/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Coke and Pepsi contain ALCOHOL, reveals French research

Muslim Woman
09-22-2013, 04:24 PM
:sl:

No wonder so many people like it!

Coca-Cola and Pepsi contain minute traces of alcohol, scientific research published in France has revealed.

The revelation will cause concern among those who chose the carbonated soft drink for religious, health or safety reasons.

According to tests carried out by the Paris-based National Institute of Consumption (INC) more than half of leading colas contain the traces of alcohol.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2fdgWGc7m

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
09-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Nowt to worry bout

Mr Pepin added: ‘Furthermore, the Paris Mosque has provided us with a certificate stating that our products can be consumed by the Muslim community in line with the religious opinions of the Committee of the Mosque of Paris.’
A spokesman for Pepsi acknowledged that ‘some soft drinks can contain minute traces of alcohol because of the ingredients used,’ although ‘ the Pepsi Cola recipe does not contain alcohol ‘.

Both companies suggested that natural fruit can ferment and produce minute traces of alcohol.

Sir Fluffy
09-22-2013, 06:14 PM
The amount of alcohol present in Pepsi and Coke is residual so nobody can even notice it. The alcohol come from the sanitation process or the excessive corn syrup they use. Alcohol is a bacterial sterilizer by the way.
Corn syrup can be used to make a strong alcohol beverage called bourbon which is one of the strongest liquors next to moonshine and vodka. This will occur naturally as soft drink are kept in vacuumed containers.

Our very own bodies produce alcohol naturally due tot he sugar compounds we absorb in out stomachs from fruit and the deoxidization of the red blood cells to blue is evident of this.

I am a drinker of hard liquor(anything in excess of over 40% or more) and I can easily tell you that Cola nor Pepsi contain any significant amount of alcohol. The alcohol found within it are there for good reason.

If you worry about this than you should worry about every other thing you drink including water as it to had trace amounts of alcohol.

rehan125
09-26-2013, 06:54 PM
I personally dont like soft drinks as Muslim we should boycott this as if it contains alcohol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
observer
09-26-2013, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rehan125
I personally dont like soft drinks as Muslim we should boycott this as if it contains alcohol
Any drink with sugar can (potentially) contain alcohol - fresh fruit juices for example may well contain small amounts of alcohol. Alcohol occurs naturally as the by product of yeast acting on sugar. Wild yeasts are more or less everywhere, floating around in the air. So anywhere that you have sugary liquids, you have the possibility of alcohol.

Jedi_Mindset
09-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Even if it didnt contain alcohol, it is still bad - I mean any drinks who can remove rust should be avoided.

Sir Fluffy
09-27-2013, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rehan125
Boycott for what? If it contains alcohol then there is nothing to do about it.

It occurs naturally and if you boycott it because it is a soft drink then so what?

I do not see the logic in this. Secular or religious.

ardianto
09-27-2013, 06:20 AM

Black and green "tape ketan", made from fermented black or white ketan rice that contain alcohol due to making process. But ulama in Indonesia allow people to consume tape ketan because they are not categorized as khamr (intoxicant). Even tape ketan is favorite food in Eid-ul Fitr in Indonesia.

Not everything that contain alcohol is khamr, and not every khamr contain alcohol.

About Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola. The test was done in 2012, but until now Coca Cola and Pepsi still produced and distributed in Muslim majority countries. Ulama did not say they are haram.

It's better if we don't say halal or haram without reference from ulama.

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Good thing I hate soda ;-)

umairlooms
08-12-2015, 10:50 AM
0.001% in a litre?

i believe even an apple left out for a day might contain that much.

taherdawoodi
08-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Pepsi doesn't not contain alcohol as in ingredient - it is not added in there during the manufacturing process.

Abz2000
08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
since we're on the topic of alcohol, i may aswell ask a question that's intriguing me,
does anyone know if the word kahla (as in mahdi wa kahla) has anything to do with al-kahul?
it was obviosly a bad habit/past-time drink of adults while it was halal so any clues?

