/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Niqab

ILuvAllah
09-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I am thinking to start wearing the Niqab insha Allah because I fear falling into temptation. We are living in times of Fitnah and according to the four schools of law the niqab becomes mandatory in times of fitnah. I fear that I might be so impressed by my own beauty that I may start doing heavy makeups even if my intentions are not to attract men but just for my own contentment but still you never know when the shaytan can trick you and bring filth into your intentions. Many girls wear hijab but they are also promoting their beauty with heavy makeups specially the girls on youtube.

I know my family wouldnt be too happy with my decision but somewhere in my heart I feel like Allah wants me to do it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ukhti_zahra
09-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Walaykum salaam warhmathullahi wabarakathuhu!

Masha Allah! Im glad you came up with this thought ukhti, Go ahead, don't let anymore confusions come into your mind, This is the chance for you sis, The Niqaab is a Blessings, a true beauty.
Are you a Niqaabi now? of not so, then i advise you to read this ukhti.. It'll help you In sha Allah! :) since im new here, i cant post any links, so heres an article id'e like you to read.

Take you time sis, its worth Wallahi!

ADVICE FOR SISTERS WHO ARE THINKING OF WEARING THE NIQAB

MashaAllah, there are so many sisters out there who genuinely love to wear the Niqab but are afraid of wearing it for fear of what people might say. To these sisters, here are a few words of advice:

If you have made the intention of wearing the Niqab, Allah will help you- despite your family's or societies disapproval. What is our purpose in life? To worship none but Allah and this also means to be obedient first and foremost to Allah. The moment you start considering the Niqab, ask yourself just one question: Who should I please- Allah or people?
Once you make that decision, you can follow whether you ought to wear the Niqab or not.
I know sisters, saying it is easy enough. But you know what? Allah can make the difficult easy and the easy difficult. Everything is in His Hands and so long as we place our trust in Him, He and He alone will suffice for us.

“And whoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) and He will provide him from sources he never could imagine” [Sura At-Talaaq 65:2-3]

My dear sisters, isn't this guarantee from Allah good enough for us? It's true, we might have to face some difficulties, but those will only be tests of Imaan, Taqwa and patience.
Those sisters whose family are not supportive of their wearing the Niqab, I can only give you consolation from this beautiful Hadith:

Prophet Muhammad sallahau alaihi wasallam said "Whoever sought the pleasure of Allah though it was displeasing to the people then Allah becomes pleased with him, and will make the people please with him, and whoever sought the pleasure of the people though it was displeasing to Allah then Allah becomes displeased with him and will make the people displeased with him" (Ibn Hibban/ Tirmidhi)

This is another great guarantee for us- your family might not accept your Niqab, but if you do it for earning only the pleasure of Allah, even if it costs you your family's displeasure, remember that Allah will make those who were displeased with you, pleased with you, In Sha Allah. Believe in that, accept it and rely on that.

The Hadith mentioned above is a real proof to an incident. A sister I know of really wanted to wear the Niqab but her Mother wouldn't permit her to do so. But MashaAllah, this sister's courage and determination to wear the Niqab was so strong that despite her mother's disapproval, she wore it. Of course, at first her mother scolded her and she had to go through some problems, but do you know what- when Allah wants to help someone, no one and nothing can stop Him. If we are determined on pleasing Allah, He will suffice for us and like that Quranic verse above mentions, "He will make a way for him to get out of every difficulty". So this mother who hated the Niqab, started to admire it after some time, the same women who disapproved of her daughter's Niqab approved of it and in time, her mother became a Niqabi too. Subhanallah!

This story, I'm sure, would be a great source of inspiration for those sisters who are facing difficulties from their families who disapprove of the Niqab. Like I said at the beginning of this post- weigh your options- Please Allah or please people? Through your wearing the Niqab, who knows, you might even inspire your family members who are reluctant of it to wear it someday too, In Sha Allah. And if they do so, you'll be rewarded for it too!

Remember sisters, on the Day of Judgment, it's only you that is going to matter. All the opinion of those around you matter only here- but in the Aakhira we'll come to realize that nothing but Allah's opinion matters. If we realize this fact in this Dunya itself, we can, In Sha Allah, live the live of a true Muslim and a true Mu'min.

