/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Robinson Stands Down From The EDL

سيف الله
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Salaam

This is amusing. Seems Tommy is changing his 'bad cop' routine to a 'good cop' routine. Wonder if anybody will fall for it. Though I wonder how the frauds at Quilliam got involved. Seems murky.

The leader of the campaign group, and a senior colleague, announce their decision to quit due to "extremist elements".

Tommy Robinson has quit as leader of the English Defence League because he says he can no longer control extremists within the far-right group. Mr Robinson, who set up the anti-Islamist group in 2009, said the EDL had become increasingly influenced by extreme elements that did not represent what he stood for.

"I apologise for the fact that what I've said has not resonated individually with Muslims," he told journalists at a news conference.

"I don’t hate Muslims. Luton is a completely multicultural town and from day one we've wanted to embrace everyone; all colours and creeds.

"I have a passion to combat Islamist ideology and I want to lead a revolution against that ideology, but I don't want to lead a revolution against Muslims."

Mr Robinson said he took time to evaluate his position after spending 18 weeks in solitary confinement, following a conviction for travelling on someone else's passport.

"I thought about how I'd neglected my wife, my children and my family and I asked myself a lot of questions. I've got three young children. I want what's best for them."

He added that in order to solve what he sees as the problem of Islamist extremism in Britain, he needs to work with Muslims not against them.

"We had fought for three years to keep fascists and racists out of the EDL. When I attended our demonstration in Manchester I saw White Power flags that didn't represent me.

"Am I willing to be the public face for them? No I'm not.

"I believe that the revolution needs to come from within the Islamic community and they need to stand up. And I believe this is a step forward not a step back."

Mr Robinson and EDL co-founder Kevin Carroll announced their departure through counter-extremism think tank Quilliam.

The organisation said: "Having set up the EDL - infamous for its street protests - in 2009, they wish to exit this group because they feel they can no longer keep extremist elements at bay."

In a statement released through Quilliam - which claimed to have facilitated the pair's departure - Mr Robinson said he acknowledged "the dangers of far-right extremism".

Mr Robinson - real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - confirmed the news on Twitter, posting a link to the Quilliam statement and telling his followers: "Hope people listen to my reasons."

Quilliam said it hopes to encourage "his critique of Islamism as well as his concern with far-right extremism" and called on his EDL followers as well as leaders of extreme Islamist groups to quit.

Quilliam chairman Maajid Nawaz said: "We have been able to show that Britain stands together against extremism regardless of political views and hope to continue supporting Tommy and Kevin in their journey to counter Islamism and neo-Nazi extremism."

Quilliam was founded in 2008 by three former members of hardline Islamist organisation Hizb ut-Tahrir, which campaigns for the unification of Muslim countries under Sharia law.

It opposes Islamic extremism and has worked with government to oppose radicalisation of young Muslims - but has come under fire for "smearing" moderate Muslim groups and for receiving around £1m of public money in its early days.

The EDL started in response to a demonstration by Muslim extremists as soldiers marched through Luton.

It has become infamous for marches through UK towns and cities, often marred by violence as its members clashed with opposing groups such as Unite Against Fascism. It is unclear whether the EDL's latest protest - scheduled for October 12 in Bradford - will still go ahead. Home Affairs Select Committee chair Keith Vaz said: "Any resignation from the EDL is welcome. Mr Robinson and Mr Carroll have previously engaged, promoted and expounded extreme views.

"Leaving the organisation is an acceptance that their opinions incite hatred and their previous actions have unnecessarily cost the taxpayer thousands of pounds."

http://news.sky.com/story/1151663/tommy-robinson-stands-down-from-the-edl

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Prayer4life
11-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Sick thing is, Tommy is now joining the Quilliam Foundation alongside members such as Jemima Khan, and Imran Khan is a popular politician in Pakistan heading a so called 'islamic party' (zionist control of Pak) and has sons with the Goldsmith Jemima, whose brothers dated and married Rothschilds and also Kate Middleton's mother is a Goldsmith, so the Uk Windsor Royals and these other zionist families are all interlinked! But then Diana is the half sister of Jemima and was the product of an affair with Diana's mother and Jemimas father cheating together. Rather sickening to know what the future holds with all these families and people. Quite an eye opener!

glo
11-17-2013, 01:14 PM
What are the concerns about the Quilliam Foundation? Can somebody explain?

Prayer4life
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What are the concerns about the Quilliam Foundation? Can somebody explain?
It's a Uk government funded organisation that is set up to tackle so called muslim extremism within the muslim community and promote a more western friendly islam. Basically islam with all the bits the kuffar dont like or want taken out = not islam. kind of reminds me of that Qadiani cult.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!