/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are we all doomed ? IMPORTANT

alaa
10-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I am a sunni muslim , 17 years old living in the united states
admittingly this country has corrupted me , allthough i pray 5 times a day and fast during ramadan , I also sin , I curse I fight my siblings and talk to women from the opposite sex online, I read that verse of the quran that says " وان تتولو نستبدل قوما غيركم و لا تضرونا شيئا " it basically means we can easily replace you with someone who is a better muslim and that wont harm us, that gives me a sense of insecurity in my faith
if I can easily be replaced , do I even have a chance of going to jannah . this thread these thoughts alone are forbidden but my mind is free and I am utterly concerned. I did many horrible deeds
and plus .. does everybody go to to hell until they are cleansed from sins except for prohpets are sahaba ? :phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Assalamualaikum.

No one of us who free from sins. But ulama said that we would go to Jannah if our merits are more than our sins, and if our sins are more than our merits, then we would go to hell.

So, increase your ibadah to add your merits and avoid sins.

:)

crimsontide06
10-11-2013, 05:37 PM
welcome to the forum...I hope you get the answers you are looking for, and nice name...that's my cousins name..though, she is a girl

- Qatada -
10-11-2013, 07:06 PM
:salamext:

keep trying to quit your sins, keep asking Allah to forgive u whenever u do sin, and try to be a good muslim. Then you have hope that Allah will forgive u and enter u into jannah without having to go hell.

So make good friends, even people living in the west can be good if they have good friends. This forum is a good place to stay to feel safe and islamic too :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alaa
we can easily replace you with someone who is a better muslim and that wont harm us, that gives me a sense of insecurity in my faith
if I can easily be replaced , do I even have a chance of going to jannah . this thread these thoughts alone are forbidden but my mind is free and I am utterly concerned.
First of all, some of the verses revealed saying this in the Qur'an referred to the Meccans who were opposing the Holy Prophet (saw) and who thought they were themselves irreplaceable. Hence, Allah told them they were completely replaceable if they did not accept His Messenger (saw) and the Book revealed to him (saw).

Secondly, yes, we are all replaceable either way. Our times of death are already determined by Allah, so He knows what will happen to us in the future, whether we should be replaced by other people or not. The meaning is that if we do not adhere to the guidance Allah has given, and to be more specific, if we reject the Imams He has raised for the age we live in and do not follow him, then we will be going against Allah. Then Allah can easily make others follow that Imam and we are thus replaced by them.

I say this because every age has a Mujaddid, and these Mujaddids (learning from the examples of the past ones) where given revelations by Allah that they were chosen to guide people so that they can revive Islam when people corrupted it. Every age has had something specific to it which needed reformation. If the people of that age did not reform themselves, then they are replaceable. Allah has promised that He does not combine two punishments on the believers. If He punishes us in this world, then we are not punished again for that offence in the Hereafter, otherwise, if we are left in this life, then He decides to punish or forgive us for what we did here in this world.

Therefore, do not fret about this. As long as you do not plan against Allah and fear Him (as you do because of your fear of being replaced by others), then In sha 'Allah, Allah will make you one of those who are guided in His way, that group of people who will never be overcome by anyone else in this world until the Day of Judgment. That group always remain guided by Allah, and they are never replaced.

I did many horrible deeds
and plus .. does everybody go to to hell until they are cleansed from sins except for prohpets are sahaba ?
I can say the same for myself too. I'm no saint. But not everyone goes to Hell even if they are Muslims besides the Sahaba (ra) and the Prophets (as). The Ahadith from the Sahih tells us that the Prophets will intercede, the Angels will intercede and the righteous believers will intercede. The Holy Qur'an says that there will be a large group of followers who are in the highest places in Paradise, and there are many of them later on who are in the highest places in Paradise also. This means not only will the Sahaba (ra) get to intercede, but other believers as well. Again, that is according to the Holy Qur'an.

If you wish to understand with peace of mind, then read Surah Al-Waqiah, it describes the three groups that will be divided up on the Day of Judgment, two of them for Paradise, and other the wretched scum who go to Hell. As long as you yourself fear Allah's Fire and pray against it, you will be kept from it, by His Mercy. But just remember your deeds don't land you in Heaven, it is strictly Allah's Mercy on us that, if we receive it, will keep us from the Fire.

alaa
10-12-2013, 02:23 AM
but I did things like drinking .. dirty talking . yelling at my parents , angering them , i am a terrible person but these things are part of the teenage level my therapist says. however i still do not feel justified to act this way , i hate to sin but i do it on a daily basis :cry:

Ahmad H
10-12-2013, 02:40 AM
i am a terrible person but these things are part of the teenage level my therapist says. however i still do not feel justified to act this way
That's when you know to stop listening to what your therapist says. I don't care what degree they have. If you think you were terrible, then good. It is natural to feel guilt. When it comes to religious values, it makes sense. Worldly people will not care to understand that there are limits to bad behavior.

My advice to you is to not let anyone know about your bad behavior. Do not advertise it to anyone. Not unless they are your closest friends. This is to ensure that Allah keeps His cover on you such that no one else knows what you did, and you keep that all between yourself and Him. The wisdom behind this is to confess of your sins secretly, and to keep anyone from bearing bad witness about you when you leave this world. If you leave people with negative impressions of you, then what they say about those negative impressions will be bad witnessing for you, and the angels who question you in your grave will confirm if that information about you is true or not, asking you about it. Leave only good impressions in people's minds. This is not hypocrisy, since that would be your trying to deceive people into thinking you are good. That is wrong. Suppressing past evil actions is not. If you do evil secretly and act good outwardly, then there is no progress.

Therefore, if you have stopped the evils you have done in your past, then Allah will forgive you when you sincerely repent to Him. Repentance means changing your actions, not returning to evil again and again. Then, once you have done that, keep seeking guidance from Allah sincerely, and He will guide you.

How will you know He will bring you closer? Vivid dreams which communicate God's pleasure with you. If He is displeased with you somehow, He might tell you in a dream to change your ways. I have consistently received guidance from Allah telling me about various things through dreams, Alhamdulillah. I am very grateful to Him. Therefore, I share this with you so that you can also benefit and act accordingly.

- Qatada -
10-12-2013, 04:34 PM
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari). Http://sunnah.com/qudsi40

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!