/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family Trouble

redvelvet8352
11-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I am writing to this board because I wanted some advice on special prayers, and wondered if anyone else has had similar problems to mine. My 26 year old sister has for the past 2 years has become farther and farther away from Islam. My parents have raised us with proper Islamic and cultural values; however, my sister has started to become very rebellious to everything. She has gotten into some trouble with men, and since then, has decided to stop praying salat, stop dressing modestly, stop eating halal, does not listen to anything my parents say, and continues to use profanity. Furthermore, she continues to get into trouble with men because she is very rebellious and cannot listen to my parents and wait for a proper marriage proposal to come. In the past, she stated that she had wanted a good husband, who prayed and had proper moral values and ethics. She was also very intelligent and decent with her clothing, and was very respectful to prayer and other types of religious activities. But in the last 2 years, she said she just wants a husband who will not restrict her from dressing how she wants or doing the things she wants. Prayer and religious values in a man is no longer important to her, because she thinks that that type of man will restrict her. Basically, she has a very negative and disrespectful perception of religion, and it has been ongoing. I suspect that her workplace has something to do with the influence, but she refuses to leave that job, and I cannot guarantee that she will not be negatively influenced if she goes into another job. Hence, I want to rely on ALLAH and pray properly for her to return to the way of ALLAH. I am scared that she may never return, and that will impact our relationship as I am very close with her, and cannot bear to see her go the route she is going. I have prayed various types of prayer, but I am not sure if I have asked correctly. But I have been praying for her for the last 2 years, but things continues to get worse with her. As a result, my entire family is suffering because we really cannot control her or make her realize what she was in the past. I have stopped advising her because she gets very angry and rude whenever I try to tell her to return to the path of ALLAH because she claims that she hates it when people tell her what to do. I wanted to know if anyone knows a specific type of prayer, or any type of duaa I can make to help my sister?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-05-2013, 04:11 PM
:sl:

Oh Turner of the Hearts keep our Hearts firm on Your Religion

Salih Luhaydan mentioned a nice benefit during his class tonight at the Haram in Makkah(7/2/2009). He mentioned that, ” If you come across someone performing an innovation, remember to praise Allah, the Most high. Remember to praise Allah, the Most High, because he hasn’t tested you with that innovation. “He also mentioned that, “No one is safe from misguidance. So remember to constantly ask Allah to keep you on the straight path.”

A du’aa that he mentioned pertaining to this is:يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee ‘alaa Deenik.
Oh turner of the hearts (Allah, the Most High), keep our hearts firm on your religion“[Authenticated by al-Albanee in al-Jaam'i as-Sagheer 1323/7988]Url source : http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...m=9&Topic=9012

If Allaah wills, He can seal the heart from guidance. Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin al-‘Aas said, that he heard Allaah’s Messenger saying, “All the hearts of the offspring of Aadam are between two fingers of Ar-Rehman’s Fingers, as one heart. He turns it (in any direction) as He wills. Then Allaah’s Messenger said, “O Allaah! The Turner of the hearts, turn our heart towards Your obedience.” [Saheeh Muslim vol.4, p.1397, no.6418]

The Importance of supplicating for steadfastness, and uprightness in the religion upto the end of one’s life.
Indeed the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) used to do so, and taught us to do so, as in the hadeeth of Umm Salamah by Shihr who said : ‘I said to Umm Salamah : ‘O Mother of the Believers, what is the duaa’ which the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) would supplicate the most while in your presence? ’

So she said : ‘The frequent supplication of his was :يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ“O, Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Your obedience.”And also reported by Imaam Ahmad , from the hadeeth of ‘Aisha (radhiyaAllaahu anha): ‘The Dua’ which the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) used to supplicate with a lot…’ then she mentioned it.

Taken from Silsilah as-Saheeha of Al-Imaam Al-Albaanee : 2091

Muslim Woman
11-05-2013, 04:14 PM

sis , when making this dua , utter ur sis's name . May Allah guide her.

Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee ‘alaa Deenik.Oh turner of the hearts (Allah, the Most High), keep our hearts firm on your religion

redvelvet8352
11-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Thank you for the advise. I have been saying her name when I pray for her. I have also tried to search for Salatul Hajjah, but I am not sure if I am praying it right. Basically, I pray two rakats and then may dua for my sister, but before I may dua for her, I have to praise ALLAH, read the dorud shariff, and then make the dua. I know that no matter what, if I pray sincerely, then ALLAH can listen to my prayers. But I still want to try and pray some special namaz or read some dua, so that my sister can come to the straight path once again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
11-07-2013, 04:09 PM

for Salatul Hajat , pl. read this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-ul-hajat.html

redvelvet8352
11-07-2013, 05:21 PM
If Salatul Hajjah is based on a weak hadith, what else can I do? I read that it said that whatever happens is for the best, and if you don't get anything now, you will get it later in the afterlife. But I also know that if you pray for a right thing, then it will be answered. Am I asking for a wrong thing if I ask ALLAH to guide my sister in HIS path? Does that mean that me praying for my sister to become good is not a prayer that can be answered in this duniyaa? Also, I have so much anxiety, so I haven't been able to pray 5 times salat properly, meaning, I haven't been waking up for fazr or praying the full zohor, and sometimes not Ishaa. I guess I am frustrated and sad so I am not able to pray properly because for the last 2 years, I was really careful to not miss a salat. This scares me because I think that ALLAH will not listen to me because I am now unable to pray properly. I have read other people's post and it said they prayed for one thing for 15 years, but when I think I may have to wait and be sad for that long, I feel so disheartened and lost. I want to believe that this is a trivial matter for ALLAH so HE can solve it right away and give me a new problem to face, something that doesn't involve my family to become bad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!