PDA

View Full Version : When a Muslim greets you with Salaam.



ukhti_zahra
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
When a Muslim greets you with 'Assalamu Alaykum Warhmathullahi Wabarakathuhu', it means that they really love & care for you. Be grateful for them, because they are making a sincere Du'a for you, They wish for the Peace and Blessings of Allah to be upon you. Subhanallah!

Assalamu Alaykum Warhmathullahi Wabarakathuhu! =)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Salaams

Been told that if someone greets you 'Assalammu'alaikum' you ought to answer offering them a little bit more in return
'Wa'alaikum Salaam warrahmatullah' would be the minimum.

And if the greeting is 'Assalaammu 'alaikum warrahmatullah' you ought to answer in full.
Wa'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakaatuh'. (there are slight variations I have heard)

Of course if they say the full salaams then you really ought to answer them in full.

Then there is also another 'protocol' for sneezing.:statisfie

Peace :shade:
Reply

Nur Student
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by ukhti_zahra
Assalamu Alaykum Warhmathullahi Wabarakathuhu! =)
Alaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu abadan daiman bi adadi zarrati-l kainati wa murakkabatiha wa bi adadi ...! :D:D:D
Reply

Mustafa2012
10-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ukhti_zahra
When a Muslim greets you with 'Assalamu Alaykum Warhmathullahi Wabarakathuhu', it means that they really love & care for you. Be grateful for them, because they are making a sincere Du'a for you, They wish for the Peace and Blessings of Allah to be upon you. Subhanallah!

Assalamu Alaykum Warhmathullahi Wabarakathuhu! =)
:wasalam:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Mustafa2012
10-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Nur Student


Alaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu abadan daiman bi adadi zarrati-l kainati wa murakkabatiha wa bi adadi ...! :D:D:D
Easy brother!

Translation please?
Reply

Nur Student
10-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Easy brother!

Translation please?
"To the number of particles and creatures in the universe and to the number of ..., may Allah's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you all the time forever..." :D:D:D

I don't know Arabic very well. So, if I'm mistaken, please correct me.
Reply

ardianto
10-21-2013, 03:44 AM
"Good morning everybody!"
"Hey! .... that's not an appropriate greeting in this campus!"
"Oops! ..... Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh"
"Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. ....... Yes! that's the right greeting"

Just a bit of memory when I studied in Islamic university in Yogyakarta.

:)
Reply

Mustafa2012
10-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Nur Student


"To the number of particles and creatures in the universe and to the number of ..., may Allah's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you all the time forever..." :D:D:D

I don't know Arabic very well. So, if I'm mistaken, please correct me.
Right, thanks.

I'm sure you're just joking but I wonder if we're allowed to use this type of greeting.
Reply

new2010
10-21-2013, 10:36 PM
assalamualaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuh dear brother and sisters in Islam,

I have heard in a lesson that it is up to you, when someone says "Assalamalaikum", so answer with "wa Alaikumsalam" or better with "wa Alaikumsalam wa rahmetullah" or "wa Alaikumsalam wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu", but it is long time ago, so I can be wrong but you have to say at least "wa alaikum assalam". And what I heard too, is, that one who says "Assalamualaikum" that at least one has to reply to him. I wished I could verify all that with ahadith :-(

What is the ruling on saying just "Salaam"? Is that complete?
Reply

ardianto
10-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Just "Salaam" is not complete.


---------

Just want to remind that replying salaam is fardhu kifayah. So, if someone start a thread with "Assalamualaikum", the first Muslim who reply the thread should start with 'Wa'alaikumsalam". The next Muslim participants allowed to not reply the salaam although its better if reply too.
Reply

ardianto
10-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
"Good morning everybody!"
"Hey! .... that's not an appropriate greeting in this campus!"
"Oops! ..... Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh"
"Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. ....... Yes! that's the right greeting"

Just a bit of memory when I studied in Islamic university in Yogyakarta.

:)
I still remember this moment.

One morning before the class began, I gathered with few of my friends on campus terrace. One of them was "Batak", an ethnic from North Sumatera which its people known as always said bluntly and dislike ado.

Then a student came on bicycle. He stopped in front of us and greet with "Good morning everybody!". But my Batak friend replied with ""Hey! .... that's not an appropriate greeting in (university name)!"
Reply

Nur Student
10-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Right, thanks.

I'm sure you're just joking but I wonder if we're allowed to use this type of greeting.
Well, you can but it won't be very appropriate to make it very long. And the best way is the way our beloved Prophet (s.a.w) did and showed us. This type of many numbers (thousands/ millions/ to the number of creatures and particles/ to the number of each breath taken/ to the number of the droplets/leaves/flowers etc. ) is usually used when thanking and glorifying Allah (swt), or saying salawat for our Prophet (s.a.w).

Ma'assalaam!
Reply

sister herb
10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Salam alaykum

When I meet muslims in my city I always greet them by Salam alaykum.

:D
Reply

ardianto
10-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

When I meet muslims in my city I always greet them by Salam alaykum.

:D
If you phone my home and hear a man say "Assalamualaikum", that's me. :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!