Snow
08-28-2015, 05:51 PM
I avoid them because they do nothing good for me.
Having traces of alcohol is the last of my worries with gross drinks like Coke/Pepsi.

If I am thirsty, I just have some water.
With an urge for some taste, I go with some tea.

Berries'forest
08-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Interesting article. It's been years since I last drank pepsi or cola. I just don't like the tatse, I drink 7up but I hope it doesn't contain alcohol either.

Ahmed2014
09-27-2015, 10:47 PM
I read this many years ago, the ulema don't deem this haram, it was a study that found traces, but it was as some have already explained in this thread, from the natural process of fermentation.

How is alcohol made? It's fermentation of fruits. Fermentation of sugar. Alcohol is basically sugar transformed into ethanol through a chemical process.

So it's got nothing to do with coca cola having alcohol added to it.

Either way no one should be drinking ANY soda beverages. The sugar in it is not good for you. Soda beverages turn your blood acidic which prevents absorption of minerals. The list is large.

I would share a few links to my website on coca cola articles but unfortunately I don't have a high enough post count.

Abz2000
10-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Here's something that may shed some light on the topic, i prefer sprite, fruit juice or milk anyway but drink coke and pepsi when it's served.

Do You Like Cheese?

November 25, 2008 - الثلاثاء 27 ذو القعدة 1429*by*Anwar alAwlaki***

Filed under*Imam Anwar's Blog

114 Comments

Cheese is great. So if you are a fan of cheese you might be asking yourself the question, is cheese made by non-Muslims allowed or not?

Well if it is cheese made from vegetarian rennet then there is no concern but the issue is with cheese made from natural rennet.
Rennet is extracted from the stomachs of calves and contains enzymes that are used in the cheese making process.
Below are quotes from scholars of the four schools:

Al Mabsoot, a Hannafi reference, states: “Cheese is halal even if it is made by Zoroastrians (polytheists of Persia who used to worship fire) because it is narrated that a servant of Salman al Farisi, when he was a governor of al Mada’in, brought him a basket full of cheese along with some bread and a knife. Salman (ra) would cut pieces of the cheese and hand it out to his companions and would explain to them how cheese is made.”

The Maliki book,*Manh al Jaleel*says that “Imam Malik disliked cheese because it was made by rennet of animals that are not slaughtered according to Sharia rules (maitah).” The author quotes another Maliki scholar, Abu Ishaaq al Tunusi as saying that “the cheese of the Zoroastrians is definitely haram but the cheese of the people of the book is halal.”

In*Sharh al Bahja, a Shafi’I reference, cheese is allowed as long as the rennet is obtained from a properly slaughtered halal animal that is only feeding on milk otherwise the contents of its stomach are*najis*(impure).

Kashaaf al Qinaa’*in Hanbali fiqh states that the cheese of the Zoroastrians and other polytheists is allowed even if it is made from rennet of animals they slaughtered. Which means that the cheese made by the People of the Book is also allowed.

By far the most detailed in his discussion of the topic is Ibn Taymiyyah. He talks about it in the*fatawa*v4-p396, v5-p29, and v9-p218, 240 and 241.
He states that there are two opinions regarding the cheese of the animal that is not slaughtered according to sharia rules. According to Imam Abu Hanifa and one narration from Imam Ahmad it is halal (keep in mind that we are talking about the rennet and not the meat of the animal). The other opinion is that it is*najis*and that is according to Imam Malik, al Shafi’i, and the other narration from Imam Ahmad. The stronger opinion is that it is halal because when the Sahaba opened the land of Iraq they ate from the cheese of the Zoroastrians and this was common among them.

