/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When Reading the Quran, can I drink Water?

animehunter123
10-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Hello,

I know that you must make Wudu when holding the Quran, but while I read it, can I keep a water bottle and drink while reciting? (I am not sick and require water, but I like to have water to keep me refreshed).

If water is ok, what about orange juice or pepsi cola?

If that is ok, what about snacks like chocolate or Kahk Cookies?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-01-2013, 04:48 AM
:sl:

when u are hungry , eat first , then do the worship like offering salat , recite Quran . When reading Quran , if u feel thirsty , to my knowledge there is no bar in drinking water .

But if u start eating various items , then surely it will distract ur attention and u won't get the benefit that u are supposed to get from reading holy Quran . So , better if u concentrate on reciting Quran than thinking about drinking pepsi cola - it's not also good for health to drink pepsi / coke daily .

So , for the sake of ur life here and hereafter , try to recite Quran with ur full concentration .

And Allah Knows Best.

animehunter123
10-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Thank you so much for your response. I understand.

I recently started to memorize Juzh 30 in the morning after fajr but I got thirsty so I was keeping a water bottle with me. I will make sure to prepare myself as you suggested to better focus on the Quran.

Thank you so much for your response, it was very helpful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!