/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making up multiple prayers

ChrisD
10-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Salam. I am a fairly recent revert and I'm not quite sure how to make up multiple prayers. I often miss zuhr, asr, and maghrib. What would the process be for making these up at night?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
10-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Waalikum Assalaam

If a prayer is missed, it is common practice among Muslims that it is to be made up as soon as it is remembered or as soon as one is able to do so. This is known as Qadaa'.He should pray the number of rak’ahs he would have prayed if he had offered it on time, no more and no less, and without changing the way it is done. If one misses the noon prayer because of a work meeting that could not be interrupted, one should pray as soon as the meeting is over. But if the next prayer time has already come, one should first perform the prayer that was missed, and immediately after it the “on time” prayer.The way in which the missed prayers are made up is the same order as the prescribed prayers. So whoever misses Zuhr and ‘Asr, for example, should pray Zuhr first, then ‘Asr.

May I know why you keep on missing prayers?:)

ChrisD
10-14-2013, 09:38 AM
I usually miss zuhr, and asr because of work. I live in the US and people do not understand prayer and won't allow me to pray during working hours

Signor
10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

When people are at work then why do they go to the toilet? Because they have to right? Sameway we HAVE to pray Salaah no matter where we are there are no excuses to miss it at all. No workplace or educational institution will ever stop you from praying but most of the time you never even have to tell them anything because it does not take long at all.

When people go to the toilet at work or at school then they usually take 5 minutes or longer. So instead of going to the toilet then you can go and pray which will take you even less time than a person who goes to the toilet. It is not difficult to pray at work at all but we make it difficult for ourselves. We can pray ANYWHERE apart from the toilet and where there is visible impurities.There is no excuse for praying Qadha after work because there is sufficient time and space at work in order to pray all of the Salaah. If there is no room allocated to prayer than there will always be a room empty. If there is no room empty then there is always a corridor, staircase or any place where there is sufficient space in order for one to make Sajda properly.

Let us be of those Muslims that when prayer time comes we strive to pray no matter where we are and what we are doing. So let us make the FULL effort for the pleasure of Allah and do not forget who gives us the jobs we have and the food we eat and the very life we lead. So let us pray to the one that is worthy of all worship.

Insha Allah Khayr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ChrisD
10-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Jazakallah khair brother for you words. You have really inspired me to start praying at work dispite others.

Signor
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Aameen,wa iyyaak

E-Hugs with Eid Mubarak,Wishing you nothing but the best in this life and hereafter:)

animehunter123
10-15-2013, 08:43 AM
I also have a similar situation.

What I try to do is, sneak out of the office temporarily, and run to the car and pray in the car. I think this is OK and doesnt bother anyone in the building.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!