/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer me

Plz Answer Me
11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Assalam o Alaikum!
Atheist ask why men don't wear hijab ?, if SCIENTIFICALLY it is really good, also that it is not justice woman must have to wear hijab while it is not obligatory on man, and why the rulings for hijab is different for both man and woman? Does woman wear hijab not to get raped ??? Since women with hijabs still get raped.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shasid
11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
:wa:
Sister!

Absurd statement/claim.. To anyone that may consider this apparent bias, Tell him: Do you think God really would favor a man over a woman? Would Allah Azza Wajal, the Just and the Protecting Friend, ask women to do something that is burdensome and free of any reward? To think in such a way is blasphemy, but it is also a testament of how well you understand your faith and Allah’s orders.

A man and a woman can never be the same entity despite being equal in status. We look different, think in different ways, and respond differently to the same situation. Allah has made men and women strikingly different.

Allah Azza Wa Jal, the Bestower of Form and the Fashioner, is actually honoring the woman by giving her the ability to control herself so well. In this way, one of the reasons why Allah has obligated women to cover would be because man may not be able to exert the same level of control as a woman. Without hijab, a woman radiates – biologically, receptors go out to attract the opposite gender. With hijab, however, the attraction is reduced dramatically and it is easier for men to go about without looking lustfully

The hijab serves as a protective barrier for not only the woman but also for a man, who is inherently attracted to the visual. Just imagine, the next time you step out without a hijab – you may be unaware of so much going on around you. Would you be happy to know the sins you have accumulated, the silent struggles of a brother who found it so difficult to lower his gaze from you?
Atheist may be unaware, but Allah the All Aware, is not. There’s a good reason behind everything, just as there is a good reason behind hijab.

Plz Answer Me
11-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Jazakallah khair for the Answer my respected brother in Islam May Allah reward you and bless you.
Wassalam!

greenhill
11-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Salaams,

Just came across this in another post by Bintulislam in the thread "I came across this and I thought I'd share" (or something like that) nd it seems relevant to me to this thread...

Here goes..

(Quote from the thread)
Ibn Abbas narrated: A beautiful woman, from among the most beautiful of women, used to pray behind the Prophet. Some of the people used to go to pray in the first row to ensure they would not be able to see her. Others would pray in the last row of the men, and they would look from underneath their armpits [in rukoo' and sujood] to see her. Because of this act, in regard to her, Allah revealed, "Verily We know the eager among you to be first, and verily We know the eager among you to be behind." (Surah al-Hijr ayah 24)

(Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud Tayalisi, Baihaqi, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, and Nasai and it is judged sahih by Albani. He includes it as #2472 in his Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahih)

Why is this narration so fascinating? Because it reveals how even in the time of RasulAllah (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam), the Sahabah had differing levels of emaan and even in salah - a time when all worldly desires are meant to be put aside - they still acted upon their desires.

On another note, I do see the custom of men of the Middle East wearing their clothes almost covering up the aurat similar to women. They have their head gear and loose garments all the way down to their ankles. Only, they are not commanded to do so. They choose to do so. Only their face, hands and feet show... Nobody says anything...

^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Plz Answer Me
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
//On another note, I do see the custom of men of the Middle East wearing their clothes almost covering up the aurat similar to women. They have their head gear and loose garments all the way down to their ankles. Only, they are not commanded to do so. They choose to do so. Only their face, hands and feet show... Nobody says anything...//

Really ??? Strange!!! Believe it or not. I have never seen such example. By the way good post indeed. Jazakallah for sharing the ahadeeth.
But the writing is so italic that about to fell on the floor, or there is some problem with my eyes, and the italic button seems so annoyed I tried so much to push it to make strait my writing but the button is not willing
:cry:

ardianto
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
Does woman wear hijab not to get raped ??? Since women with hijabs still get raped.
With or without hijab, women still can get raped. It's because the men who rape them do not cover their heart and mind with hijab.

Hijab for men is not in physical form, but in abstract form, ability to control desires.

Plz Answer Me
11-08-2013, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

With or without hijab, women still can get raped. It's because the men who rape them do not cover their heart and mind with hijab.

Hijab for men is not in physical form, but in abstract form, ability to control desires.
Exactly brother jazakallah for the answer
Attachment 5298

Ahmad H
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Let's look at the facts, I won't beat around the bush and share opinions with you, brother. Here is why women wear Hijab in Islam:

#1 Men have a much greater sexual desire than women, and they are aroused at the sight of women more so than women at the sight of men. I don't care what feminist thinks women and men are the same in getting aroused, it is just not the same for men and women. If women look at men, they do not have uncontrollable feelings, men get uncontrollable feelings when seeing women. Thus, women wear Hijab and are told to do so for this reason, which is just one out of many reasons.

