/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Storm in the UK, hope everyones k , some duas...

Periwinkle18
10-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Assalam o alikum

I heard about the storm in the UK I hope everyones ok...

At the time of heavy winds
Recite: اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهَا رَحْمَةً وَلَا تَجْعَلْهَا عَذَابَاً اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهَا رِيَاحَاً وَلَا تَجْعَلْهَا رِيحَاً

When there is a heavy wind, sit in the position of Tashahud and recite:
"O Allah, let it be a mercy and not a punishment. O Allah make it a beneficial and not a destructive wind". (Mishkat)

Also recite
اللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهَا، وَخَيْرَ مَا فِيهَا، وَخَيْرَ مَا أُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا، وَشَرِّ مَا فِيهَا، وَشَرِّ مَا أُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka kthayrahaa, wa khayra maa feehaa, wa khayra maa 'ursilat bihi wa a'oothu bika min sharrihaa, wa sharri maa feehaa, wa sharri maa 'ursilat bihi
"Oh Allah, I ask from you the best of the winds, the best of what is in the winds, and the best of what it brings. Oh Allah, I seek refuge from the evil of the winds, from the evil of what is in the winds, and from the evil of what it brings."
(Muslim)
If there is a darkness with the heavy wind, recite Surah Falaq and Surah Naas. (Mishkat)

At the time of rain
Recite: اللَّهُمَّ صَيِّبَاً نَافِعَاً
Allaahumma sayyiban naafi'an

"O Allah make it plentiful and beneficial". (Bukhari)

When rain exceeds the limits Recite:
اللَّهُمَّ حَوَالَيْنَا وَلَا عَلَيْنَا اللَّهُمَّ عَلَى الْأَكَامِ وَالْأَجَامِ وَالظِّرَابِ وَالْأَدْوِيَةِ وَمَنَابِةِ الشَّجَرِ

Allaahumma hawaalaynaa wa laa 'alaynaa. Allaahumma 'alal-'aakaami wadh-dhiraabi, wa butoonil-'awdiyati, wa manaabitish-shajari

"O Allah, let it rain around us and not on us. O Allah, let it rain on the peaks and mountains and the valleys and at the forests". (Tirmidhi, Bukhari, Muslim)

At the time of thunder Recite:
اللَّهُمَّ لَا تَقْتُلْنَا بِغَضَبِكَ وَلَا تُهْلِكْنَا بِعَذَابِكَ وَعَافِنَا قَبْلَ ذَلِكَ

"O Allah, do not let us die by Your anger and do not destroy us with Your punishment, but grant us safety". (Tirmidhi)

When it Thunders:
سُبْحانَ الّذي يُسَبِّحُ الرَّعْدُ بِحَمْدِهِ، وَالملائِكةُ مِنْ خيفَته
Subhaanal-lathee yusabbihur-ra'du bihamdihi walmalaa'ikatu min kheefatihi
"Glory is to Him Whom thunder and angels glorify due to fear of Him"

Whenever Abdullah bin Zubair (RA) would hear thunder, he would abandon all conversation and say this supplication. See Al-Muwatta' 2/992. It was graded authentic by Al-Albani as a statement of Abdullah bin Zubayr only.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
10-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Thank you, Periwinkle. At least here where I live the worst seems to be over now.
No obvious damage from what I have seen. I will venture out soon to check out the neighbourhood and to check on a couple of neighbours.

Prayer for all who are out travelling or who are affected by damage to property, falling trees and power cuts.

And special prayers to the family of the young boy who was swept out to see yesterday.

glo
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
I feel quite humbled when I think that this 'emergency' here in the UK is really very little compared to the struggles people have in other parts of the world. :embarrass

Sometimes we are so quick to complain about what really are minor inconveniences - delayed trains, fallen trees, power cuts.

Periwinkle18
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM
^ true theres so much gng on out there :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-28-2013, 03:36 PM
This storm come to here maybe tomorrow. It is nothing new to us. It comes every year anyways.

;D

glo
10-28-2013, 06:54 PM
On a more light-hearted note, there has been a report of a giant beach ball coming loose and bouncing through London in the storm. :)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ll-east-london

sister herb
10-28-2013, 09:20 PM
The storm comes here this night.

And who cares, It is normal here. Same happens every year.

^o) Ok ok some trees may cut...

Then have had bad roots.

sister herb
10-28-2013, 09:43 PM
But this ball

I want to full of my garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please winds come to here and fast.

:embarrass

Jedi_Mindset
10-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Storm was here as well,heavy windgusts around 10/11 BFT, but aside from fallen trees not much damage here Alhamdulillah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!