/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Close Friends and Drugs.

anonymous
11-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Salam.

I have an issue that is really been on my mind lately and has been effecting my ability to concentrate inside and outside of school. A couple weeks ago my friend asked me to borrow some money. I had no idea what this money was for, but him being one of my closest friends for the past 6 years, I did not hesitate (and neither would he if I ever asked him). It turns out he used the money to purchase drugs.

In order to fully explain the situation I will have to describe the past few years briefly. Two years ago I started making a lot of bad decisions in terms of drugs and people I associated with, this is the same year that my friend moved to my highschool. I barley spoke to him and never hung out with him during school and on weekends, causing us to drift apart. After the year ended I did really badly in school, an abnormality for me, and had really disappointed my parents. Over the summer I started to complete my salaat more often and really started thinking about every decision I made. When I entered my junior (second last) year of highschool, I stopped going to parties and subsequently stopped talking to the "friends" I had the year before.

Slowly throughout the year I started to get close to my friend again (but still not to the point where he was open with me like he was before. By the start of this year (senior year/ final year in highschool) I had gotten really close to my friend again. He started opening up to me like we were brothers again and I did the same. I realized that quite a bit in him has changed in the past 1 and a half year.

Fast forward to this month. By now I realize that my friend is extremely confused on his stance in life. He is constantly talking about girls and all the stupid decisions he will make next year in uni, yet goes to the masjid more than I do and asks people if they prayed salaat. I just laugh and don't say much because I don't want to come off as a hypocrite if I tell him that he needs to chill out with the stuff he is saying (I have a couple times and he said how I can't say anything because of everything I did a couple years ago).

Around last week is when this whole drug ordeal started. I gave him money and then found out he was taking it to buy drugs (nothing chemical or artificial). He has other friends that don't go to our school that I can tell influenced him a lot (ones that he grew up with), not to mention most of OUR friends in school are not the best influences either. My friends and I regularly go out to smoke hookah/sheesha, I tend to stay away from smoking, because I do not want to make the same mistakes I made before, however, at times I do it. Coming back to last week; my friend in question (and another) along with myself and thats when I realized that what he had gotten was drugs. They both smoked it thinking that I would be cool with it since I was "so used to it", however, I explained to them that I have been past all that. They understood.

The main problem came at the end of the night, in taking home the "substance". The other friend who was with us has suspicious parents (rightfully so) and I was not about to let my best friend take the stuff home. So I said that I'll take it home "because I am stressed with university applications and might use it", with no actual intention to use it; I just didn't want my friend to use it. Also out of us three, my parents are the least strict (aka they trust me), and both my friends knew that, so they agreed that I should take it. At that point the only concern on my mind was that I am breaking all the trust I worked so hard to get back from my parents. But I am really good at hiding things that I should not have (plus my parents do not check my things), so I was going to keep it with me as long as possible.

Day before yesterday my friend asks me for the drugs, and I told him no. He was not mad, he saw it as a joke (I didn't give the most serious response). Today he kept persisting about it, realizing that I was not using it. I told him straight up why I really took it home and that I will give his portion of the money payed back, but I will not give him the drugs.

I told him that I care bout him and don't want him to make the same mistakes I did. he responded saying that he understands and appreciates it, but he will just go and buy it himself and that I am making this a bigger deal than it has to be.

I have NO idea what to do next. Should I just give him the money and create another rift in our friendship? That might cause him to make even more bad decisions, as I am one of the only people around him telling him what he is doing/thinking/saying is wrong.

Should I give him the drugs and let him make his own mistakes in life and learn for himself like I did?

I have WAY too much going on in my life right now, just to add this on top. I REALLY need some kind of advice!!!!!!

sorry if this has grammatical errors or is disorganized; I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything atm.imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!