Take the decision that matters. Take the decision that will help you in the Aakhira. Take the decision that will bring for you the Pleasure of Allah.

Muhaba
09-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Yes, that is a great step. May Allah make you steadfast. In today's world, i see so many women (here) who succumb to fitna. First they didn't wear the niqab but they wore a long scarf or shawl that covered their head and upper body along with a loose abaya. But now i see most of them wearing really small shawl that barely covers the neck, revealing the upper body. They also wear tight abaya and some even have a belt or elastic at the waist, which makes it even more body-hugging. Also, many have some hair visible and also wear make up, especially eye makeup. The effect of this will be breaking of families. The effect won't be that these women will find husbands. They would even if they wore niqab. Leaving niqab and wearing make-up and revealing clothes won't help them get married. Rather, now there will be an increase in divorces and separations as well as fewer marriages.

straightpath1
09-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Ive been thinking about the same thing, whether niqab is actually mandatory or not, esp in times of fitna .. In fact, when I started wearing the hijab, I would wear it with loose clothing and wear a long skirt instead of tight jeans .. However, One day this guy in my university randomly approached me and said Salam to me, i was so scared.. However, I thought he was just saying Salam cuz i was in a hijab and he would walk away. Instead, he started talking to me and asked me what im studying, to the point if he can get my name and email... I was sooo scared, and every moment i thought if i was in a niqab, he would never have approached me .. Therefore, sometimes I disagree with some scholars who say niqab is nit mandatory i think that especially in times of fitna it may become mandatory.. I see soo many girls in abayas and guys stilll staring at them and its happened to me before and even without makeup so definately sometimes i wish i was strong enough to cover my face, that is would ensure no man looks at u or can see ur beauty.. Im sooo proud of u ..stay strong in ur faith always ��

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ukhti_zahra
10-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Masha Allah ukhti, May Allah make it easy on you, if you really love the Niqaab, Wallahi, Allah will definitely open up a way for you ukhti. The Niqaab is indeed a true shield at times of Fitnah like this, its a shield for every Muslimah to guard her modesty and protect her beauty for none other to see that her Mahrams and her husband! Subahanallah! its truly honors sis ukhti, there is no better clothing more comfortable and safe that the Niqaab, abaya and Jilbab. xox

ILuvAllah
10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
I have been thinking a lot and again and again i come to the same conclusion, yes i should wear the niqab, yes it has become obligatory to wear it in times of fitnah like this. In my opinion, the face is the most attractive part of women and it needs to be covered. If you think carefully, you would realize that nowadays most women are not observing the hijab correctly. What is the meaning of hijab if you are still trying to beautify yourself with makeup and skinny clothes? it is very sad to see that Hijab has become a fashion statement in todays world.

people didnt understand the verse of the Quran about veil. this verse of the Quran clearly shows that women are not observing the hijab in the right way. Quran states: Say to the believing men (first) that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And (then) say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms (24:30-31)

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba:

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

►Volume 6, Book 60, Number 282: (Sahih Bukhari)

I know its very hard to wear niqab in a non muslim country and some scholars even allow not wear it in a western nation but some scholars say it is better for muslims to live in a muslim nation so that they can practice the deen without any hesitation. At first i did not understand it and i thought it is an extremist point of view but I now realize the wisdom behind this fatwa.

I know i have to go through jihad to maintain my niqab cause i'm already getting a lot of sarcasm from my relatives but please make dua for me sisters so that i can stay strong on my niqab insha Allah.

ILuvAllah
10-01-2013, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by straightpath1
Ive been thinking about the same thing, whether niqab is actually mandatory or not, esp in times of fitna .. In fact, when I started wearing the hijab, I would wear it with loose clothing and wear a long skirt instead of tight jeans .. However, One day this guy in my university randomly approached me and said Salam to me, i was so scared.. However, I thought he was just saying Salam cuz i was in a hijab and he would walk away. Instead, he started talking to me and asked me what im studying, to the point if he can get my name and email... I was sooo scared, and every moment i thought if i was in a niqab, he would never have approached me .. Therefore, sometimes I disagree with some scholars who say niqab is nit mandatory i think that especially in times of fitna it may become mandatory.. I see soo many girls in abayas and guys stilll staring at them and its happened to me before and even without makeup so definately sometimes i wish i was strong enough to cover my face, that is would ensure no man looks at u or can see ur beauty.. Im sooo proud of u ..stay strong in ur faith always ��
Yes sister, dont delay, start wearing it insha Allah. May Allah make it easy for you.