Ibn Taymiyyah was further asked about the cheese imported from the*Ifranj. The*Ifranj*is Arabic of ‘the Franks’ and this was the name given to the people of Western Europe. Since the largest group among the early crusading armies where the French, the Arabs called all the peoples of Western Europe*Ifranj.
The summary of Ibn Taymiyyah’s answer is that the reason some say their cheese is haram is because when they ship it by sea they seal it with lard and secondly because they do not slaughter their cows but they kill them by striking their heads. He responds to the first concern by saying that sealing the cheese with lard does not make it all impure but only the parts that touch the lard. If that part is removed the rest is halal. Rasulullah was asked about a rat that falls into butter and dies. He said remove the rat and the butter around it and eat the rest. If a rat does not contaminate the butter it falls into, how can we claim that all the cheese becomes impure when the lard is only on its surface?

His response to the second concern is that it is reported that they do not kill all their animals by striking the head but they only do that with cows, and even then, they would still slaughter the cow after it falls down and this does not make the animal haram. And even if we would consider this animal to be haram there are two opinions concerning the rennet extracted from it.
In conclusion it is the opinion of Ibn Taymiyyah that cheese is halal not only if it is made by the People of the Book but even if it is made by polytheists.

Obviously these quotations from the scholars are on cheese*per se*and do not take into account the economical boycott considerations that Muslims may have against certain nations.
Some of our historians mention that a barbaric polytheistic people would raid al Andalus every now and then. These where from the Scandinavian states. They were Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. They were men of the sea and would attack the Muslim coastal areas of the Iberian peninsula and kill and pillage before disappearing again into the seas. They once reached all the way up to Seville but where driven out back to the sea after a total stay of around forty days. Some of them stayed behind in al Andalus in a place called Shuraish and became Muslim and lived on raising cows. Since they were experts in dairy products, the cheese of Shuraish became famous and they would make a pastry from it called mujabinaat. Apparently this treat was so good there was a famous saying in al Andalus that “whoever visits Shuraish and does not have mujabinaat is deprived.” There are even lines of poetry talking about*mujabinaat.
Talk about fans of cheese!

the reader comments are precious too, makes me wish i hadn't spurned him on the bus back in 2004 - i thought he ws cia just coz of his u.s accent.

http://cryptome.org/anwar-alawlaki/08-1125.htm

Scimitar
10-13-2015, 03:43 PM
*puts phone down, looks at Indiano Pizza takeaway leaflet, frowns*

Thanks Abz :D

Scimi

M.I.A.
10-13-2015, 06:50 PM
The whole thing is bogus..

Coke and Pepsi have had "alcohol" in them for decades.. If not longer.

McDonalds is haram for various reasons, from cheese to fryers that share the same oil or... Because they support Israel.

...which is great because now Muslims share even more common ground with them as this is exactly how they act in regards to how they classify kosher.. If not even more stringently.

On the flip side gelatine is A OK in medical use.. Except when you look at the scholarly "ruling" it allows for all gelatine..

Seriously I kinda get why the last ones gonna be Jesus again pbuh.

lol reminds me of using alcohol spray to clean an aseptic's suite.. not one of those that were falling over when leaving.

M.I.A.
10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oPH...ature=youtu.be

On a side notes UK brothers and sisters remember that subway is now halal..

They seem to have actually made an effort for you, although there is no compulsion in religion.

......well that didnt take long

http://news.sky.com/story/1569633/de...ubway-sandwich

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

No wonder so many people like it!

Coca-Cola and Pepsi contain minute traces of alcohol, scientific research published in France has revealed.

The revelation will cause concern among those who chose the carbonated soft drink for religious, health or safety reasons.

According to tests carried out by the Paris-based National Institute of Consumption (INC) more than half of leading colas contain the traces of alcohol.
Sister I have a question.
If you drink not the one called Coca cola but another one with a different name ( Freeway ) . Is it the same for both . I don't drink coca cola or other type of
coca cola cause of health but my family does drink it .

Muslim Woman
04-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Salaam.

what's in a name ? we must avoid anything that's not halal. And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!