/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help: I downloaded many softwares in the past like Windows 8 and Software...

animehunter123
11-01-2013, 02:49 AM
Hello,

I know this topic is common... but I did not find the answer to this question specifically:

"I have downloaded a lot of software like Windows 8 and Antivirus, which normally costs money and used it." I am trying to fix myself now, should I delete ALL THE SOFTWARE I HAVE, and buy a physical Windows 8 CD and physical Antivirus CD to make up for my sins and make tawbat? Is this what I should do?

Please provide help and guidance. I will still need windows and antivirus, so I will buy a copy for myself while keeping it on my computer. But... I gave the softwares to my freinds a while ago, what should I do about that?

Thank you and Jazak allah khair. I dont mind DELETING MY COMPUTER but... I also shared with freinds, so i dont know what to do :skeleton:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
animehunter123
11-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Im not sure if others are in the same shoes as me, so heres what Im doing, but if I am wrong please feel free to comment jazak ak

1. Delete ALL Music, Movies, Games, and Software that I dont own the CD for
2. Buy a copy of all the software that I want to keep (microsoft windows, office, antivirus). (It helps to have a CD so that you know if you own it!). I also switched to using Ubuntu 12.04 now because its 100% halal.
3. if the software is tooo old and cant be bought anymore --- make zakat I guess?
4. Make tawbat 2 rakaat, and in last sajdah ask allah for forgiveness

Let me know if you guys think this is ok. Again thank you all so much for all your help and may allah give you many many rewards inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!