PDA

View Full Version : Question about Haq mehr

Bint-e-Adam
09-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Assalam o Alaikum!
i Am here after a long time. :)
i have a confusion.
Question:
i know haq mehr is decided when spouses perform the nikah. but what if spouses write on nikah papers amount of 5 lac rupees, and then on first night of marriage the wife remit some part of it and reduce it to 5000 rupees, on her own consent and happiness.
will that be valid? that the wife do not ask complete amount that is written on nikah papers.??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Waalaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

As long as this mahr reduction is with the wife own consent and happiness, this is valid.

Daleel

"And give the women [upon marriage] their [bridal] gifts graciously. But if they give up willingly to you anything of it, then take it in satisfaction and ease."
(An-Nisa: 4)

However, if the wife reduce the mahr because pressure from other party and not based on her own consent, this mahr reduction is not valid.

:)

Bint-e-Adam
09-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks A lotttt my Dear Akhee.May Allah bless upon you huge shower of His blessings.

ardianto
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Ameen yaa ukhti. May Allah bless you with happy married life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!