/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could Praying help a Person's Depression ?

truthseeker63
10-18-2013, 08:33 AM
As Salaamu Alaikum my question is could Praying/Prayer/Salat at Home/One's House or at a Masjid/Mosque make a Person feel better/good/happy/inter peace/or peace of mind and help one with Depression ? I ask because I feel it helps anyone agree ? I ask because I have been Diagnosed with Depression. th th.

Ṣalāt
(Arabic: صلاة ṣalāh or ṣalāt; pl. صلوات ) is the practice of formal worship in Islam. Its importance for Muslims is indicated by its status as one of the Five Pillars of Islam, with a few dispensations for those for whom it would be difficult. People who find it physically difficult can perform Salat in a way suitable for them. To perform valid Salat, Muslims must be in a state of ritual purity, which is mainly achieved by ritual ablution, (wuḍūʾ), according to prescribed procedures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salat

Seeking help with patience and prayer:

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And seek help in patience and al-salaat (the prayer)…” [al-Baqarah 2:45].

Hudhayfah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Whenever the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was grieved by something, he used to pray.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “How wonderful is the situation of the believer, for all his affairs are good. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks for it and that is good for him; if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. This does not apply to anyone but the believer.” (Narrated by Muslim).

http://islameasy.org/Cure_Depression.php

Category: True Happiness and Inner Peace

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/104/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nur Student
10-18-2013, 11:10 AM
"Yes, it is by knocking through supplication on the door of One All-Compassionate and Munificent that sustenance and strength may be obtained for a heart afflicted with infinite griefs and sorrows and captivated by infinite pleasures and hopes.

And it is by turning towards the spring of mercy of an Eternal Beloved through the five daily prayers that the water of life may be imbibed by a spirit connected with most beings, which swiftly depart from this transitory world crying out at separation.

And being most needy for air in the sorrowful, crushing, distressing, transient, dark, and suffocating conditions of this world, it is only through the window of the prayers that a conscious inner sense and luminous subtle faculty can breathe, which by its nature desires eternal life and was created for eternity and is a mirror of the Pre-Eternal and Post-Eternal One and is infinitely delicate and subtle."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!