/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My question is a person guilty of apostasy if he or she Converts to Islam and says th

truthseeker63
10-09-2013, 07:57 AM
My question is a person guilty of apostasy if he or she Converts to Islam and says the shahada without being taught or the person did not know the meaning of shahada or did know the meanings of the words of the shahada I ask because I read this the conditions of shahada thank you for you're time ?
TheDC: Would Muslims who convert to Christianity be protected?
AC: Sharia court would need to determine if he was really a Muslim in the first place, did he know what he was doing, and once all of that has been determined, there is capital punishment for that in Islam.
http://news.yahoo.com/interview-transcript-anjem-choudary-talks-thedc-20110227-224902-313.html

1 KNOWLEDGE: ('ilm)
That is, one must have the basic and general knowledge of what is meant by the shahadah. One must understand what the shahadah is affirming and what the shahadah is denying. Allah says in the Qur'an,
"So know that there is no God save Allah, and ask forgiveness for your sin."
(Surah Muhammad: 19).
Similarly, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"Whoever dies knowing that there is no one worthy of worship except Allah shall enter Paradise."
(Recorded in Sahih Muslim).
In fact, the shahadah itself is a testimony. When one testifies to something, one must know what it is that he is testifying concerns. Obviously, a testimony about something that one does not have any knowledge about is absolutely unacceptable. Allah says in the Qur'an,
"Except him who bears witness unto the truth knowingly."
(Surah Al-Zukhruf: 86).
Now this condition probably sounds obvious; if someone said to you, "There is no God except Allah," and then said that what he meant by Allah was Jesus, you would immediately tell him that this shahadah is nonsense. Yet can you imagine that there is a Muslim country in the world that until recently used to have a yearly weeklong celebration to "the Gods of the Sea"! All along they call themselves Muslims and they make the shahadah numerous times a day.
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/9points.htm
For example: if a person were to profess the shahada but was not taught its meaning and so continued to worship idols, and if on being correctly informed of the meaning of the shahada did not accept it as true, then he or she may be judged to have never been a Muslim in the first place, and therefore not an apostate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
05-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Please reply thank you.

truthseeker63
05-06-2015, 05:09 AM
As Salaam Alaikum

greenhill
05-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is it so important to know this? There are too many things to consider on this matter and ultimately, Allah only knows the answer.

As I see it, there are many fine lines when it comes to judgment and it is not a simple straight forward process. If a prostitute can enter heaven for giving a dog a drink then there are other considerations too when it comes to judgment.

On the above post, I believe you have answered your own question. Islam is a religion of reason and faith. To do what Allah commands and to leave out what will bring about His displeasure. And we have to 'intend' (niyah) to do good, then do the good and not to brag about it or show off. To be charitable, forgiving and not spread mischief.

So, if we never understood what it is we are doing, how can the intention (niyah) be anything at all? So, there is an argument there that uttering the shahadah without knowing what it is you said probably counts for nothing.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!