/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do we know Islam is the truth?

iiddnn
09-28-2013, 02:14 PM
How are we supposed to be absolutely sure that Islam is the correct religion.
What is mythology to use was religious to someone else and im sure they actually believed that their religion was the correct one. So what makes Islam different then the thousand of religions throughout history?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
09-28-2013, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iiddnn
What is mythology to use was religious to someone else and im sure they actually believed that their religion was the correct one.

rewrite this sentence, makes no sense.

greenhill
09-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Could it be "what is mythology to us was religious to someone else"....? ^o)

Muhammad
09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

There are many ways to be sure that Islam is the correct religion. Allaah :swt:, our Creator and Sustainer, has not left us without signs and proofs to show us the right way. He has created us upon the natural disposition to recognise His existence, and created signs within our own selves and in the universe. Not only this, but He has sent the Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad :saws: further providing guidance and detailing everything we need to know to worship Him correctly. There is no other religion/mythology that comes close to the firm foundations that Islam is built upon, in terms of evidences and logical consistency.

Please browse through the threads below which give more details about the reasons and evidences why Islam is the only true religion.

General

Is there any REAL proof that islam is the right religion ?
Why do you say Islam is the only true religion?
How do you know that Islam is the truth?
What's the Best thing About Being a Muslim?
Has Islam given you peace in your lives and inside yourself?

Qur'an

Evidences For Qur'an's Divine Origin?

Life of the Prophet
:saws:
Proofs of Prophethood
[post] Prove that the Qur'an IS the word of God - in the initiation of revelation
Muhammad's Simple Life: A Proof of His Prophethood
12 Proofs that Muhammad (Peace be upon him ) was a True Prophet
How to prove Muhammad was a prophet - No material gain from Prophethood

Prophet's (saw) excellent example and profound teachings
The Profound Teachings of Prophet Muhammad
Prophet Muhammed the best example for mankind!
[HudaTV] Best Example for Youth Today
The Character of The Prophet Muhammed (PBU)
The Messenger Of Allah (saw) Is The Best Amongst People In Disposition And Behaviour
The True Love & Mercy of the Prophet (Pbuh) for Mankind
Muhammad(s): A mercy to mankind
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...cles&id=134199
[post] critisism and islam
refuting the pope pov

Biography
Biography of Prophet Muhammad (saws)
The Life of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) - Anwar Al Awlaki
The Last Sermon
http://prophetictimeline.com/home/TheProject.php
http://www.pbs.org/muhammad/
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/82/

Stories of those who converted

Stories of Muslim Reverts! - Post yours here!
Haters of Islam who embraced Islam
Download Amazing Videos of Atheists Turning to Islam!
How i converted to islam
Christians who accepted Islam in Texas home of George Bush

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Salam alaykum

We don´t KNOW it is a truth. We BELIEVE it is.

Insaanah
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
We don´t KNOW it is a truth. We BELIEVE it is.
We do know it is a truth. And we are, in fact, commanded to know it is the truth. Knowledge negates ignorance. And indeed, the scholars have said that knowledge is the first condition of the shahaadah, knowledge of what it is you are testifying to. And another condition is to know with certainty that what you are testifying to, is the truth.

Allah tells us in the Qur'an that we should know it is the truth:

Sahih International
And so those who were given knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord and [therefore] believe in it, and their hearts humbly submit to it. And indeed is Allah the Guide of those who have believed to a straight path. (22:54)

Yusuf Ali
Know, therefore, that there is no god but Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and for the men and women who believe: for Allah knows how ye move about and how ye dwell in your homes. (47:19)

...And those who have believed know that it is the truth.. (2:26, part)

It is narrated on the authority of 'Uthman that the Messenger of Allah :saws: said: He who died knowing that there is no god but Allah entered Paradise.

Reference: Sahih Muslim Kitaab al imaan (the book of faith) 26 a
In-book reference: Book 1, Hadith 43
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 1, Hadith 39

Therefore we must know Islam to be the truth, and to that end we should seek knowledge to satisfy our hearts, and given that Islam is in harmony with nature, and is the original and only message of God that all the Prophets (peace be on them) preached throughout time, then that knowledge can form the basis for our belief. A belief without firm knowledge of whether it is the truth or not, is very shaky. See the first passage of the Qur'an that was revealed. If you look at the first words of the Qur'an revealed (96:1-5), they talk directly about reading, teaching, knowing, and writing.

Read in the name of your Lord who created -
Created man from a clinging substance.
Read, and your Lord is the most Generous -
Who taught by the pen -
Taught man that which he did not know. (96:1-5)

To reiterate, we must know Islam to be the truth, and if we don't, then we should seek knowledge to that end. Our belief must have a firm foundation based on knowledge with certainty of Islam being the truth.

And Allah knows best.

Muhaba
09-29-2013, 06:27 PM
By studying islam, especially the Quran. How many idolators at the time of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم acknowledged that the Quran was the revelation of Allah? Many, though some of them didn't become muslims because they didn't want to give up their status in society.

so, yes you can know that islam is truth.

sister herb
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Salam alaykum

Knowledge and believing might be same matter (my English is not perfect).

