/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Musical Instruments in Nasheeds

MohammedAli
10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
As-Salaamu Alaykum..

i want to know what the view is on using musical instruments in nasheeds..

reason being, I was speaking to a nasheed artist who says that they use musical instruments in their nasheeds
as an act of worship.. he also said that Allah (swt) speaks more 'for' music than 'against' it in the quran because
Allah (swt) mentions that Israfil (as) is waiting to blow the horn and when the horn will be blown it will produce
7 different sounds in 7 different stages etc..

He also said that if we can control the affect of music then it is halal for us, if we cannot then it is haram..

So he basically said that it is matter of how it affects us personally..

I disagree with this..

RasulAllah (saw) said that there will be a portion of his ummah that will allow the use of musical instruments.. but he did not say this in a positive way.. right?

Any advice/comments will be appreciated..

JazaakAllahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
10-19-2013, 04:51 PM
:wasalamex brother and welcome to the forum,

The issue of music has been covered numerous times on this forum so I have listed some threads below mentioning the evidences it is Haram in detail.

reason being, I was speaking to a nasheed artist who says that they use musical instruments in their nasheeds
as an act of worship.. he also said that Allah (swt) speaks more 'for' music than 'against' it in the quran because
Allah (swt) mentions that Israfil (as) is waiting to blow the horn and when the horn will be blown it will produce
7 different sounds in 7 different stages etc..
Acts of worship in Islam are not for us to invent, rather we have to only worship in the manner taught to us by Allaah :swt: and the Prophet :saws:.

You should ask this brother whether he thinks the Angel Israfil (alayhis-salam) will be blowing the trumpet for entertainment purposes. It is strange how people try to find proofs to justify their thoughts. I also have never heard of 7 different sounds etc.

For evidences from the Qur'an, Sunnah and statements of the scholars, please browse the following:

I will close this thread to avoid repeating the same discussion.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!