#2 Modesty. The hijab is a form of modesty which has been around for ages. It is for class distinction. Rich and powerful families, and even women from other religions were told to wear the headscarf as a form of modesty. This is not a new phenomenon which Islam has created and enforced. This is a human phenomenon. Does anyone want their women stared at by men who have ill intentions, and do they want their sights on their women who they would protect with their life? It is not just Muslim men who are like this, men of all backgrounds feel greatly offended when the women of their family or liking are treated badly. This is why men fight over girlfriends and even just friends who are girls. They try to protect them from others. This is a form of prevention. Men do not gaze at women in any ill-manners in this way.

#3 The Hijab was introduced so that Muslim women do not get molested. The specific reason was because the wives of the Holy Prophet (saw) and the Muslim women would get treated badly like the slave girls did by being spoken to in a bad manner or being referred to in a humiliating way. So, in order to distinguish themselves, all the Muslim women were told to cover themselves so that they be distinguishable and thus respected for their status. The wives of the Holy Prophet (saw), and all the other Muslim women after them, were the best women of their time. They were to be treated differently and they were to command that respect by dressing a certain way.

#4 By raising the consciousness of women to cover themselves up, we prevent the sin which Western society is guilty of - objectifying women. Women who cover up are not kept hidden from society, but they are kept respectable in society. Women are supposed to be kept somewhat hidden so that everything is not known about them. If they wear something, it should not be the talk of everyone. Even among women themselves, they gossip and talk about useless matters with one another. This is a female trait in general. Men and women think differently about others, and the perception of women about other women isn't always so nice to each other. Therefore, a woman in public who is covered up isn't stared at by other men, and is not gossiped about needlessly by other women. Gossip spreads quickly. It isn't foreign to Western society either. I don't care what Atheists say about that. Women have also been objectified in this society by removing their coverings and clothing, and continuously shedding off any layers of clothing they can on billboards, TV, movies, etc. It seems their pride is in how often they can remove their pants. The honor of women in Western society is such that the more naked a woman is, the more honorable she becomes. While in Islamic society a woman who covers herself properly is honored. Who has more self-respect, the feminist who wants to experience hundred of male partners and goes naked whenever she can because she claims she is free? Or the woman who doesn't allow herself to be soiled by many men and dresses modestly in public?

I think I covered many more points within each point here for you. I will return with more points if I find there is more I can add to here. There are definitely some sources with good facts which can be used in an argument.

As for why men do not wear a Hijab, this is the other part of the question. But I think the reasons for why women wear Hijab should tie into that answer for you.

There is a situation in the West where people seem to feel uncomfortable with women who wear a Hijab, and wonder what they have hidden underneath (obviously of weapons or something else harmful) or because their face is covered. This is purely cynicism and racism combined, because the West groups all Muslims as terrorists and because they think all of us Muslims are up to no good. They have no argument to ban Hijab and no argument to speak against it considering their own hypocritical attitudes. If you look at some of the old black and white American movies, some women wore headscarves in public in the past. They may not have covered their faces, but aristocratic women and generally women of high class used to do so. They would be kept hidden in public.

Gordon
11-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I am Christian, but please allow me to add my opinon to the poll.

In the beginning of the Jewish documents, after Adam and Eve ate of the apple, It is written "Women will desire men, and men will rule over them"
because of this, women wear the Hijaba dn men do not.
Because of this revelation, women in the Islamic faith demonstrate their chast nature and faithful spirit by concealing themselves.
A truly faithful man, then, I am sure, would apreciate God even more at the time he saw her demonstrating this faith.
Because her lust for men - according to that revelation - is surely greater than his own lust, her chast nature is an even greater demonstration of her faith in God. and it has been clearly marked for everyone to enjoy through the Hijab, which conceals that which would make men restless.

I am christian, and I have told women my appreciation for wearing hijabs in public, informing them that they do work! My heart is settles adn my haunted mind is at ease when I see them.

Plz Answer Me
11-09-2013, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Let's look at the facts, I won't beat around the bush and share opinions with you, brother. Here is why women wear Hijab in Islam:

#1 Men have a much greater sexual desire than women, and they are aroused at the sight of women more so than women at the sight of men. I don't care what feminist thinks women and men are the same in getting aroused, it is just not the same for men and women. If women look at men, they do not have uncontrollable feelings, men get uncontrollable feelings when seeing women. Thus, women wear Hijab and are told to do so for this reason, which is just one out of many reasons.

