/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interview with non-mahram - what to do?

tearose
10-24-2013, 10:15 AM
As-salaamu 3laikum, I need some advice on a situation. I found out about a good opportunity at my university and I would like to apply. The problem is that in order to apply I would have to go for an interview with a non-mahram male teacher. I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if you found a solution. Should I ask him to ask another teacher to be present, or should I ask a female (non-Muslim) classmate to go with me, or should I try to find a female Muslim student to go with me (there are some in my uni but I don't know them)? This is in a non-Muslim country by the way. Jazaak Allahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

Can you tell him to let the door open during interview?. Sometime I talked with non-mahram woman in a room without presence of other person, but I always let the door open.

Muslim Woman
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
:wa:

if possible, take a female companion with u . If she won't be allowed to stay at room , at least she can stay outside the door. Also as bro suggested , u may request him to keep the door open.

ardianto
10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
There are two reasons why I always let the door open when I talk with a non-mahram in a room if the third party could not present.

First. To prevent or at least minimize shaytan temptation. Like taught by my ustadz.

Second. I know, the good woman actually feel uncomfortable if she must stay with a stranger man in a closed room.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tearose
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
As-salaamu 3laikum,jazaak Allahu khair for the advice.In the end I decided not to go for the interview, but thanks anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!