:phew

straightpath1
09-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Knowledge .. I have this book called miracles of the Quran you should read it .

greenhill
09-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Salaams,

What i see is that the bottomline as put forward above would be knowledge, to know. Personally i would like to forward wisdom with all the knowledge. But the wisdom that comes from the knowledge must be driven by the hunger of wanting to know the truth and having the sincerity required for the quest. And when we have the ingredients in place, then we can also have belief . Only then can you truly have faith. A solid one it will be (in my humble opinion :embarrass ), but will it be enough to spurr us into action?

Islam started with the first man, Adam (pbuh) who had direct contact with Allah swt. Was perfected by the time of our beloved prophet (pbuh) and was islam throughout until today. What has happened throughout the generations is not without His will. When i feel at my lowest ebb, i re read the stories of the prophets, and it reinforces the belief.

No other 'story' and 'way' is as complete or anywhere near as comprehensive what that is told in the deen of islam.

islam is beautiful :shade: peace

Eric H
10-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Greetings and peace be with you iiddnn; welcome to the forum;

How are we supposed to be absolutely sure that Islam is the correct religion.
Allah chooses whom he wills, once chosen, there is the need to strive to change ourselves and do something.

Faith is a lifetime journey and struggle, always one day at a time

In the spirit of praying for a stronger faith

Eric

ardianto
10-01-2013, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum
Waalaikumsalam

Knowledge and believing might be same matter (my English is not perfect).

:phew
Yes in the worldly matter. But in the matter of faith, "know" and "believe" are two different things which "know" is coming from "believe".

We have never seen Allah, but we know that Allah does exist because we believe. If we don't believe in Allah, then we would never know that Allah does exist.

I'll tell a true story.

One day when I was young, me and my friend visited a cafe, and we saw a guy who we knew. He was in debate with two hijabi sisters. That guy said that Allah does not exist, while those hijabi said that Allah does exist. They tried to convince him with Qur'an, with signs in nature, etc. But that guy just shake his head. Then he put a bottle on the table and told them "I know this bottle does exist because I can see it. Now tell me, how can I believe that Allah does exist if I cannot see Him?". Those hijabi could not say anything, and then they left him.

Me and my friend moved to his table and welcomed by him with "I don't believe something that I cannot see it". My friend asked him "You can think, but can you see mind?". That guy replied with quoted Descartes "I think, therefore I am". My friend could not say anything. And a moment later that guy left us with a winning smile on his face.

I never heard about him again until few years ago when my another friend who active in Islamic activities told me that he often meet that guy, and he has changed.

Few days later I read a short article about that guy in my local newspaper where he wrote few poems. I was so surprised because those poems were Islamic religious poems.

I still remember when he said he could not believe anything that he could not see. But then Allah gave him an Iman that made him believe and know the existence of Allah although he could not see Allah.

ardianto
10-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I have heard other people say that Islam is fake religion, Muslims worship moon god, etc.

But Alhamdulillah, my belief on Islam make me always know that what they say are not true.

M.I.A.
10-01-2013, 07:36 PM
imo islam is the truth because it is the final revelation.

without rejecting scripture i can only say that if you gave a caveman an iphone.. its never going anywhere.

i hope that makes sense.

and its not disrespectful even if i took it that way, because when you get to the top.. you can only come down.

Ahmad H
10-02-2013, 06:07 AM
The reason why Islam is not mythology is that Allah works wonders now just as He did before. He still speaks, He still listens, He still answers prayers and He sends people into this world to reform us from Himself.

42:51 It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah's permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.
(Yusuf Ali translation)

A mythology is not alive, those fake gods do not do anything for anyone. The Holy Qur'an has answered this by saying that none of those gods speak to us. The meaning is then, just as I have said, that Allah still speaks and those who become close to Him sometimes get to experience that. Anyone who denies this is foolish and does in fact relegate Islam to mythology.

Also, mythology is about fantastic legends that have no basis in reality. Islam is rooted in reality, and the proofs of this are in the Traditions handed down and tested for authenticity. There are sciences of Hadith and there has always been the utmost care in preserving the Qur'an. The Qur'an was, is and always will be the single-handedly most authoritative book the world has. It speaks on all issues and guides in all affairs. A mythology does not provide answers to these things.

To hone in on the main issue here, a mythology is about legendary characters and semi divine beings. Islam denounces any divinity in humans and shows all power and divinity lie only with Allah. It [a mythology] contains many myths spread around and collected from oral traditions, but they contradict one another very often. The Qur'an contains no contradictions, but it is a cohesive Book that existed ever since Allah issued the Divine Decree of all things - and then later sent down in the form we now know of. Mythology is created, while the Qur'an is not created.

People these days seem to confuse what the difference is between mythology and religion. The reason for this is the huge rise in secularism. Don't be conflicted with these mainstream ideas that religion is nothing but myths. These statements come from people who have no understanding of either religion or mythology. Only an expert can make a statement like that and have some weight to what they say. Anyone else is simply uttering garbage, especially when they group Islam with other religions. The only religion acceptable to Allah is Islam.

3:85 If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
(Yusuf Ali translation)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!