/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The forbidden tree of knowledge

The-Forgiven
09-21-2013, 05:08 PM
So, I am extremely curious, if this tree were to exist would it still be forbidden now that 'pandora' is already out of the box?
Technically, eating the forbidden fruit created evil and diseases, etc..?

A few questions -

Does it exist on earth? (from my knowledge i dont find anything stating it does in the quran)

Does it mention consequences and would there be any for finding and eating the apple now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
09-21-2013, 07:13 PM
I guess you have made a mixture out of Biblical and Quranic verses when it comes to getting knowledge about forbidden tree.Besides this,to answer your question one needs to know where Heaven exists,certainly beyond our limited senses.I will leave you with this reflection by Qazi Ashfaq Ahmad

The Forbidden Tree
Al-Baqara (The Cow) - Chapter 2: Verse 35

"And we said: 'O Adam, you and your wife, both dwell in the Garden and eat freely thereof whatever you may wish but do not go near this tree, otherwise you shall become wrong-doers.'"

This tree was a trial of abstinence. Since will and determination cannot be ascertained until one has proved the practise of abstinence, will and determination are the only distinction between human and animals.

When Adam, peace be upon him, made the mistake of approaching the forbidden tree, Allah made the decision to have him and Eve, peace be upon her, thrown out of Paradise and sent down to earth. Actually it was planned that the struggle between right and wrong should be carried out on earth.

As Adam was created for life on earth, why was this scene enacted in Paradise? This experience in heaven was a kind of preparation for Adam so that he knew how to use the faculties bestowed upon him. It was done to make Adam alert to temptation, become acquainted with error, and learn to ask for Allah's forgiveness. Temptation by Satan, the realisation of mistakes, asking for forgiveness and the acceptance of forgiveness by Allah is the cycle that every human being has to face in this world. This story then is a reminder to the whole of mankind.

جوري
09-22-2013, 04:20 AM
who said the tree was of 'knowledge'?
وَعَلَّمَ آدَمَ الأَسْمَاء كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى الْمَلاَئِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنبِئُونِي بِأَسْمَاء هَـؤُلاء إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

WaAAallama adama alasmaa kullaha thumma AAaradahum AAala almalaikati faqala anbioonee biasmai haolai in kuntum sadiqeena
2:31 And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the nature of these if ye are right."

Does that not denote that all the knowledge in the world is already in us we've to but seek and find it?
just a thought!

Signor
09-22-2013, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
who said the tree was of 'knowledge'?
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
I guess you have made a mixture out of Biblical and Quranic verses when it comes to getting knowledge about forbidden tree.
From Book Of Enoch:17
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes- indeed he mixed things!!

Jerbi
09-23-2013, 07:19 AM
The tree might have been like any other tree. there might have millions that looked exactly like. But God said that particular tree is forbidden.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!