/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't Know What to Do.

ChrisD
10-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Salam everyone. This is my first post on this website. I'm 17 and reverted to Islam about 6 months ago and everything was great until now. I have recently become very disconnected with Islam and uncontempt with it. I have often considered if it is the right path. Every time i feel I am ready to leave I look in the mirror getting ready to shave my beard and quit but I just can't bring myself to do it. Any advise on what I should do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Salam alaykum

At the first welcome to forum.

At the second; take it easy there - it is very normal reaction with new reverts how you are feeling right now. At the first islam feels like it would wipe away all our problems but reality is that we still live in the same world with our old problems of the life. Doubts of the belief follow us all (I have been muslim only 18 years and same doubts might return to my mind too).

Actually this section is only for intruduction but I wish that other members can help you better than I with your problems.

May Allah make your life easy to you.

Hulk
10-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Wa alaykumsalaam

Welcome to the forum. There are some questions you have to ask yourself, have you been praying/taking wudu properly? have you been eating food that is halal? have you been going to classes to increase your knowledge of Islam?

These are one of the few questions you might want to ask yourself. For certain, there is a problem somewhere. That said, calm down. I am guessing that you are likely not in an area where you have muslim friends or have a islamic class to go to. Seeking knowledge is very important in our deen, as it increases us in our faith/imaan when we find meaning in what we learn, recognising it's place in the ultimate scheme of things.

I think it would be good to try to get in touch with a mosque that is closest to you. Also.. one step at a time, whatever it is, don't be hasty.

ChrisD
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Wa alaykumsalaam

Welcome to the forum. There are some questions you have to ask yourself, have you been praying/taking wudu properly? have you been eating food that is halal? have you been going to classes to increase your knowledge of Islam?

These are one of the few questions you might want to ask yourself. For certain, there is a problem somewhere. That said, calm down. I am guessing that you are likely not in an area where you have muslim friends or have a islamic class to go to. Seeking knowledge is very important in our deen, as it increases us in our faith/imaan when we find meaning in what we learn, recognising it's place in the ultimate scheme of things.

I think it would be good to try to get in touch with a mosque that is closest to you. Also.. one step at a time, whatever it is, don't be hasty.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have been making regular prayers and have only missed a few. You are correct also that I don't know many muslims. I actually only know 2 others. I live in a pretty rural part of Pennsylvania and the nearest masjid is over an hour away.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
10-13-2013, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
You are correct also that I don't know many muslims. I actually only know 2 others. I live in a pretty rural part of Pennsylvania and the nearest masjid is over an hour away.
No wonder you feel disconnected. Don't worry brother. All of us here at the forum welcome you. I hope we can all be part of your connection back with Islam.

tigerkhan
10-14-2013, 02:03 AM
:sl:
welcom to the forum bro... it nice to see u here.
i think since its ur start so its need bit struggle and also u r in teen age which i blv is bit vulnerable. the best way to be steadfast is "be accompanied with pious". so try to search some good Muslims around ur area and be friends with them.

Eric H
10-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ChrisD; welcome to the forum;

I am still struggling with my faith at the tender age of 64, there are far too many temptations in this world. I remember at the age of 17; that the temptations of this world have a very strong appeal,

Allah chooses whom he wills, and whilst many teenager your age go their own way, Allah for some reason has chosen you; and you have responded.

Faith is a journey always one day at a time, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery, Lord grant me the peace and serenity to live this day and every day, knowing that you hold me in the palm of your hand.

In the spirit of praying for a greater strength and perseverance

Eric

Nur Student
10-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Wa Alaikum Salaam Chris,

Welcome to the forum brother. I live in Pennsylvania, too, in the Philadelphia area. Hope to meet you one day. I want to share with you a great reality about life through a very nice analogy. Please follow it from the link and read until the end.

In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Allah, there is no god but He, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsistent. (1)
Verily, the religion before Allah is Islam. (2)

If you want to understand this world, and man’s spirit within the world, and the nature and value of religion for man, and how the world is a prison if there is no True Religion, and that without religion man becomes the most miserable of creatures, and that it is “O God!” and, “There is no god but God” that solve this world’s talisman and deliver the human spirit from darkness, then listen to and consider this comparison:

Long ago, two brothers set off on a long journey. They continued on their way until the road forked....

http://www.erisale.com/index.jsp?loc...tent.en.201.45

Dipnot-1 Qur’an, 3:2; 2:255.

Dipnot-2 Qur’an, 3:19.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!