#2 Modesty. The hijab is a form of modesty which has been around for ages. It is for class distinction. Rich and powerful families, and even women from other religions were told to wear the headscarf as a form of modesty. This is not a new phenomenon which Islam has created and enforced. This is a human phenomenon. Does anyone want their women stared at by men who have ill intentions, and do they want their sights on their women who they would protect with their life? It is not just Muslim men who are like this, men of all backgrounds feel greatly offended when the women of their family or liking are treated badly. This is why men fight over girlfriends and even just friends who are girls. They try to protect them from others. This is a form of prevention. Men do not gaze at women in any ill-manners in this way.

#3 The Hijab was introduced so that Muslim women do not get molested. The specific reason was because the wives of the Holy Prophet (saw) and the Muslim women would get treated badly like the slave girls did by being spoken to in a bad manner or being referred to in a humiliating way. So, in order to distinguish themselves, all the Muslim women were told to cover themselves so that they be distinguishable and thus respected for their status. The wives of the Holy Prophet (saw), and all the other Muslim women after them, were the best women of their time. They were to be treated differently and they were to command that respect by dressing a certain way.

#4 By raising the consciousness of women to cover themselves up, we prevent the sin which Western society is guilty of - objectifying women. Women who cover up are not kept hidden from society, but they are kept respectable in society. Women are supposed to be kept somewhat hidden so that everything is not known about them. If they wear something, it should not be the talk of everyone. Even among women themselves, they gossip and talk about useless matters with one another. This is a female trait in general. Men and women think differently about others, and the perception of women about other women isn't always so nice to each other. Therefore, a woman in public who is covered up isn't stared at by other men, and is not gossiped about needlessly by other women. Gossip spreads quickly. It isn't foreign to Western society either. I don't care what Atheists say about that. Women have also been objectified in this society by removing their coverings and clothing, and continuously shedding off any layers of clothing they can on billboards, TV, movies, etc. It seems their pride is in how often they can remove their pants. The honor of women in Western society is such that the more naked a woman is, the more honorable she becomes. While in Islamic society a woman who covers herself properly is honored. Who has more self-respect, the feminist who wants to experience hundred of male partners and goes naked whenever she can because she claims she is free? Or the woman who doesn't allow herself to be soiled by many men and dresses modestly in public?

I think I covered many more points within each point here for you. I will return with more points if I find there is more I can add to here. There are definitely some sources with good facts which can be used in an argument.

As for why men do not wear a Hijab, this is the other part of the question. But I think the reasons for why women wear Hijab should tie into that answer for you.

There is a situation in the West where people seem to feel uncomfortable with women who wear a Hijab, and wonder what they have hidden underneath (obviously of weapons or something else harmful) or because their face is covered. This is purely cynicism and racism combined, because the West groups all Muslims as terrorists and because they think all of us Muslims are up to no good. They have no argument to ban Hijab and no argument to speak against it considering their own hypocritical attitudes. If you look at some of the old black and white American movies, some women wore headscarves in public in the past. They may not have covered their faces, but aristocratic women and generally women of high class used to do so. They would be kept hidden in public.
Jazakallah khair for the Answer Brother I'm grateful , I appreciate your knowledge. :thumbs_upAttachment 5299 :thumbs_up Helped me a lot.

Plz Answer Me
11-09-2013, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gordon
I am Christian, but please allow me to add my opinon to the poll.

In the beginning of the Jewish documents, after Adam and Eve ate of the apple, It is written "Women will desire men, and men will rule over them"
because of this, women wear the Hijaba dn men do not.
Because of this revelation, women in the Islamic faith demonstrate their chast nature and faithful spirit by concealing themselves.
A truly faithful man, then, I am sure, would apreciate God even more at the time he saw her demonstrating this faith.
Because her lust for men - according to that revelation - is surely greater than his own lust, her chast nature is an even greater demonstration of her faith in God. and it has been clearly marked for everyone to enjoy through the Hijab, which conceals that which would make men restless.

