• first of all love Allah
  • do good always
  • always forgive
  • harm no one
  • be positive always

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-17-2013, 04:46 PM
In my travel around parts of Europe after completion of studies in 1989 I met in Iraqi on a train who tells me something commonly known as the "10,000 year old saying" and it goes like this;

"Think Well, Do Well, Say Well"

And I liked it more than the 3 Monkeys, "See No Evil, Say No Evil, Hear No Evil" and later had an addition "Do No Evil" symbolised by the crossed arms, hence becoming the 4 Monkeys :D

I still strive to live by that 10.000 year old saying...

Peace :shade:

sister herb
10-17-2013, 05:10 PM
This reminds me the old poem as

"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten"

by Robert Fulghum

Most of what I really need
To know about how to live
And what to do and how to be
I learned in kindergarten.
Wisdom was not at the top
Of the graduate school mountain,
But there in the sandpile at Sunday school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life -
Learn some and think some
And draw and paint and sing and dance
And play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world,
Watch out for traffic,
Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

sister herb
10-17-2013, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
DonĀ“t forget to visit in the IB Kitchen Club- thread. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic-kn
10-17-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah i agree with you say no evil yeah , some times you just get the exprince of people older than you , one time some said to me the one who older than you with one day know better than you with one year

Eric H
10-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Greetings and peace be with you islamic-kn; thanks for sharing,

• first of all love Allah
  • do good always
  • always forgive
  • harm no one
  • be positive always
And always give thanks.

Blessings

Eric

sister herb
10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
And... try to put smile to people face.

:statisfie

Just this morning I reminded something I did decades ago. I was walking in my city and suddenly I saw two Somali sisters standing on the street. It was winter, snowing and I saw they felt cold. I stopped to talk with them. We talked partly by English and Arabic and I asked if they like to visit in cafe so I can offer to them hot coffee to make them warm. They accepted and there we were sitting, talking as sisters.

Years later I met Somali translator in my work who told that in this city his wife met kind Finnish lady and sister who offered her and hers friend cup of coffee and kind words...

I smiled and told that this lady was me.

How surprising - some weeks after that I got gift from this Somali sister who still remembered kindness and caring. She sended to me cute coffee mug and bag of Somalian coffee.

:thankyou:

islamic-kn
10-18-2013, 11:00 AM
yes its wonderful feeling to put a smile on some one face , and yeah i like what you did also , this is the main of our islam to be kind to each other , and i believe in a say ( make sure when you give one day you will get )

greenhill
10-18-2013, 12:34 PM
What a story, sister herb! :D

sister herb
10-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Yesterday I was in one shop buying new shoes and I got very good service there from one seller. After that I went to other shop and bought rose what I went gave to that shoe seller and told that hers service was very good.

:statisfie I put smile hers face.

greenhill
10-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Truth be said, I've never done that. Must have made her day!

sister herb
10-18-2013, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
What a story, sister herb! :D
When you put smile other person face, he/she maybe never forget it feeling.

:D

greenhill
10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Seeing as we are off topic, I'd like to relate a story of a moment in my life on a train in the UK sometime in the early 80's where I saw a girl my age walking pass me. She was from my part of the world perhaps even from my country. I could help but want to find out. And to cut a short story, our fathers are cousins which makes us second cousins.

We still meet up regularly, meaning at least once a year, during Eid. :statisfie

Muhaba
10-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Don't forget your own rights.

Nabooly
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
The psychology of the brain makes these simple 5 rules extremely difficult to maintain. I hope one day I will be able to be consistent with these.

ardianto
11-03-2013, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
When you put smile other person face, he/she maybe never forget it feeling.

:D
If we only share smile to everyone, everyone will smile at us but immediately they forget it. But if we share happiness to everyone, everyone will smile at themselves and will never forget this feeling.

Put a happiness in our smile, and make everyone happy. :)

AnotherAbdullah
11-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Short & sweet :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!