youtube? That is a very good series, and Mashallah, I believe it was done really well. We should keep spreading this series to all of the Muslim brothers and sisters out there, so those who have not read the Seeras of Rasulullah (saw) can see the life of the Sahaba (ra). Maybe you might be able to use some material from there as well. Just a thought.

Keep up the great work. May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Scimitar
09-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Brother Ahmad H, there are more episodes up already :) Click my signature to be taken to the channel :)

Brother Jedi_Mindset will be posting the videos here, in a timely fashion. He's part of the promotions team and is doing a good job so far alhamdulillah :)

Scimi

Ahmad H
09-23-2013, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Brother Ahmad H, there are more episodes up already
Jazakallah. I am going to keep watching them until I've caught up with what's already there.

Scimitar
09-23-2013, 01:21 AM
so far, there are episodes 0, 1, 2, and 3 uploaded to our channel :)

ep 4 will be up in a few days in sha Allah. Thank you for watching the series bro. Don't forget to like/thumbs up and subscribe to our channel for updates on upcoming vids from us. It really helps us out, and keeps us motivated to do this work :)

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
09-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Insights 2 - Discourse

Shariah, Homosexuality, Mercy, and rulings on Dhimmi's all in under 3 minutes.
inSights brings you bite sized information (sometimes unexpected, sometimes full of unwavering wisdom, other times full of inspirational knowledge, from leading scholars and students of knowledge. All praise to Allah for HE bestows knowledge upon whom HE wills.

Speaker: Shaikh Hamza Yusuf Hansen

Jedi_Mindset
09-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Insights 3 - Inner sight?

When Jerome Clare, a blind Canadian man learned about the remarkable journey of Malcolm X, his own journey into Islam had begun.

He is now known also as Abu Hafsah Abdul Malik Clare, he became a Muslim in 1996.

---

'How could something like this be hidden from us?' 'How is that fair?'

Scimitar
09-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Whether you are a Jew, Christian or a Muslim, your faith demands that you are a monotheist - believing in 1 GOD, not 2, not 3, not 300... Jewish Rabbi - Rav Ron Chaya - aligns Islamic monotheism with Jewish Monotheism in this video, claiming they are one and the same. I'd have to agree, though our practices may differ, we still worship the same God. The God of Ibraheem (upon whom be peace and blessings of Allah)

Speaker: Rabbi Rav Ron Chaya

Scimi

greenhill
10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Salaams.

Episode 1 not only soften my heart, I had tears welling up in my eyes and streaming down my cheeks. Oh Bilaal! I feel with you... Thank you for sharing it.

Can't watch the other episodes yet.... Will do later-ish...

Peace and thanks :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!