/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Degree and Interest

MohammedAli
10-23-2013, 06:04 PM
As-Salaamu Alaykum

I want to know what the Shari'ah ruling is on interest in regards to studying a degree..

A lot of people over look this, and I feel that it isn't right to pay so much money for a degree where interest plays a huge part in the fees etc.

I keep getting told to go back to university by my grandparents and some aunty's within the family.

I, however would like to study the deen.

A lot of the time, my grandparents think they are right and I am wrong..

Any decision I make, they dislike it..

Instead of looking at it from a worldly perspective, I prefer to look into things from a perspective of what Islam says.

I'm struggling to make decisions as a result of this.

I fear that I'm losing hope in Allah (swt).. I don't want that to be the case..

I do Dua and I call Allah through his names and use Dua's which are encouraged by shaykhs..

Personally I don't want to do a degree (unless I was to do an Islamic degree in Saudi Arabia), I would rather work and earn so that I can go about achieving my dream job as well as becoming a learned one in the deen.

Any advice would be appreciated

JazaakAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!