I am christian, and I have told women my appreciation for wearing hijabs in public, informing them that they do work! My heart is settles adn my haunted mind is at ease when I see them.
Th:smile:nk y
:smile:u for the opinion.

ardianto
11-09-2013, 11:57 AM
//On another note, I do see the custom of men of the Middle East wearing their clothes almost covering up the aurat similar to women. They have their head gear and loose garments all the way down to their ankles. Only, they are not commanded to do so. They choose to do so. Only their face, hands and feet show... Nobody says anything...[B]//

Really ??? Strange!!! Believe it or not. I have never seen such example.

Saudi men. Notice their clothes.

Plz Answer Me
11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Ooooh yeah , I have never noticed, Really sad! May Allah give them hidayah!

cottonrainbow
11-09-2013, 01:42 PM
The STANDARD UNIVERSAL UNIFORM for a man is hijab, if not close.
Most men of all nationalities and faiths wear pants that reach the ankle or longer, and a long sleeve button shirt, with a cap or hat added. It may not be big and baggy, but they are covered at least 90% of the body.

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/a...7s+Fashion.jpg

glo
11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I love that post. :statisfie

A wonderful reminder that hijab as the outer garment is really only a reflection of hijab as an inner attitude - one which both men and women should carry within their hearts.

ardianto
11-09-2013, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I love that post. :statisfie

A wonderful reminder that hijab as the outer garment is really only a reflection of hijab as an inner attitude - one which both men and women should carry within their hearts.
It's true. Wearing hijab does not make a woman become modest. But modesty will make (Muslim) woman wear hijab.

Insaanah
11-09-2013, 07:24 PM
:salam:

Atheist ask why men don't wear hijab ?
Sister, bearing in mind where you live, how are you coming across these atheists? It is best to avoid spending time getting involved in such debates.

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
On another note, I do see the custom of men of the Middle East wearing their clothes almost covering up the aurat similar to women. They have their head gear and loose garments all the way down to their ankles. Only, they are not commanded to do so. They choose to do so. Only their face, hands and feet show... Nobody says anything...
Ooooh yeah , I have never noticed, Really sad! May Allah give them hidayah!
What is sad about it?

The awrah, is the minimum part that must be covered. But the awrah is not the only thing that must be covered. E.g. it would not be appropriate in most places for a man to walk around only covered from his navel to his knees. The clothing of both genders should be loose so as not to be able to see the shape of the body.

The thowb that the Arab men wear, is most appropriate, as it is loose, above the ankles in most cases, and according to the climate, allows air to circulate. Some also wear the scarf (shemaagh) on their head. This again, protects their head and the backs of their necks from the sun. The hoops help keep the shemaagh in position. The thowbs and shemaagh are clearly distinguished and different from women's wear.

As an example, in the subcontinent, women and men, both, wear the shalwaar qameez. Now will we say it's inappropriate, because each is copying the clothing of the opposite gender? No. Men's shalwaar qameez can be clearly seen to be for men, and women's, cut, design, and fabric is different, and can be clearly seen to be for women.

Islamic clothing can be according to cultural norms, as long as it follows the guidelines for modesty and not imitating the opposite gender, or specific non-Muslim clothing.

greenhill
11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you bro. Ardianto for the pic to illustrate my point... :shade:

Peace

Plz Answer Me
11-10-2013, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

Sister, bearing in mind where you live, how are you coming across these atheists? It is best to avoid spending time getting involved in such debates.

What is sad about it?

The awrah, is the minimum part that must be covered. But the awrah is not the only thing that must be covered. E.g. it would not be appropriate in most places for a man to walk around only covered from his navel to his knees. The clothing of both genders should be loose so as not to be able to see the shape of the body.

The thowb that the Arab men wear, is most appropriate, as it is loose, above the ankles in most cases, and according to the climate, allows air to circulate. Some also wear the scarf (shemaagh) on their head. This again, protects their head and the backs of their necks from the sun. The hoops help keep the shemaagh in position. The thowbs and shemaagh are clearly distinguished and different from women's wear.

As an example, in the subcontinent, women and men, both, wear the shalwaar qameez. Now will we say it's inappropriate, because each is copying the clothing of the opposite gender? No. Men's shalwaar qameez can be clearly seen to be for men, and women's, cut, design, and fabric is different, and can be clearly seen to be for women.

Islamic clothing can be according to cultural norms, as long as it follows the guidelines for modesty and not imitating the opposite gender, or specific non-Muslim clothing.
Thank you for the answer ,and Yes My dear respected moderator I often think I shouldn't debate in Atheists forums, It really change one's mind, and what they do is Just insult, they insult Islam and Muslims. Every time I say I will not visit their forums but I visit when I'm free.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!