ukhti_zahra
10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Subhanallah! ukhti, really glad. May Allah make it easy on you ukhti. Wallahi, the moment you wear the Niqaab, you feel so honored and safe.. Do it for the sake of Allah sis, trust me He'll make it easy on you and the reward for you great sacrifice is even bigger. You are always included in my Du'as habibty! You will love it no time In sha Allah! .xx

faithandpeace
10-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Assalamu alaikum. May Allah (swt) help you in your endeavor to wear niqab, give you sabr, and make it easy on you. Ameen! I love the niqab and think it is absolutely wonderful. I have one but I do not wear it but insha'Allah I will someday as right now I am focusing on other areas of observance. There is true beauty to wearing niqab and my heart lights up every time I see a niqabi. Please do not hesitate to share your experiences of wearing it and asking for any help or du'as that you need. :)

ILuvAllah
10-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Salam sisters,

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. I had a question which is confusing me. Sometimes having to eat becomes complicated with the niqab on. So, what should I do if I am at a situation where I have to eat in a mixed gender environment?

ukhti_zahra
10-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Masha Allah sis, The moment you wear the Niqaab, you the realize how precious and honored you are. May Allah make you all Niqaabis one day In sha Allah! :)

ukhti_zahra
10-03-2013, 06:12 AM
hahaha! the eating problem was one big issue for me as well ukhti, i remember ones my aunt stuffed the ice cream all over her Niqaab forgetting she was wearing it..:P the first few days when you wear the Niqaab, you need some time to get used to it, until then it becomes a wee bit of a prob for you, but when time goes, you'll soon get used to it sis. When you have to eat while in a mixed gender, you can lift your Niqaab a lil bit, raise it a little high and eat , im sure no one can see you face in that way. You'll feel uncomfortable at first but not after you get used to it. endure the little hardships that you have to face with your Niqaab for the Sake of Allah ukhti, when you do it for Allah alone, it naturally becomes an easy task for you.:) <3

ILuvAllah
10-03-2013, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ukhti_zahra
hahaha! the eating problem was one big issue for me as well ukhti, i remember ones my aunt stuffed the ice cream all over her Niqaab forgetting she was wearing it..:P the first few days when you wear the Niqaab, you need some time to get used to it, until then it becomes a wee bit of a prob for you, but when time goes, you'll soon get used to it sis. When you have to eat while in a mixed gender, you can lift your Niqaab a lil bit, raise it a little high and eat , im sure no one can see you face in that way. You'll feel uncomfortable at first but not after you get used to it. endure the little hardships that you have to face with your Niqaab for the Sake of Allah ukhti, when you do it for Allah alone, it naturally becomes an easy task for you.:) <3
Thank you for the wonderful answer sis. One of the reasons I have decided to do it is that I want to disconnect myself from the world and I feel that the full veil would help me get closer to Allah. I wasted my life running after the world. I have learned my lesson and now I have no love for the dunya anymore. I want to forget the dunya and just focus on satisfying Allah. However, im not trying to say that I want to live like a jailbird. Allah does not prevent us to become successful in life and I want to be a successful woman. I want to make my family happy and proud of me insha Allah.

Im so grateful to Allah that He has made me realize my mistakes and showed me the right way to follow Alhamdulillah.

Taabuu
10-03-2013, 08:17 AM

The say don't judge a book by its cover but they don't hesitate to turn around and judge a woman by her cover. What is the world coming to?

.....and they devised plans and Allah too had arranged a plan; and Allah is the best of planners. (8:30)

Please let others know.

faithandpeace
10-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm glad you started this thread as I am also interested in giving niqab a try at the masjid. There are some fitnah issues mainly with a lack of proper barrier between the men's and women's prayer areas. Insha'Allah I will do this at Friday's khutba and share my experiences as well.

ukhti_zahra
10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Subahanallah ukhti! You've just taken the perfect decision. Your so lucky Masha Allah! The niqaab is what can help you become a better Muslimah ukhti. Im so happy for you! =D <3

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!