/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness.... and avoiding ignorance

TheHijabiHalima
09-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Assalamu'alaykum, Brothers and Sisters,

For the past 9 or 10 years of my life (don't worry, I'm older than that, lol) I've been a Muslim just by name - the only good deeds I did were fasting, and wearing my Hijab.
I'm not going to lie, I only started becoming consistent with my Salah just this Ramadhan. I've sinned so many times, it hurts me. I regret it so much. I want Allah (Azzawajal) to forgive me... but I am having difficulty refraining from sinning. Out of sheer laziness, I missed 4 salahs yesterday :(. I'm a busy person; abundant in school, homework & family problems, which means I often can't read Fajr & Dhuhr on time. I try so badly though. I can manage the others, Alhamdullilah.
I feel like I'm a terrible Muslim, and my friend told me that whenever I question my Iman, it's actually a sign of faith. I hope he's right, 'cause I'm questioning over and over.
I want Allah (Azzawajal)'s forgiveness so badly. And I do ask for that in my prayer. I do feel all regretful in my salah... but I can never shed a tear out of my regret. I can do it when I'm reading Harry Potter, but why can't I do it to the one who created me? I feel so ignorant!!!

Ever since I've been praying my 5 a day, I feel so much more peaceful. Yet, I'm still lazy. I'm so scared of the grave and the day of Judgement. I sincerely want Allah (Azzawajal) to forgive me. Please can the rest of the Ummah help me, by telling me some prayers and dhikrs to read? Also, give me Hadith & Qur'anic references.

I don't want to be a muslim by name. I don't want to be ignorant. Please help me? imsad

- Halima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
09-23-2013, 09:49 PM
welcome to the forums, you could post this in the advice section as this section is for introductions only. I hope you get the advice you are looking for.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!